Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help with lava.

Page: 1 of 1
 fahtajorj
10-01-2003, 12:35 AM
could someone please help me with lava?
i cant get it to work like it is in any of the ja levels.
thanks,
fathajorj
 Lil Killa
10-01-2003, 1:21 AM
Well what is your problem exactly?

To creat lave make a brush and cover it with caulk_nonsolid then cover the top and bottom with the lava shader. That's all there is to it.

If u want the lave to hurt the player you ill have to add a trigger hurt by making a brush the size of the area you want the player to be hurt at and then right click it and select trigger_hurt, then set a dmg level or keep the default, -1 is ussed for a screaming death.

Hope that helps
 fahtajorj
10-01-2003, 1:23 AM
thanks for your help but about 1 minute after i posted that i got it to work.
my problem was i forgot to move the updated .bsp file to the ja maps folder.
 DarthStorm
10-01-2003, 7:07 AM
To creat lave make a brush and cover it with caulk_nonsolid then cover the top and bottom with the lava shader. That's all there is to it.

Sorry m8, but this way it doesnt work.. I've tried it over and over again on JK2 and now JA same thing..

Caulk_nonsolid is not working perhaps but nope I see lava but you can walk right over it.

Storm
 GothiX
10-01-2003, 8:13 AM
I'm currently showcasing a map that has lava, and before I had grating above it, you fell into it. It was made with the caulk_nonsolid method, and I think you aren't using a shader - after all JO only had a lava texture...

For a JA lava shader, use rbettenbergtest/tc_lavatest.
 DarthStorm
10-07-2003, 9:20 AM
Argh!

I got no lava shader or anything as you mention... drats..

I need a shader for lava!
 Chewy289
10-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by gothicX
For a JA lava shader, use rbettenbergtest/tc_lavatest.

Yep, this works, for anyone who couldn't find it.
 Druid Bremen
11-04-2003, 4:16 AM
Originally posted by DarthStorm
Sorry m8, but this way it doesnt work.. I've tried it over and over again on JK2 and now JA same thing..

Caulk_nonsolid is not working perhaps but nope I see lava but you can walk right over it.

Storm

HMMMM! Wonder what this "caulk_lava" is...
Page: 1 of 1