Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Defining a hero...

Page: 1 of 1
 Jennifer Jones
02-18-2001, 7:22 AM
Are these the words of an outlier, a nut, or are they a test of your ability to overlook appearances and read between the lines?

A sample time line was posted, indicating that Indiana Jones would promise to marry... and then bail out...

Is that a hero?... If Jones is to be tested, is he to be the failure or the hero?

Remember the movie "Working Girl"... remember how the great idea is formed... a linkage of many "unrelated" events... that manifest in the mind of one individual... producing something great... is that not "the force" at work?... These are a few ideas... but the best have been saved... they are too close to home to bring to light...

When the Catholic church keeps the Gospel of Thomas from the masses... when the masses are pitted against each other, one religion against the other... are they feeding their own ego or leading the masses to God?

Is G. Lucas really ready to give us something grand... or continue with something as equally "off" the path as the Catholic Church?... Is it not time to give the reward to those that have followed him in his vision... in his imagination...

What about if Indiana has an ULTIMATE test and realizes that what is real is not what APPEARS to be real... what about if he must ignore all that appears to be right and finds someone that he would be forever on a treasure hunt with?... Just as the lilly comes from the mud... she is in the middle of mud... always... she is not the rose, cut in the vase, for all to see as beautiful... She is the water lilly... Let's call her Jade...

In everyday terms...she would have buddah-like qualities... she would have no boundaries... she would be the pollyanna of pollyannas... she would have been born to be with him... she would need him to protect her as she would have an indestructable innocence, but her vibrations would attract those with evil intent that want to "own" her... She would be unique...

She would be the prize for never giving up... continuing the search... although he is not sure what he is searching for... he never settled.. never gave up looking for what he is searching for... she is in his blood... he would know that it was not Miriam...if he saw it... he would feel like he was hit by a truck and nothing from before that moment would ever be the same... Miriam was closest to any physical relationship... but when he meets "her"... nothing would be the same again...

He deserves to find the key... to still have those 8 kids like his friend in Egypt... Suppose Indiana is turning 50 in the movie... and there is a party planned.... just what any 50 year old, back from war, realizing that he needs reading glasses, (asks why they changed books to smaller print... not changed and hand indiana his father's reading glasses- those 1/2 kind...) he would NOT want a party to remind him that he is getting old and has no idea really what he is looking for...

Suppose there is a conflict... a woman that is EGO, perhaps new "owner" of the university shares...(need a name, Cruella like)... As Marcus sold the shares to the bank to finance the new lab for Indi... She has corrupt motives, ties to the bank, has been waiting for Indiana (really to get the rest of the University from Indiana when Marcus "goes")... gets Indiana now out of war, without sleep, after hit by the truck, and at a weak moment to agree to marry... (Ask a man anything in a G string, answer can only be "yes"... especially after years at war... She is pretending to wait for marriage to give him the goods... and he is needing some goods... in reality, she is sleeping with the banker...) There is a "welcome home" party planned that night... really for 50th birthday and announce her plot/plans to marry... Suppose then at the party, she announces their engagement... he is too weak from war to argue or embarrass her... She has money and prestige and looks.... all APPEARANCES.... and she will ALLOW him to go play on his mountain climbing during school breaks... the women and friends from the past, they would come.... and then suppose that Jade comes in to announce that she is leaving to take care of some family business... (she has received information about the find at Hag... Egypt... The Gospel of Thomas...).... As she enters the room to tell Indi's father that she will need to leave and will not be there to help as assistant teacher for the next few weeks... It is almost like Cinderella as Indiana sees her across the room... She is not dressed for the party but she is radiant... Indiana's Eyes light after talking smalll talk during this mess of a party...

At that time, Indiana's women from the last two movies... they talk and introduce, friend of Indiana, yes, Lost on mountain with him, advendture of a lifetime, one of those that once was enough... currently husband owns theatre on broadway... in shows there... (she found her path).... Miraim, Yes, he reminded me that for me, I was dorothy in the wizard of oz.. and for me, there is no place like a home... Opened brewery... bought out by husband... and take care of two little ones now...picket fence and dog...oh, and maid... (she found her path-stability)

They see Indiana... looks like he's finally been hooked... hard to believe it... must be all that time out to sea... what is he thinking?...

I don't think he's thinking... He must be numb from the neck up....

They listen to cruella admire herself on the stage type display to everyone... and her credits of work by x magazine....

"No, I'd say more like "cooked" than "hooked"

"Oh, wait a minute... take a look"... and they watch Indiana and Jade catch eyes...

I'd say he is thinking of going back out to sea...

