Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skin Name Exceeds MAX_QPATH?

Page: 1 of 1
 monsoontide
10-08-2003, 5:57 AM
I've set up my vehicle model as correctly as I can with a .veh file, a .npc file and *driver tag, but when I try

/npc spawn vehicle myvehiclename

I get
Skin Name Exceeds MAX_QPATH

Please help me solve this. I am but steps away from adding a new vehicle for Jedi Academy.

Thanks
Monsoontide
 CortoCG
10-08-2003, 6:22 PM
could you post the skin file pls?
 monsoontide
10-08-2003, 7:22 PM
No Problem - will have to wait till tonight though as I'm at work & file is at home :(

Monsoontide
 CortoCG
10-08-2003, 7:30 PM
Ok, no prob, I'm at work too. Btw, here's my icq 39894605, this will make our communication a lot easier.
 monsoontide
10-08-2003, 7:46 PM
Ahh! :eek:

Sorry. I neither have nor use an ICQ prog!
Strange really but I've never had the need!!!! :)

Monsoontide.
 sights0d
10-09-2003, 2:10 AM
I am having the same problem with a skin for a swoop... same message. All I can get to show up is a swoop that is untextured... just a white swoop with no markings. Can anyone help?
 monsoontide
10-09-2003, 2:16 AM
working on the problem - will get back when have a solution

Monsoontide
 sights0d
10-09-2003, 3:58 AM
Thx
 monsoontide
10-10-2003, 3:10 PM
O.K. here's the solution to get rid of the Skin Exceeds MAX_QPATH error :)

I was building all my stuff in D:games/lucasrts/Jedi_Academy/GameData/Base/Models/Players/*modelname*

and even though I set all the path names in the .qc file and skin file etc to just models/players/*modelname*, for some reason, the compiler still takes into account all the other stuff!

Since the MAX_QPATH is apparently only 64 characters this was causing the problem.

So smiply create the directory structure C:models/players/*modelname*
and put everything in there
then compile the model
(NOTE: the textures won't show up in MD3 view properly)
Export the GLM
Then shift the folder to your Jedi_Academy folder and everything should show up properly!!!
May need to experiment with it a bit.

However, now, while I no longer get the error, my model still spawn invisible and crashes the game when I try to get on it!

:mauls:
Page: 1 of 1