Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Christmas Gifts

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
10-04-2003, 1:01 PM
OK, it's October, but this is when that FAO Catalogue arrives and you usually point out: I want this, need that, and can't go on in life without one of these....

Well, this year's sucked. The only SW stuff I saw was the AotC chess set, Jabba's Palace Lego Playset, and the new MR F/X Lightsabers.

I got what I want for Christmas planned though, so post here as you add to that list ;)

Mine:

Collecting
AotC Chess set
(oh, more is to come. These usually come from my parents seeing they cost more. I'll flip through a Brian's and pick out some old stuff I may need like Endor playset if nothing new comes)

non-Collecting
Indiana Jones Trilogy DVD
Matrix DVD
Matrix Reloaded DVD
LotR: Fellowship of the Ring DVD
LotR: The Two Towers DVD
(3 sisters each with 50 some dollars for each person, one gets the Indy set, another the two Matrix films, and the third the LotR ones :D)

I'll add onto the list as I find more stuff and may end up replacing others. I don't have enough money to get all those DVDs and video games and books I may have my eye on. (Jedi Academy XBOX, GTA: Vice City XBOX, NEW Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, Jedi Shadow, Jedi Sunrise.... So overwhelming!)
 swphreak
10-04-2003, 5:25 PM
1) Money
2) Money
3) Money
4) Money
5) Money

oh and, Money.

I've discovered that I get more for just plain money, and then I just go out and buy them :p
 ZBomber
10-04-2003, 5:30 PM
Collecting
A Master Replica
Boba Carcoon
And Obiously, all the other figs.

non-Collecting
The Sims: mkaing Magic
The SIms 2
Mario Golf
Also, I really want an XBox, and if I get like 1000 dollars, I mgiht buy one :p
 Katarn07
10-04-2003, 5:34 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
1) Money
2) Money
3) Money
4) Money
5) Money

oh and, Money.

I've discovered that I get more for just plain money, and then I just go out and buy them :p

I know you got a sister, but I got 3. I dunno how that'd work out in gift/ cash quantities.

I find when you get cash as a gift, you actually get more through gift form. I'd get 200 through cash, but you see, if I get it through collectibles, it could be up to 300 :eek: That's because my dad wants the stuff too and uses the holiday to stock up since my mom hates my room and basement :D

And, Z? Wait for the XBOX 2 if you get 1000 dollars ;)
 ZBomber
10-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
I know you got a sister, but I got 3. I dunno how that'd work out in gift/ cash quantities.

I find when you get cash as a gift, you actually get more through gift form. I'd get 200 through cash, but you see, if I get it through collectibles, it could be up to 300 :eek: That's because my dad wants the stuff too and uses the holiday to stock up since my mom hates my room and basement :D

And, Z? Wait for the XBOX 2 if you get 1000 dollars ;)

The only way I'll get 1000 bucks is if I save up for 2 years, and for me, thats impossible :p

I could get an XBox, seeing as there isn't much else that I really want.... But I'll probably get more games for the cube and PC isntead... I dunno. Andrew will probably get an XBox, so I think I won't. ;)
 daring dueler
10-05-2003, 4:26 PM
i know im getting alot of star wars stuff, and i am gonna get another master replica f/x, probly luke jedi for 140$

im gonna buy an xbox later......

and as for other stuff, probly the new essential ti vessels, and a fee cd's , and movies, matrix ect...
 ZBomber
10-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by daring dueler
i know im getting alot of star wars stuff, and i am gonna get another master replica f/x, probly luke jedi for 140$

im gonna buy an xbox later......

and as for other stuff, probly the new essential ti vessels, and a fee cd's , and movies, matrix ect...

Yeh, October 18 is when Reloaded comes to DVD. If I don't have it before Chrostmas, well.... you know.... ;)
 daring dueler
10-06-2003, 7:09 PM
yeh, you should buy the first.
 Dawidos
11-01-2003, 8:33 AM
Star Wars gifts for Christmas. Hmm, I remember that I have got two books, one Jabbas Palace booster and game : Star Wars Episode I : The Phantom Menace. On this Christmas I want to get Tropico 2 and probably something with Star Wars example - books or booster.
 Katarn07
11-01-2003, 1:16 PM
OK, as you may or may not know, I got the Indy Trilogy the day it came out and am gonna finish it off today with Last Crusade and the making of it.