Now, Indiana's father hates Cruella.. and Indiana is not about to listen to his father... Passive agressive... There are constant nudges/jabs...

Jade would be the key to the kingdom ... In today terms... she would pay off the machine guards at checkpoints outside Rangoon, despite martial law forbidding anyone leaving the city... she would love climbing the mountains in Java to rub herself in the hot sulfer that is in the rocks of the freezing waters, despite the leeches along the way... she would correct the professor in her college classes.... she would ignore anyone if he TOLD her what to do or acted irrationally... Indiana might find her roofing the house five months pregnant... renting a jackhammer to take out the driveway herself... and she would be voted class flirt... as she looks deep in everyone's soul...

she would be the mother to all animals... all insects... she would have plagues of locusts... or bats... or sharks... or ladybugs... have the strength of an ox but be as light as a feather... She is almost like a Dr. Doolittle... She would be the exception to every rule... not because she feels better than anyone.. but because she has a passion for life and feels like she is one with everyone and everything...

She needs him because he would understand what it is to be a person of passion....as he does for his search... he has never allowed that to pass into any relationship...she does for everything that she may focus on... She made a million before 30... so what... over 2.5 million could be stolen from her... without a sweat... she has her kryptonite though...threathen her with the life of those that she loves... just as Jones does... Just as the last episode.... the life of his father was in jeopardy... and he did what he would not have otherwise done...

Suppose they both go to India, he after that princess diamond, Kerala, her after the gospel of thomas, after they are both in Egypt.... he goes to save her as she is stuck in egypt... Jones sr sends him to get her out of trouble... and they both decide to go to kerala...

While they are together... he says away no good movies.. she tells him a movie he wants to see including the end... he says that he wants to figure it out himself...

she remembers everything...
she is aggrivating, lik the kid that knows the answers in class... every time... so she doesn't offer answers... she just "knows' things...

After egypt with ihis friend sala, who called jones sr first to announce that there was an american in jail there... is in on the adventures... Now can you imagine Indiana trying to do Yoga?... they are like brother an sisster... but the connections... they are like fire... at the end, Indiana says, can't believe that didn't find treasure, sala says (looking at her) are you sure about that my friend...

Now, miriam says "we never seeem to get a break"... she is the opposite... she sees everything as a break... she sees every attack or obstacle as just that much closer to the goal... one less hurdle to be up ahead...

so, when they are attacked... constantly... he says to her, what is it about you, we never seem to get a break, and she says, what makes you think that, we survived x , we escaped x, found water after daysx... she sees that they are always getting a break...

She makes him question everything... he helpes keep her grounded... she is innocent... think of marcus... she has courage unlike marcus... but she is innocent... remember the run, run,run...
he is sometimes oblivioius...

The end... he is going back to his wedding... they are on the train... it is raining.... a storm.. he has to leave without a treasure... he offers her the rock.... he is sorry that he has to leave her ...(she loves rocks)... she says that he should keep it... it is the treasure that he is seeking... and he says there are plenty of treasures to seek.... He still has not gotten it...

She said, How about a kiss goodbye... she knows that she has relatives coming... they "knew" they were coming visiting and she prepare for their arrival...

She says something, that basically what you search for is usually right in front of you... where you least expect it...

He is about to jump off the train... She reaches over as he is talking, catching him off guard, lightning... fire in the sky... it stops raining... she tastes his lip, they kiss... he can hardly breathe....

The rock in both their hands.... it splits... the diamond is inside... it was a ploy to send someone looking when it was in hidden in the stone itself...

She says... Now you have what you are searching for... a real treasure... you must hurry for your wedding... you must call yoru dad and tell him tha tyou are coming...

he was late for his wedding... running late... the people form the party wre there waiting.... the bride's true charachter exposed... Sr. is trying to send everyone home... She is yelling, You're not going anywhere, Jones is showing up... everyone waiting... perhaps he smartened up...

