Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wall Grab and CLINGing?

Page: 1 of 1
 Butt_Whisper
10-04-2003, 2:44 PM
This might be a kinda newb question, but i was wondering how in the world do you jump to a wall and cling there like a fly? I can jump to a wall and cling there for about 2 seconds, then jump away from the wall. I have seen people jump and cling to a wall for as long as they want, and even have been able to do it once, in about 1000 tries, and it was only in a certain server.
 Igor_Cavkov
10-04-2003, 3:06 PM
hmm no i dont know ,..i my self have been hanging on like you said for a short time ,..hmm any ides? maybe that wasnt a pure server you played on?
 JoeyJoJoShabado
10-04-2003, 3:28 PM
They might have had debugmelee on or something, not sure. But are you saying, they could do it, while you couldnt. If so, No idea. :o
 King Jezuz Pie
10-04-2003, 3:51 PM
Sorry to abuse your thread Butt_Whisper, but has anyone ever ran up a wall? I never used it throughout the whole game... is there any use in this move or is it just for the looks?
 Scoundrel
10-04-2003, 3:55 PM
I suppose that they used iknowkungfu command.
 Agen
10-04-2003, 4:01 PM
I found wall running them flipping back quite far, most people will anticipate where you will land, go straight into a kata and surprise them. Doesn't get them more than once though :p
 mariners2001
10-04-2003, 4:20 PM
yeah i was on a server last night that had g_debugmelee 1 on. this allows you to cling to walls as long as you want.
 Jackel
10-05-2003, 12:23 AM
i can cling tot he wall for aslong as i want , i just hold down the space bar and i stick there , no real trick about it
 Butt_Whisper
10-05-2003, 3:02 AM
Thx for the info. I think it's the debug mode thing, because I have tried countless times in my LAN server and never got it. Everyone was able to do it in the server i was in. I have used the wall runs to escape, and also dive in on a group of enemy's in FFA, but like the one guy said, it mostly just makes you an easy target for peeps ( i have played against peeps who were good at the acrobatic styles and they were tough to fight)
 Ardent
10-05-2003, 3:38 AM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
I found wall running them flipping back quite far, most people will anticipate where you will land, go straight into a kata and surprise them. Doesn't get them more than once though :p

Don't bet on that...and a skilled acrobat can use the wallrun to setup a cling-hop into an inpredictable position. Acrobatics add a whole different level of fighting if you're looking for ways to capitalize. As is so cliched: keeping your head down will keep you ahead. ;)
Page: 1 of 1