Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Use/Force Powers to Trigger Doors etc. in MP- JK3

Page: 1 of 1
 jsera
10-03-2003, 3:26 PM
I am unclear on how you would trigger a door using force powers.
Perhaps I am confused tho.
Can you use / force pull(push) a trigger in multiplayer?

_____
I have created a trigger multiple with a target of my door. And set the use_button flag.

However when I load the map in multiplayer mode, it is triggered by proximity to the trigger and not the use button. (ie. the door opens when you walk up to the trigger)
_____
To use force powers to trigger doors, would you need to use scripting? And scripting is not available for multiplayer?

Someone set me straight please. I have done a lot of searching, but I may be looking in the wrong places.

Thank you,
J.Sera
 Wa'es
10-04-2003, 4:43 PM
Siege maps can have Force Push triggered switches/buttons. (i.e. Korriban)

That requires scripting using the BehavEd.exe that was released in the JK2 Tools 2. (http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=951)
 GothiX
10-04-2003, 5:01 PM
No, that's ICARUS you mean. And JA supports a new version - ICARUS II. As well, ICARUS II works with .icarus filetypes, I suggest you wait for the new tools to come out.
 jsera
10-04-2003, 6:07 PM
Thanks I appreciate the info.

J.Sera
 jsera
10-06-2003, 4:44 PM
Allright. Actually you can use force powers with out scripting.

I found a tutorial for using a func_static in conjunction with a door and a func_usable to open a door using force powers.

http://massassi.net/tutorials/jo_switchdoor/) (Thanks for the tutorials!!!!)

To save confusion. If you have to set the spawnflags manually;
spawnflags 1 (force push)
spawnflags 2 (force pull)
spawnflags 4 (use) *i think havent tried this yet

(spawnflags are additive. ie. spawnflags 7 is a switch that accepts use, push, and pull)

If I am wrong please set me straight.

Thanks for the help.
J.Sera
 Wa'es
10-06-2003, 6:01 PM
JA supports a new version - ICARUS II. As well, ICARUS II works with .icarus filetypes, I suggest you wait for the new tools to come out.

Sheesh, glad to know about that. I am indeed going to wait for the new Modding SDK to be released before going any further with game event scripting.

SIDE NOTE: BehavEd.exe is the ICARUS script editing program released for JO. In fact, the same program is included in the GTKRadiant installation package. Of course, you can't edit the binary files using BehavEd, but you can open the single player scripts included with version 2 of the JO Editing Tools.
Page: 1 of 1