Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Please help, possible bug!

Page: 1 of 1
 Usurpo
10-04-2003, 7:22 PM
When I go to devmap a map I mad, using both JO and JA, it gives me an error saying:

Error: CM_LoadMap: maps/firstmap.bsp jas wrong version number (1935764579 should be 1)

I tried changed the format to a .map instead of the .bsp, but nothing works! Why is this happening? Please reply!
 Usurpo
10-04-2003, 8:39 PM
BuMp goes :mauls: when he fights :wan:
 Usurpo
10-04-2003, 9:33 PM
*Fires a :deathii: and makes everyone go bump*
 Usurpo
10-04-2003, 10:23 PM
*puts :c3po: 's head on a :bdroid1: 's body to make the C3PO-Battle-Droid, which in-turn fires its gun and makes us all go bump*

Come on, 30 some views and no comment? Come on, I NEED HELP!
 TK-8252
10-04-2003, 10:27 PM
You can't expect help just within a few hours! And making bump spam doesn't help. If no one knows, no one answers. That's how things work around here.
 Usurpo
10-04-2003, 10:36 PM
:eek: Eh, sorry...I just saw so many people on the message boards, so I figured SOMEONE could help me...but eh, thanks anyways...I guess...*goes off to cry in a corner*
 idontlikegeorge
10-04-2003, 10:53 PM
How did you "change the format to a .map instead of the .bsp"?

Also, this should go into one of the mapping forums, or maybe the General Editing forum.
 Usurpo
10-04-2003, 11:01 PM
I used the 'explore' option. RIght click on your 'start' menue, down in the lower left hand cornet. One fo the options is 'explore'. Click it, and go to whatever you want to view, or in the case, re-name. Simply right click on it, hit rename, and change the 3 letters after the dot. For example...eh, forget it. But yea, this is probably where is should go...thanks alot.
 thelastaod
10-05-2003, 1:35 AM
ok...

first of all, you need to compile the map in jk2 radiant or gtkradiant, they both work, because jo maps are instantly playable in jka. now, after you compile, it will give you a bsp. thats the map. renaming the .map file wont do anything, read the manual for jk2/gtk radiant
 Andy867
10-05-2003, 3:53 AM
Oh, and this is just a "courtesy" warning to not flood posts to bump them up to the top. If people cannot help, how are they supposed to post without spamming themself. So please refrain from excessive posting.
Page: 1 of 1