Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

yet another question...

Page: 1 of 1
 fahtajorj
10-08-2003, 5:08 PM
how do you create shields like in siege_hoth and siege_desert? i once found a tutorial explaining it but i seem to have lost it. your help is much appreaciated.
thanks,
fathajorj
 WadeV1589
10-08-2003, 5:25 PM
You use a shader that has surfaceparm forcefield in it. This can be one that comes with the game or one you make yourself such as
byss/static_field_2sided
nar_hideout/pipe1_ref
rift/env_crystal
Make a func_usable and apply this texture to it, then whenever you trigger it, it turns on an off.

I'll be honest, I didn't test this before I posted, but going from Elite Force, this is how to do it. Maybe JA has a 10x easier way I just haven't looked yet :p
 fahtajorj
10-08-2003, 5:51 PM
i tried a func_wall and textured it with factory/other_field texture and it works fine. thanks.
 WadeV1589
10-08-2003, 6:07 PM
Both the same thing anyway :D
/*QUAKED func_usable (0 .5 .8) ? STARTOFF x x ALWAYS_ON x x PLAYER_USE INACTIVE
START_OFF - the wall will not be there
ALWAYS_ON - Doesn't toggle on and off when used, just runs usescript and fires target

A bmodel that just sits there, doing nothing. Can be used for conditional walls and models.

/*QUAKED func_wall (0 .5 .8) ? START_OFF x x x x x PLAYER_USE INACTIVE
PLAYER_USE Player can use it with the use button
INACTIVE must be used by a target_activate before it can be used

A bmodel that just sits there, doing nothing. Can be used for conditional walls and models.
Page: 1 of 1