on the phone... Juniro.. hyou don't have to get married... you don't have to come... I dn't have to tell that it is you on the phone... Dad, I found the pea****.... (he yells to crowd... Junior found the pea****),,,, cheers, crowd yells..... Dad, I'm at the corner at the train and getting married (Repeated, He's at the corner, and the wedding's on.. quiet tones, "finally"...as in we can get out of here..)... Dad, you're not listening, I'm getting married today... (Junior, I know. You don't have to get married you know.l.. i can send everyoone home..) Dad, no, I am going to marry Jade... I know it... I am going to send you the pea**** and go after Jade now... I love you Dad... (as sr was trying to get him to see that Jade was right for him... was going to be his daughter after all...that sometimes father does know best...) When he goes back to her... how about me instead of a man... That is exactly what I need... during the trip, he would say that they are goint in a directoin and she would ignore him and already be going in her own direction... because he did not consult her... so he now says, where are we headed... and she says, I planned to go to(tibet maybe to work on her batteries for a homing device...) during the movie, she asks Indiana to help her with her visions... "where is x" "what is x"... Do you know where aRoswell is, I have relatives meeting me there soon... that is why she needs him... she needs him to translate into english... she gets messages... she is in this world, but not of it as most... (durning the wedding, he has relatives that he has never met, they are coming from scotland... distant cousins... generations ago.... at least they claim to be... she has said, most of her close relatives are gone....she has some far away.. but she is not sure where from... she has god with her... that is good enough for me... )
She is irritating yet lovable... she is never insulted... she does not take anything as an insult... she needs him to translate the world of people's motivatons to her when they are other than love.... she is happy with the rocks, sparrows, lambs... and cows... she needs him... just as mary needed joseph...

(next Indiana... she is pregnant... rosewll is her "relatives" coming...)

When Indiana left jade before she said, "you have your path... and any "man" would want to marry curella.... I don't need a man..." she is saying that she needs more than a regualar man... she needs a man that realizes that he has the power of god within...the ability to ignore the appearances and see the more...

Now.... her discoveries... she has seen what she is searching for mostly in visions... not anything tangible... during the plot... marcus has given indiana his jade... when he has a heart attack... reminds inidana to find his path... not to miss it.... he musters up courage to ask about grace... indiana says that she had nearly drowned.... that he didn't realize that marcus had been in love with her... didn't know to clear it up.... Indiana and Jade see they are the same.... as they find from belloch during the chase... belloch thought that grace was indiana's daughter... they realize that she is marcus's...

The Catholic Church removed the words of Thomas from the Bible... The words of Thomas is not worthy of our contemplation... but they think enough of his fingers to cut them off and keep them in a jar... just like in the movie Zorro... in Italy... I do not know this for fact... just know... George should understand this... just knowing things... One might be brought to know things just like on Close Encounters... just have them in their head... then be driven to understand them...

They have his finger... they treasure it... keep it in Italy... Stole it from him, he was murdered... living in the cave while in India... like Yoda... but keep us from the truth of his words... the Holy Grail truth... the saving blood... What about if Indiana is to find the "Mary"... what if Indiana figures out that "she" is the treasure... that he has a drive to find 'her' in his blood...

It has never been explained why belloch is after "whatever you have, i can take from you".... Let;s suppose that belloch thinks that Indiana took a woman from him.... and has never forgiven Indiana... but let's suppose that it was not Indiana, but Marcus that won the heart of the woman that belloch holds the grudge against Indiana...

Suppose marcus takes indiana (at 18) to Gillette Castle... in 1917, just as the castle is finished... Gillete is the reason that we believe Sherlock holmes has a cane and a cap... He had Einstein and others... hidden German's that discussed the evil in the world... did alchemy... often... They go and play on his train... discuss the discoveries... discuss the bomb.. the promises made and broken... the bomb was actually discovered in GERMANY and slipped out.. and further worked on her.. in reality... the Germans saved our butts from the nazis..... the germans have been made to be evil.. it is not true... IT was nazis... (Read Einstein's Idea's and Opinions)...

Suppose they go there and Gillette's cousin, Grace is also 18ish.. (in real life, grace died at age 23 years earlier, but this is fiction, right?...) Now she is a flirt, bright, etc... Belloch has been after her and she has been putting him off... She is in love with Marcus but it is difficult to read... she just loves life... and everything and every moment...

She spends the night with Marcus... He gives her a piece of Jade and a raw diamond... and has the matching piece of jade... He says that he will return the following week, that he would love to spend his life with her... It is instant love...

Belloch hears someone in her room... He goes to his room to get his gun.... but belloch thinks it is indiana in the room with her... not marcus...

By the time that he returns, Indiana has knocked on her door and asked her if she was ready for their morning walk by the lillies... She says that she will meet him there... As He leaves, belloch is sure that it was Indiana overnight...

She will not answer the door to him... she says that she is going down to the water, and is changing... again.. he thinks that Indiana just left after the night 'romp"...

She says that she is meeting Indiana by the water and cannot talk...

When she arrives at the water, belloch has been storming... approaches her, that he has been waiting years for her to become old enough to marry, he pulls out his family ring, and she laughs a bit... to ease this she thinks... that she has known him for years and he is like an old uncle or father to her but that is all, and tells him that she is not in love with him, and that she will marry someone else... she is sure that she is in love with the man of her dreams.... that she never let him believe that she had feelings for him... and will never consider him... as she ignores him and bends over to get the lillies... she is hit in the backof the head with a board... he must own her or nobody can.... Belloch fumes off...

