Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

1 year ago....

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
10-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Well, today marks my 1 year anniversary here at LF. You might think it'd be longer if you just looked at my post count, huh? :p Anyhow, this mod is the reason I registered at these boards and is now one of the 3 places I still visit, despite me not being able to play it any longer.

I still like to pop in, as you have noticed, every once in a while. My enthusiasm for it has gone way down since I first found the place. But the new update shows Anoat.

WOAH!

Looking good, looking good. Not only does the map's architecture and lighting look great, the textures are spectacular! Kudos to PerfectChaos (that was the original mapper, correct?), FatSpider, and all you texture artists ;)

Can't wait to see Orinackra! Even without being able to play, the hype of this mod has just been reborn as if it were last year :D
 The Count
10-05-2003, 11:22 PM
I was following the Mod way back in The Gaming Union; however I never joined the forums because I hate registering.
 The_One
10-06-2003, 3:02 PM
Seems the latest poll has brought back a few memories ;)
 CortoCG
10-06-2003, 4:25 PM
Right after releasing my first two models for JO, I found out that a mod team to reproduce this excellent game (Dark Forces) was forming up.
Now, after year of ups and downs, I still wanna finish the mod just for the pleasure of playing Dark Forces again with a nice engine such as the Q3A engine.
Eventhough I'm on the team, the only level I played around so far, was the demo's level, lol.
En fin.
 The_One
10-06-2003, 5:30 PM
Well, it hasn't been years...

The project was formed back in April (I think) of 2002. So it's been about 18 months of ups and downs ;)

The only founding members still on the team are Darth_Linux, MilesTeg, Infinity Blade and myself. I may have missed a couple - when did Salv turn up?

Anyway those founding members got some webspace and forums over at TGU, and we began to get going, working well as a team. We then decided to work towards a demo, and it was around this point that we realised TGU (Predominantly a Homeworld community) was not the best place for us. So we applied for hosting on JKII.net and a couple of months later turned up here, with some nice forums too! Then, on November 27th 2002 we unleashed our work so far on the JK/DF community. The rest, as they say, is history ;)

But just in case you have any concerns about the mod's progress, as the latest update states, keep your eyes peeled on the site for the next few weeks...
 firestorm225
10-07-2003, 12:16 AM
I'm still here, though I just lurk around the site and the boards most of the time lreading about the mod :) I'm still very excited with the mod, because I got started on PC gaming with Dark Forces.

I'm the guy that made the comparison page between the original game and your mod that you still have a link too in the Links section. Sadly, it's been down for a while because I've kind of abandoned my site and my host had a server move, but I still had the pics, so I'll bring it up again soon :)
 firestorm225
10-12-2003, 9:05 PM
Ok, I finally got the site back up here:

http://www.modzone.net/darkforces)
 CortoCG
10-13-2003, 12:17 AM
Heh, that is so cool!
 Katarn07
10-13-2003, 8:47 PM
I see more pictures have been added since the last time you had that floating about. Shows us just how lucky you are if you can play it! :D
 The_One
10-14-2003, 7:42 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I see more pictures have been added since the last time you had that floating about. Shows us just how lucky you are if you can play it! :D

Stop moaning :p

You don't need to mention "I can't play it" in every single post you make. We get the idea ;)
 The Count
10-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by The_One
Stop moaning :p

You don't need to mention "I can't play it" in every single post you make. We get the idea ;)

Thank you, that was really starting to piss me off.
Page: 1 of 1