Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

!update 4 jedi academy

Page: 1 of 1
 Raanes
10-03-2003, 11:40 AM
when will the update for jedi academy be coming? or has is a already arrivde
 Pedro The Hutt
10-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Update? Why would you want an update? It's brilliant as it is.
Unless ofcourse you mean expansion pack, heck, I'm up for an expansion pack, but first I'm going to replay through it a few more times, get everything out of the game XD
 Kusanavi
10-03-2003, 12:06 PM
I think none of us knows that. (at the post above...they need to fix stuff like butterfly staff 1 hit kill bug -_-)
 Tsaya
10-03-2003, 12:37 PM
@Pedro: JA might be brilliant but it's far from being perfect. There are still bugs, crashes, missing features in options, lockups and some might list balancing issues. And that's stuff for an update - not for an expansion.
 Sivy
10-03-2003, 12:44 PM
hopefully with the patch they'll add some more customisations like clothes, hilts etc. and maybe a couple more maps. :)
 Troopr-Undr-Fir
10-03-2003, 1:44 PM
maybe also with the patch, they'll let you have a solo siege game with bots instead of having to play on the limited servers...if you're lucky enough that is. I mean it can't be that hard, because in UT the bots could play in the Assault mode prettyy well (i know, no contest to a person with a brain) but it was possible to put them in, I am deeply hoping they do this.
 Nemios
10-03-2003, 2:38 PM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
maybe also with the patch, they'll let you have a solo siege game with bots instead of having to play on the limited servers...if you're lucky enough that is. I mean it can't be that hard, because in UT the bots could play in the Assault mode prettyy well (i know, no contest to a person with a brain) but it was possible to put them in, I am deeply hoping they do this.

I hope this too. This is one of the two reasons I still haven't bought this game. The other one is the lack of first person lightsaber...
 Sam Fisher
10-03-2003, 3:08 PM
Originally posted by Kusanavi
I think none of us knows that. (at the post above...they need to fix stuff like butterfly staff 1 hit kill bug -_-)

Bug? Which move?
 emperorshand
10-03-2003, 3:17 PM
in MP, it seems for certain charcter models that one kick will take all HP
 StormHammer
10-03-2003, 3:51 PM
Er...let's put this into perspective.

A patch should be released to fix obvious 'bugs' and 'errors' with the game - nothing more.

If you want extra stuff for customisation, bots in Siege, and who knows what else, then that should be released as a 'bonus pack', in a similar way they release extra maps and features for Unreal Tournament.

An Expansion pack should have provide either an extra SP story, and/or a lot more MP levels to mess around in.

My point is that there are orders of magnitude here, with an Expansion pack obviously being a larger and more detailed undertaking.

So the first thing that should be released is a patch that addresses all of the bugs in the game. Some people still can't even play either SP or MP because the game won't even load for them. I'd say fixing the bugs was kind of a priority - all the other stuff people ask for should be a secondary consideration at best...
Page: 1 of 1