Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

a couple questions... (hosting server questions)

Page: 1 of 1
 TJ Ktulu
10-05-2003, 3:29 AM
hi, this is my first time on these boards...

anyways... ive got 2 questions that i hope someone can help me with. they're a bit technical...

1) are there any services that are hosting JK3 multiplayer (like what MSN Zone did for JK2) or is it just run through the browser in the game itself?

2) im having problems getting a list of servers... ive been able to do it before, but it just doesnt show up anymore when i hit "get new list", anyone have any idea why? (i have it set to search for JK3 only, internet, any game type) am i missing a patch or something or is it just my computer that's decided to be its usual POS self?
 razorace
10-05-2003, 3:56 AM
Apparently there's some major issues with the master server not listing most of the servers.

They are working on a patch.
 StormHammer
10-05-2003, 7:11 AM
A utility called All Seeing Eye is good for tracking down servers for all your MP games, including Jedi Academy. I find it more useful, because it lists a lot more servers to play in. ;)
 Kurgan
10-05-2003, 7:59 AM
Yeah, I didnt' think it was a problem, but lately my server hasn't been showing up in the list (so people tell me) despite it clearly being up and joinable through the IP (see my sig below).

So hopefully that will get fixed. Theoretically they wouldn't have to patch the game itself though, only the server utility (like they released a new Linux binary for the dedicated server).

Anyway, hope it gets straightened out.

You can view the Server Help sticky thread here or in the tech help forum, that will help you with most of the other problems though.
 TJ Ktulu
10-05-2003, 4:05 PM
thanks for your help :)

um... about that all seeing eye thinggy... i tried to download that, then it comes up saying that it cant connect to the server to download it from.

seems like someone doesnt want me playing JK3 online :(
 Luc Solar
10-05-2003, 4:54 PM
Did anyone mention that The All-Seeing Eye is a Finnish app? You know; like Nokia...Finnish. Nokia also makes excellent rubber boots, you should try 'em sometime. :)

Download the ASE here: http://www.udpsoft.com/eye2/index.html)
Page: 1 of 1