Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Academy enters the sales charts ...

Page: 1 of 1
 txa1265
10-01-2003, 11:05 AM
... at #2.

Check the link here (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=17609) which says that for the week ending Sept 20th Jedi Academy was #2 in sales. Not bad, since the game was only out half of the week ...

Mike
 Sam Fisher
10-01-2003, 11:35 AM
No, that isn't bad. But I expected it to come out on top. Wait, I wasen't even thinking about that at any time...

But #2, that's good.
 StormHammer
10-01-2003, 4:46 PM
I expected the game to do well in the first week or two of release. There's still a hardcore fanbase for the series.
 txa1265
10-01-2003, 5:15 PM
Originally posted by StormHammer
I expected the game to do well in the first week or two of release. There's still a hardcore fanbase for the series. Yes, but it has been largely ignored (read: GameSpy) or downplayed in the gaming media. BluesNews didn't note its' 'Ships Ahoy' like it usually does ... it came out relatively underwhelmingly - unlike Halo, for instance.

Mike
 JDKnite188
10-01-2003, 5:28 PM
Well, Jedi Academy is great; I am glad it did well. Most of the games on that list I didn't like, though, except for maybe the BF games.
 Emon
10-01-2003, 5:36 PM
It makes me sick how The Sims is still there. Do people love this game that they just keep buying it over and over? WTF?
 Kurgan
10-01-2003, 8:17 PM
Technically every time a new expansion for it comes out, they have to buy the original game to play it, so could be.

I hear the Sims is modded more than any FPS game ever made...
 DarthMuffin
10-01-2003, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by Emon
It makes me sick how The Sims is still there. Do people love this game that they just keep buying it over and over? WTF?

Well, many peeps are _really_ addicted, and they buy every single x-pack. Then, they show it to their friends. And since there're so many x-packs, their friends will go out and buy the special editions, plus the latest x-packs.

and The Sims 2 is comming in feb 2004, watch out!

I'm actually surprised that JA made it to 2nd place. All of my friends are waiting for the price to go down (they think it's more like an x-pack).
Page: 1 of 1