Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why does everyone say there cant be a GF2

Page: 1 of 1
 Ryu_Prime
10-01-2003, 7:01 PM
Everyone keeps saying there would be no story
and they couldnt do anything with manny
SUUUUURE THEY COULD
I had some ideas
-Maybe something happens on the number 9,someone de rails it and manny must be sent back to get glottis,for he is the only one withenough knowledge to fix it
And he must travel al the way back to some of the original locations

Or maybe something happesn on the other side
Maybe manny gets recruited as a golden ticket investigator,he must travel throughout all new locations,searching for the TRUE ring leader of the fraud tockets

ANYTHING I JUST WANT ANOTHER GRIM:(
 Talya
10-01-2003, 8:18 PM
I refuse to make any more guesses about it. If it comes out, we'll know. I apologize for my comments about the cancellation of the sequels of several games, I was being very pessimistic, and I had gotten the info from a half-ass source. My say is, if someone says they're sure it's coming out and it doesn't, everyone'll be annoyed, and if everyone says they cancelled its' allegid production, and it comes out, we'll all be happy. Stating the obvious I know, but instead of guessing and writing things from half-baked sources, why don't we just be patient? Bah, that, or wait for some people we know can get some legitimate info. on the production, like the GFN webmasters perhaps?
Blah...I'm just tired of getting all depressed when random people say 'It's cancelled!' and all excited when other people say 'It'll be out next month!'
I can't take that much longer. :p

-Sunday-
 Tall Guy
10-02-2003, 9:34 AM
I think theres still a chance for GF but its gonna have to be good. there just isnt a market for adventure titles anymore.
 MeddlingMonk
10-03-2003, 5:55 AM
A lot of people don't want a sequel. Just like no one is begging for a sequel to Casablanca or Dr. Strangelove.

But actually there is a market for adventure games. In the past year or so I've bought more than I have for years: Syberia, Runaway, Post Mortem, Dark Fall. And Syberia and Runaway will have sequels, as will The Longest Journey. And next year should bring the new Sam and Max game. There have been plenty of adventure games in the last couple of years I haven't bought: Tony Tough, The Watchmaker, Stupid Invaders, a Law & Order game, and others. Compared to years from 1998 to 2000, this is a near flood of titles.
 Dawidos
10-03-2003, 7:22 PM
Sequel doesn't mean : worst. I have seen gallery from Syberia 2. This game may be better than part one. Also, I am waiting for The Longest Journey 2. I hope so, that Grim Fandango 2 will rise. Sequel or prequel, that doesn't matter. I want to see new Manny adventures.

Greetings
 Sally J Limones
10-04-2003, 2:30 PM
And who says it has to be Manny? There's lots of room to use other characters, say, maybe Eva or something like that.
~Sal
 Fett101
10-04-2003, 2:51 PM
After reading the novelization, it sounds like Eva would be perfect for a sequel.
 Lemon Head
10-04-2003, 3:29 PM
Personally, the view i have always taken and still do is theat there should be a GF sequel but that it shouldn't contain the main characters from the first one (maybe glottis as he was left behind).

I mean when you think about it, the land of the dead is a huge world that must be populated with millions upon millions of soulds who have tried to find happiness there without the 9th underworld.

When you think of the spectacular set pieces in GF, just think of what other amazing locations there must be to explore. The different cities, animals, phenomena, legends...

It makes me drool just thinking about it!
 Bushmeister
10-04-2003, 5:50 PM
The fact that it doesn't need a sequel + a Tim-less LEC means no GF2 for me.
I really would prefer to leave GF as it is.
 Dawidos
10-04-2003, 6:33 PM
Originally posted by Sally J Limones
And who says it has to be Manny? There's lots of room to use other characters, say, maybe Eva or something like that.
~Sal

Maybe, but Manny is Manny :). Grim Fandango associates with Manny. It is symbiosis.
 MeddlingMonk
10-04-2003, 9:54 PM
Originally posted by Sally J Limones
~Sal

Or maybe even a private detective. :D
 Anomonous Guy
10-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Yeah...
I often thought after completing the game that I wanted to carry on, to go through the tunnel with Manny... But then i knew we couldnt unless they made a sequel... it has been 5 years and still no sequel...
Well, we can hope that there will be one, or at least I hope there is, but considering that it probably wont have the same people working on it, it probably wont be the same as gf was... But still, I guess as long as it remained with the same atmosphere and kept a pretty similar interface, then it might be good to have a sequel :)
 amadeus
10-05-2003, 2:54 PM
If they came out with a new gf I would buy it and play it obviously, but leaving GF as it is might be a good idea. Once people carry through with making a new one, it has the possibility of hurting the old one. Plus, everyone would have to go through gf withdrawl again. Not fun.

I have voiced my opinons before about having a sequel based around the same idea as grim fandango, the religion and everything. I think it would be cool to base it in a different religion's underworld. Maybe a Dante's Inferno type of thing with hell, purgatory, and heaven. There's a lot of room for humor and a great storyline there. Personally, I just think they should leave the storyline and characters of the original gf alone.
Page: 1 of 1