Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is the command for a passworded server?

Page: 1 of 1
 jaycougar
10-05-2003, 7:03 PM
ANyone know it? I would like to make a small passworded server but dont know the commands. thanks
 jaycougar
10-06-2003, 6:02 AM
noone knows? come on please?
 Kurgan
10-06-2003, 6:41 AM
In your server.cfg file add the following line:

seta rconpassword "your password here"

You can add your IP to your favorites list in game and then click on it and click "password" there you can enter it so everytime you join your own dedicated server you won't have to enter it.

Of course, you can enter the password in game (after you've set it in the cfg file) by typing:

rconpassword <your password>

(in the console)

Then when you type commands in the console, just type \rcon before the command.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-06-2003, 7:23 AM
Actually, what I think he wants is to be able to lock the server with a password so only those with the password can enter the server. In that case you need two cvars in you server.cfg file:

seta g_needpass "1"
seta g_password "yourpassword"

This prevents anyone without the password from joining. If you just want to reserve a few slots with a password and leave the rest open to the public, then create "private clients" with:

seta sv_PrivateClients "n"
seta sv_PrivatePassword "anotherpassword"

where "n" is the number of reserved slots. These are subtracted from your total number of slots, and the rest are open to the public. Of course, "yourpassword" and "anotherpassword" are replaced with passwords that you make up.
 jaycougar
10-06-2003, 3:41 PM
thank u sooo much I needed that. I really needed to lock one of my servers.
Page: 1 of 1