Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Trouble fooling GTKRadiant.

Page: 1 of 1
 Dart Zaidyer
10-08-2003, 12:07 AM
Ok, here's the thing: I've been attempting to get GTKRadiant to edit Jedi Academy by using the new NPC def files and textures. When I go to point GTK in the right directory, it loads up and stops, saying that essential textures are missing.

Now, I've checked for myself, and these textures do exist. It's just that they're in png format rather than jpg or tga.

This is GTKRadiant 1.3.11 by the way, but I've heard there are newer unsupported betas floating around somewhere. (presumably with png support for textures.)

This is really my only stumbling block, seeing as how I can compile a map into JA and it will run just fine. (Sans any textures that weren't carried over from JO.)

Any advice?
 GothiX
10-08-2003, 9:37 AM
Convert the textures to JPG.
 WadeV1589
10-08-2003, 11:35 AM
http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/BT) - That's the site of the unofficial beta if you want to just skip tricking radiant and use one that is designed for JA.
 Dart Zaidyer
10-08-2003, 3:55 PM
That's nice, but I don't want to have to get BitTorrent or something like that in order to get it from there.
 WadeV1589
10-08-2003, 5:05 PM
Got a problem with BT, huh, do ya, punk?

:p Had to do that ;) But really...what's wrong with BT? Small dload, helps you get files such as GTK...
Page: 1 of 1