Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What exactly are the differences in the different game difficulties?

Page: 1 of 1
 Legal_My_Deagle
10-02-2003, 11:55 PM
i just beat the game in jedi knight mode with a saber staff and on the light side, so i was thinking that id try with dark side and jedi master...ive noticed that my life limit however is only 50 and i think my shield limit is only 75, so i was wondering if anybody could tell me or tell me where to find all the differences between the different difficulty settings? :confused:
 Semirhage
10-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I'm doing the same thing, going from Jedi Knight to Jedi Master (with the staff =]). I'm pretty sure that there aren't any differences in the difficulty levels, except 50 health and 50 shield. The little 'over-drain- thingy that used to let you bring your health up 25% more, it's still only 25%, or 62 HP.
I'd think Raven just decided not to make the bots too iritatingly unfair, or perhaps they just couldn't make them better without unfair advantages. Or maybe they didn't want to make us too good when we jumped un multiplayer. Who knows?

But, yeah, I reckon that there aren't any differences. The Reborn still go down just as easily, you just have to develop your evading skills more. =]
 Kidso
10-03-2003, 1:16 AM
Try this then, type in the code g_spskill 5 or higher.
 Kurgan
10-03-2003, 11:04 PM
I thought there were only 4 difficulty settings? (Padawan - Easy, Jedi - Medium, Jedi Knight - Difficult, Jedi Master - Very Difficult)

And the settings were like this:

0 - Padawan (default)
1 - Jedi
2 - Jedi Knight
3 - Jedi Master

With JM being exactly the same as JK (according to Mike Gummelt) except that you got 50 health and 50 shields maximum instead of 100.

I started playing on Jedi (1), but quickly switched to Jedi Knight (2) when I realized it was TOO easy.

ChangKhan (Mike) made a post listing all the differences in the difficulty modes (sorry I forget the thread) and pretty much everything got harder as you went up, except the difference between JK and JM.
 Neverhoodian
10-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Well, if I remember correctly, the higher the difficulty, the better the enemy's aim becomes, there's more enemies, you lose more health with hits, blaster bolts travel faster, and recharge stations and ammo pickups give less. Jedi Master is essentially the same as Jedi Knight, only you have less health.
 Fractal-Coffee
10-04-2003, 1:50 AM
You can get 100 Shield in Jedi Master. The booster packs only give you up to 50, but if you use the recharge stations it keeps going.

Unless that's a bug :)

But yeah, there's more enemies, and some enemies are different (eg, you have to beat on some cloaking guys instead of normal STs or something). Other than that I don't think there's much of a change.

Oh, and setting g_spskill to 5 just puts ALL of the enemies from each skill setting into the one game. So if one area on Padawan has two STs, Jedi has three, Jedi Knight has two and a commander and Jedi Master has three and a commander, you'll be up against twelve STs of varying skill.

That's how it worked in JK2 anyway, and so far it seems the same in JA. Horribly hard to do anything of course, but it's great fun :D
Page: 1 of 1