That means I can add 007: Everything or Nothing and Jedi Academy to my list.

Now, onto SW:

Red ARC Trooper if one is not found in the store.
 daring dueler
11-02-2003, 3:43 PM
yeah i need that red arc!

new 007 game eh??
 GUNNER
12-01-2003, 10:09 AM
The new Lego land speeder. :cool:
 ZBomber
12-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by GUNNER
The new Lego land speeder. :cool:

How much different is it from the original? Just curious. :)
 Katarn07
12-02-2003, 12:02 AM
ALOT different. Retail price is 200 dollars and it is a scaled model and not a toy. I have the Lego X-Wing like that half completed under my bed. It was SUPER reduced.
 daring dueler
12-02-2003, 8:31 PM
i got some legos, i want to get the big tie fightor.....looks cool.

btw, i am getting star wars for xmas, the newest ill get-
-elan sleazbagano
-obi night club
-avvy vidad(sp?)
 Katarn07
12-08-2004, 2:00 PM
I thought we had a thread for this year. Oh well, here's my Xmas list for this year. Post yours:

Collecting-
Star Wars Minis Rebel Storm Boosters
Star Wars Minis Clone Strike Fringe Singles
Stewie Action Figure

Games (XBOX)-
Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Halo (maybe)
Halo 2 (maybe)

(GBA)
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis
Final Fantasy I & II - Dawn of Souls

DVDs-
Seinfeld Volume 1 & 2
LotR Trilogy Extended Editions (never got any LotR movie last year in any shape of form :confused: )
Bourne Identity (maybe)
Bourne Supremacy (maybe)

Probably will get the Halo games and Bourne movies if I can't find enough GBA games I want. I really would prefer some RPGs of some sort (the newest red Pokemon, Zelda, Golden Sun, etc)
 ZBomber
12-09-2004, 2:26 PM
I already bought al my Christmas stuff:

The whole Convention thread for collecting

MUSIC:
Aerosmith (Got already)
Aerosmith - You Gotta Move DVD (Bought, saving til Christmas day)
AC/DC - High Voltage (Got)
AC/DC - If You Want Blood (Bought today, saving til Christmas day)
Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction (Got)
Guns 'N' Roses - Use Your Illusion I (Want)
Guns 'N' Roses - Spaghetti Incident? (Want)
AC/DC - Highway to Hell (Want)
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Want)
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock (Want)
Van Halen (Want)

GAMES:
Tony Hawl Underground II (Bought today, saving til Christmas day)
Metroid Prime II: Echoes (Bought today, saving til Christmas day)
Halo for PC (Want)
True Streets OF LA (Saw it for 20 dollars, might get it)

I only have 80 dollars left, so thats where I have a problem. Any ideas for what I should buy?

Actually, gotta buy my mom something still.
 Katarn07
12-09-2004, 7:11 PM
Gifts to buy for people? I always get something I know they and I will both enjoy.

I know this is a bit off topic, but what the hell.

Dad - Dr. No and Goldfinger DVDs (Thunderball was way too much :()

Mom - nothing yet, probably will get her some Beatles or Simon and Garfunkel CDs

Oldest Sister - Spider Man 2

Other Older Sister - That new Nirvana Boxset

Little Sister - Old School ports for the GBA (Mario and Donkey Kong Country games)
 ZBomber
12-10-2004, 3:39 PM
I'm gonna burn my math teacher a GNR CD. :dozey: lol, she basically stole the CD form me! :eek:
 90SK
12-11-2004, 11:09 AM
I asked for a bunch of random stuff, including those vintage SW figures that are seemingly impossible to find. I have a Obi-Wan figure and a Darth Vader figure, both of which are missing limbs/ a head (in Vaders case :( ). I've also had to replace the original sabers with colored toothpicks, which (IMO) work much better.;)
 ZBomber
12-11-2004, 11:54 AM
What figures in paticular? Blue Snaggletooth I'm guessing is one of them?
 Revan Solo
12-12-2004, 2:27 AM
OK, it's October, but this is when that FAO Catalogue arrives and you usually point out: I want this, need that, and can't go on in life without one of these....

