Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Special BIND

Page: 1 of 1
 IljaBlu
10-05-2003, 9:18 AM
Hi all! I would like to know what bind it is, that makes in the jampconfig.cfg with only one button the change of the name, model, char, sabercolor and perhaps does a say command! Does anybody know how that works? I tried with bind T "name XXXX" "model XXXX".... but looks like that does not work...
 King Jezuz Pie
10-05-2003, 9:50 AM
bind key "name xxx; model xxx; say blabla etc"
 IljaBlu
10-05-2003, 10:05 AM
It worked! Thank you very much!
But do anyone also know, if there is a way to write in orange or in more colors? I mean orange was in JO, not in JA!
 •-BLaCKouT-•
10-05-2003, 10:17 AM
I was trying the same thin for Jedi Outcast and I found the easiest way was to script it. I assume it will work in JA, but I haven't tried it so it may need tweaking.

First, create a text file with this in:

model reborn/fencer
color1 3
set name your name here

once you've saved the file, manually re-name it to namechange.cfg
(you can change the red bits above to your own settings, obviously)

the saber colour list is:
"color1 0" red
"color1 1" orange
"color1 2" yellow
"color1 3" green
"color1 4" blue
"color1 5" purple

So, from that file you get the green reborn, with a green saber, and a name change to whatever you want. Don't forget you can change your name colours by inserting ^2 or whichever colour you want.

The Text Color list for JO is:
^ (Shift+6) then:
1 = Red
2 = Green
3 = Yellow
4 = Blue
5 = Turquoise
6 = Purple
7 = White
8 = Black
9 = Red
0 = Black

Next up, bring down the console in-game and enter:
\bind s exec namechange.cfg
Where s is the key you want to use.

And that's about it! You can set up as many different ones as you want (if you've got the spare keys ;) ) so you can change 'identity' instantly.
Like I said, it may need tweaking for JA, but have a play with it. Once the bind's set, all you've got to change is the .cfg file.

Hope this helps,
B.
Page: 1 of 1