Indiana comes along and sees her... he dives in and saves her... he gives her the breath of life... "Oh GOd, God, God... Please GOd..." Although Marcus is the father, Indiana has given her the breath of life...

Meanwhile, belloch approaches gillette, yelling that grace is in love with indiana and acting like a whore... Belloch will ruin Gillette.... Taunting old men with a whore... that she was keeping an old man on the line to take care of her and really in love with Indiana...... (Marcus is walking near the ledge putting the luggage in the car to leave and sees Indiana and Grace by the water... it looks like they are kissing... but he is saving her... Marcus has no faith.... no self confidence... influenced by
appearances.. thinks it is him that has been tricked... and Grace is just playing him)...

Remember he did not go after the ark "if I was just a few years younger, I would go after it myself".... Marcus is influenced by his ego... his appearances... He would not be with anyone again.. but he would not feel worthy of her real love...

Belloch storms off... Grace does not know what happened... Indiana promises not to tell about her accident.... they come up the hill, say that they decided to go for a morning swim, laughing... Marcus states for Indiana to go change... that they must get back to the university.... As Marcus has the hood of the car up, he asks Indiana, so, You are in love with Grace?... Indiana is amused,no, we are just playing...

Grace has no idea that Marcus thinks she was with Indiana... she is expecting him back, but since she does not physically know him well, she does not know that he really loves her... Because she is young and could have almost any man, Marcus thinks he does not measure up to really mean something to her... although he is sure of how he feels.. and will give up on women.... he does not have the confidence to call her or show up.. or confront Indiana with his feelings... he will just let his chance go... they were like lightning when they were alone together... it was clear that this was the love ofher life... and she his... but there were no "social" signs to validate the "known"...

Now... Indiana has given Grace the breath of life... She has been with Marcus... what if she was pregnant... died... and her child was given life by Indiana.... What if Belloch finds that Grace did not die... later.... He would HATE indiana... that Grace disappeared and oh... if he thought that Indiana stole his prized Grace?...
That would make sense that he is always after what Indiana has... what was yours is now mine...

If Marcus, the vegetarian from Connecticut, never knew that grace loved him,he would have too much pride to show up... or go back... or discuss it ever...

Now...
What about if it has started off in 1945 that Indiana has just arrived back from war... and is nearly hit by a truck... and then really hit by a truck... It looks like belloch speaking to a man in a truck... and then it nearly runs him over... As he gets up.. he is saying to himself, Belloch?... over and over... and then still not right, Jade runs into him, head to head.... he is knocked out... she realizes that he is not breathing, no heartbeat... she kisses his lip ever so gently... There are almost sparks... the electricity... "Oh, God. God. God... Please God..." whispers ... she can see he is opening his eyes.... she runs off...

Officially, Indiana and Jade have never met... Suppose that she has been helping his father and Marcus while Indiana has been gone... researching things she "knows" with their help...

What is great about men in black and BOnd?... The GADGETS.... ask any man about the number of kitchen gadgets verses the ones used... the american people.... have a love of gadgets...

SUppose upon return, Indiana is now exhausted from the trip, and has been hit and bleeding... walks into the school... and is bleeding.... His father says to him, Indiana, I have the perfect girl for you...

NOw his father is so excited to have found something for his son... to finally be there for him... he ignores that he is bleeding... his father sees through the physical.... ignores it... like a child...

Dad, I am bleeding here.. can you not see that... I am back from war and don't need a girl dad... I am grown up now...

ok, She is not a girl, she's been taking care of me while you were gone.. she's a woman... (breast hand marks)...

Dad, I was the next man once already Dad... (reverting to his kid status) That's like abc gum in school dad... I am an adult dad, and besides, I have Cruella waiting for me... ANd She is a Woman dad...

ah, yes, cruella... She is something all right but (marcus cuts in...seeing that they were headed for a head on) (going to be nasty)...

Marcus... Al---Right now, tonight is the inaugeration of the new x research and development wing of the university and you must be there Indiana...

Indiana is now distracted and wants to try out his new "play things"... He is looking over hisnew toys... As marcus has created a lab for Indiana to use.... the mummies can be xrayed etc....