Well, this year's sucked. The only SW stuff I saw was the AotC chess set, Jabba's Palace Lego Playset, and the new MR F/X Lightsabers.

I got what I want for Christmas planned though, so post here as you add to that list ;)

Mine:

Collecting
AotC Chess set
(oh, more is to come. These usually come from my parents seeing they cost more. I'll flip through a Brian's and pick out some old stuff I may need like Endor playset if nothing new comes)

non-Collecting
Indiana Jones Trilogy DVD
Matrix DVD
Matrix Reloaded DVD
LotR: Fellowship of the Ring DVD
LotR: The Two Towers DVD
(3 sisters each with 50 some dollars for each person, one gets the Indy set, another the two Matrix films, and the third the LotR ones :D)

I'll add onto the list as I find more stuff and may end up replacing others. I don't have enough money to get all those DVDs and video games and books I may have my eye on. (Jedi Academy XBOX, GTA: Vice City XBOX, NEW Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, Jedi Shadow, Jedi Sunrise.... So overwhelming!) Sorry, it is December!:p
 ZBomber
12-12-2004, 4:05 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
Sorry, it is December!:p

Please..... just..... go........ :disaprove
 Katarn07
12-12-2004, 6:23 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
Please..... just..... go........ :disaprove

lol :p

Check the date of that post DJ8. It's from 2003. This is a major bump ;)
 ZBomber
12-12-2004, 3:19 PM
I got my mom a freakin nice MP3 Player. NOMAD Jukebox Zen Xtra, 40 gig. :)
 Revan Solo
12-13-2004, 7:57 AM
lol :p

Check the date of that post DJ8. It's from 2003. This is a major bump ;) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :D
 El Sitherino
12-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Revan Solo, stop spamming. Consider yourself warned. *goes to notify a super mod, or local mod*
 90SK
12-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
What figures in paticular? Blue Snaggletooth I'm guessing is one of them?

Mostly ones with lightsabers, like Vader, Luke (ANH and ESB) and Obi-Wan because...well...

I just totally got addicted to the toothpick sabers! They work so well! And you can put in your own color and everything!

:sweat:
 Katarn07
12-13-2004, 12:01 PM
ESB Luke doesn't have a saber that goes into his arm. It's a seperate thing as is Jedi Luke.

Vintage guys aren't hard to come by in crummy condition for reasonable prices. Hell, I found some good ones for 4.50 a pop and got around 30 of those and then got around 10 high end ones for about 10-15 each.

I played with the 4.50 ones before Kenner came out with the PotF2 line in '95 so I have some fond memories of them, but don't collect them at all. I have them all on display and wouldn't ever sell them for new stuff but have no desire to get any more.
 ZBomber
12-13-2004, 12:06 PM
I found a few vintage guys at the convention for 3.50-10. I think there were a few sabers there, probably not in that great of condition though.

I have 30 dollars left for Christmas money. i think I'll just buy Halo and that's it :)
 ZBomber
12-23-2004, 8:09 AM
Got Halo, it owns. :) And that's it, now I probably have a few thinsg for Christmas Day I dson't know about. :)
 Katarn07
12-29-2004, 6:26 AM
I thought we had a thread for this year. Oh well, here's my Xmas list for this year. Post yours:

Collecting-
Star Wars Minis Clone Strike Fringe Singles
Stewie Action Figure

Games (XBOX)-
Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

(GBA)
Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis
Final Fantasy I & II - Dawn of Souls

DVDs-
Seinfeld Volume 1 & 2
LotR Trilogy Extended Editions

That's what I all got, but my XBOX doesn't work atm. It's been locking up since around Thanksgiving and Best Buy has yet to do anything about it :mad:

Seinfeld is the best so far. I haven't watched any LotR yet.
Page: 1 of 1