Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More recognition for Grim Fandango!

Page: 1 of 1
 Lemon Head
10-04-2003, 3:33 PM
This is sort of a follow up from the Gamespot topic but i felt it deserved a whole new thread.

Grim Fandago got name 7th in GameSpy's 25 most under-rated games of all time. Check it out here (http://www.gamespy.com/articles/september03/25underrated/index20.shtml).

Every time I read something about how good GF is it just makes my heart sing. At the moment it's probably my favourite game of any genre.
 GendoTheGreat
10-04-2003, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
Every time I read something about how good GF is it just makes my heart sing.

I'm with you there. It's a great feeling when when a thing of beauty (and in this case, true genius) recieves the recognition it deserves.
 Bushmeister
10-04-2003, 5:42 PM
Thank God for that. GF deserves a lot more recognition that it gets, although I am quite happy that PCGamer always puts it in its Top Ten Games list.
 Lemon Head
10-04-2003, 6:01 PM
So does PC Zone.

Try reading the whole article, it's astonishing how many ace games were completely overlooked. God it makes my blood boil when I think about how immature the whole medium is at the moment.

We've got a long way to go still, but i think games like Grim Fandango are milestones to mark the way.
 pleto4_ryan
10-05-2003, 3:55 PM
Everytime i see Grim getting such good words from known sites, magazines etc my heart gets so happy...as if grim was my creation...

i know i am crazy :p
 Dawidos
10-06-2003, 2:03 PM
It's normal. I like reading positive reviews about film, which I like. And I also like reading about Grim Fandango : positive opinions, artickles, textes, rankings etc

:)
 Tall Guy
10-06-2003, 4:48 PM
gf seems to be jumping up all over the place and getting all these 'award' type things lately.
 Kejero
10-06-2003, 6:02 PM
Come to think of it... Has anyone ever read something bad about Grim Fandango...?

"Immature", I couldn't agree more on that word and subject, Mr Lemon
 MeddlingMonk
10-07-2003, 1:51 AM
Every couple of months, it seems, someone over at the Adventure Gamers forum declares that GF's interface 'sucks' and that 'no one' likes it (the interface, that is). That immediately provokes multiple rebuttles. Then it all dies down until it starts up again with the same players on each side of the fence.
 Lemon Head
10-07-2003, 6:18 PM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk
Every couple of months, it seems, someone over at the Adventure Gamers forum declares that GF's interface 'sucks' and that 'no one' likes it (the interface, that is). That immediately provokes multiple rebuttles. Then it all dies down until it starts up again with the same players on each side of the fence.
Then, quite frankly, i'll have to rate the offending poster's intelligence along side that of...say...an average sized bedside lamp.
 Sally J Limones
10-07-2003, 11:27 PM
:) @ Lemon. Yep.
~Sal
Page: 1 of 1