Indiana is still putting ice on his head... Jade comes in... Indiana calls out for the lab assistant to move the mummy in the machine...(as marcus and Indy's father debate evolution... Talking about vestigal organs... about the prophecy... about the tie between egypt and the bible... about the tail indicated in the bible... about thousands of years for a change... Indiana has forgotten to turn off the xray... and for a flash... Indiana sees that she has a tail as she walks through... he shakes his head... thinking that he is seeing things...

Jade is introduced... weren't you here before I left... Don't I know you... now she just rammed in to him... Um... I look familiar to many people (she never lies, merely evades questions)... and although he just hit her head on... perhaps they were "meant" to meet.... perhaps there are no accidents... Oh.... I'm a bit off right now from the accident (takes off the ice)... She calmly says,
"Was it an accident?"... she means "there are no accidents..."... he takes it to mean, did he or someone do it on purpose...
Well, I thought hat I saw ...

He is talking and she is gone...on to something else... she was making a statment, a question for him, not for him to tell her... he sees himself talking to himself...

Jones sr. talks to marcus about how wonderful it is to have Jade around... grateful to hav indiana, wishes spent more time with wife... had a daughter... Marcus is glad that sr has allowed him to act as uncle to inidana... that with no children of his own... indiana surrogate son... regrets marcus, knew found key, right one, allowed pride to get in the way of persuing it... now too old.... pulls out piece of jade from drawer...

She is like a little sister to him... agrivatingly right.... she is constantly persued... Let's say she is 19 years younger than him... Going back to 1917... Indiana is 18... but her mother is in love with Marcus... but marcmso is her mother... her motherv aderli... chlitheshe she the saving blood to come... what if she is unlike anyone else... How about she has very specific bodily differences that are not noticable externally, but internally....

Let's say she has a tail.... her kundalini powers... let's say she has a working cecum...

I, not this body, but the words through this body, has an idea to pitch... The plot for two new Indiana movies...

It is said that when we fall off the path, God finds a way to have another provide the words that might lead us back on track... Lucas has the world listening... is it not yet time for him to give truth to the masses... to expand the minds of those listening and yearning for truth the opportunity for spiritual growth?...

1945... the bomb... the hiding of the Gospel of Thomas.... the find in Egypt... heading into the alien forces of 47 coming... what if "she" is already here... the forces... she might be diffrent like them just from an energy change on the day that she was born... or concieved... she is a "mutation"... what if we are all the same.. just adjustments... mutations... it is an energy change.. the mitochondria perhaps decide to make an alteration... to a pure soul...

Suppose she is in the lab and as they debate over the grail, she talks abut multiple meanings so never know if found all the anwers... as she watches the squirels...
What if onthe trail... to different ends... they discover many biblical references... that jones thought he solved....
but did not see mulitple meanings... her ribbed breasts... her tail... her cecum like a horse... her love for cows... Isis... the tie in of Kerala... kundalini... the pyramid of the spine... the snake standing on it's tail... her spine... in the mean time... her realization of mutation... of the bomb... of the power of evil in the hands of those that are blind...

The holy grail... the ark... is it not time to tell the masses that there are MANY answers to the puzzles?... like the chipmunk stores his nuts in MANY places... so if his treasures are found... the search is over... but the real treasure is somewhere else....... perhaps most will give up looking for the real treasures... has Lucas in having Indiana miss out on the opportunity to have a child in his life?... That is no hero... Marion to do that, keep him from a son, that is cruel...

Lucas must realize that his visions and imagination are gifts... his art... it is a release of the conscious and allowing the subconscious to flow... the universal mind to flow.... is he certain that he wants to have Indiana never find the real treasure that he seeks?.... Is it a reflection of him not finding the real treasure that he seeks? We must all create our reality... Will it to happen... internally and externally... take the leap of faith... willing to hang from our fingertips on a cliff... willing to give up all external... or all appearances...

What about letting Indiana finally find the real treasure... He is in his 50's and has been a good boy... what about a permanant fast forward adventure for him... what if she is the adventure that he seeks.. she is the treasure that he seeks... perhaps Indiana realizes that money and fame are a curse... not a blessing...

Email if interested in a proposal... spending time to develop a plot/script... sorry for mere tangents... think in tangents... outlier in almost every respect... as was bentov.... but capable of coherent thought if this is worthy of my time...

J. Thomas
 Jamison
02-21-2001, 10:55 PM
Indiana Jones needs a little variety every now and then, if you know what I mean. No marriage in his future I'm afraid.
 JR2000Z
03-02-2001, 10:56 PM
I heard he got married somewere but I forgot where I heard it from.
 Jamison
03-03-2001, 2:31 AM
I remember in one of the novels, it mentions that he used to have a wife but she died. For what that is worth, anyway...

Jamison
Page: 1 of 1