Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Help for Gold in Beggar's Canyon.

Page: 1 of 1
 MEDman
04-18-2000, 9:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a hint on how to beat Wedge in Beggar's Canyon. I have finished the game and have the gold medal in all of the levels (even the Death Star Trench and Hoth), but so far, I have only been able to get the silver in the Canyon. Any hints you might have would be greatly appreciated,thanks.
 MEDman
04-19-2000, 12:52 AM
Never mind. I found the short cuts to skip part of the [difficult] course and beat Wedge. For those interested (and who might not know what I am talking about), there are several areas in the walls of the canyon on the hard side that are just slightly lower than the maximum height that you can fly to without being disqualified. If you go "out" of the canyon at these areas, you can skip over a few difficult turns and rejoin at another part of the course ahead of (or much closer to) Wedge.
 Sa Memax
04-20-2000, 10:19 PM
Or you can download Roguedit or use the cheat codes:
WIMPAMI
OOMPAWAMPA

I am not kidding.
 Imladil
04-21-2000, 6:19 AM
Or you can just shoot his punk a--hey! It ends the race on you when you shoot him down!

<font size=1>So why do they give you the gun, then...?</font>
 Sa Memax
04-22-2000, 5:36 AM
So you can try and shoot the little men to bits adn then blast them into oblivian.HEH HEH
 Imladil
04-22-2000, 6:56 AM
You know that little speeder that whips past the sandcrawler at the very beginning? I've got two hundred truguts that say you can't nail it!

http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)
 Sa Memax
04-26-2000, 4:48 AM
Oh Yeah.Ill bet I can do it.
 Imladil
04-26-2000, 6:17 AM
Well, unlike some of my outlandish suggestions, that one's actually possible. It took me a few tries, until I discovered that the trick is to get mad at the speeder...

"C'mere you little *bleep*! Why, I--! OOOOH! Just wait, you *bleep*-*bleep*ing son of a *bleep*"

"Skywalker--what are you doing?!?"

"Um...enforcing the speed limit?"

------------------
"Is the state of being realized as important as realizing the state of being?"
--Thrustweasel of Earth
 The Master
04-26-2000, 9:44 PM
And while blasting the speeder blast the sand crawler and house thing and all the rest of you oponents! Ya! That is more like it! Ha Ha, die Wedge and friends!
 Imladil
04-27-2000, 9:10 PM
<font size=i>And the dark side claims yet another hapless Jedi...mu-haw-haw-haw!</font>
 The Master
04-27-2000, 9:20 PM
.....Then you hop into a World Destroyer and destroy the planet!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
 The Master's Apprentice
05-02-2000, 7:36 PM
But what if you've already destroyed the World Devastators?
Page: 1 of 1