Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ydfa...

Page: 1 of 1
 DungeonShade
10-02-2003, 9:32 PM
OK, I've been playing a lot with single stance lately because I like the wide variety of moves and I'm familiar with it. However, I'm having probs with the DFAs.

Blue - ok, this one works well though sometimes it's deflected even though it shows it clearly going through them. Oh well.

Yellow - this is why I started the topic. Does it work differently? Because I have not once HURT let alone kill, someone with it. In JO I used it when an enemy was in front of me and I flipped over them and slashed their upper body in mid-air. How do you guys use it?

Red - ummm...yeah.... Haven't really bothered with it cause you're better off doing an overhead slash. Tips here would also be appreciated.

I think single is the best for duels but I haven't decided btw using single or staff in TFFA and CTF...
 Kurgan
10-02-2003, 10:24 PM
With saberdamagescale set to 2, I feel that all the saber stances and types are about equal. It really depends on the skill of the person using them and personal preference.

I tend to not think of each "stance" for each saber as a different weapon in its own right, more like just another set of moves for the one weapon. So I switch stances often depending on the situation that I feel its best suited for.

About the only noticable differences I have picked up so far in JA vs. JK2 1.04 is the lack of "flip kicks" (other than for the staff of course, which has different types of kicks) and the addition of the acrobatic moves (for example the wall walk is now a wall run, etc) and the new katas. Plus the fact that the "special moves" (yellow DFA, red DFA, blue Lunge) all use up force mana makes their use a little more limited and forces you to use them more strategically.

So people say the red DFA does less damage than it did before, but I never notice because I have saberdamage set to the "proper" levels that Raven recommends for optimum use. I admit, I use "2" even in duels, because I like quick fights, not long drawn out battles that take a hundred years. And if the people are both sufficiently skilled, it can still last a long time.
 NVShacker
10-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Drawn out duels ARE good....
But, when you have your saber through the guys torso and he just says Ow... The immersion is lost.
 DungeonShade
10-02-2003, 11:28 PM
Can you guys hit people with the YDFA though? I jump straight over them with the saber slashing down but it never hits them...
 Starfire13
10-02-2003, 11:52 PM
I tried out the YDFA in SP. It works for me. Not sure about MP, though.
 Vanor
10-03-2003, 2:07 PM
I've hit with the yellow DFA in MP.
Page: 1 of 1