Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

what's with the name change?

Page: 1 of 2
 Das Mole
09-30-2003, 10:04 PM
life and how to live it?

and the description is a little too...descriptive....

:confused:
 Thrik
09-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Haw Haw.

The legacy of the Harbour has finally ended. Thank god.
 Das Mole
09-30-2003, 10:30 PM
nooo!! all of the good times took place in the harbor:

http://hometown.aol.com/garchie90/images/the%20harbor.gif)

now they're going to take place in life and how to live it.

that sounds really awkward.

:( who changed it to "life and how to live it" anyway?
 MrManager
09-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Physically it was changed by Met.

Award to whoever figures out where the name is from. :¬:
 ATMachine
10-01-2003, 12:20 AM
While a name change is perhaps in order, I think something less saccharine would be more fitting for a forum about pirates.

Maybe "The Scoundrels' Cove" or some such. I don't know.
 edlib
10-01-2003, 3:43 AM
Life and how to live it
Discuss anything not related to Monkey Island in here. Cussing out mods should be directed to the Feedback forum.
Interesting. Very interesting.
I logged in tonight, opened up my "User CP" and thought to myself "What the hell?!? That's odd... I pretty sure I never subscribed to a "Life and how to live it" forum. Who did this,.. and what happened to the Harbor?"
Sure enough,.. both phenomina are connected. Curious timing.

(Nice choice of intro blurb, also. I approve. ;) )

Oh well. Change is inevitable... But I suspect everyone will always still refer to it as the Harbor anyway.
 Natty
10-01-2003, 4:59 AM
I think the new name is depressing.
 C Shutt
10-01-2003, 5:25 AM
I'm glad the Harbour's gone.
 Ray Jones
10-01-2003, 6:17 AM
i'm glad you will go one day c. and that is for sure. that makes me even more *looks* glader..

:D

"life and how to live it"

:rolleyes:

how does that shall go conform with not mi related mi discussion ??

anyway..

i'm leaving..

.. not today .. and not tomorrow. just for the sake of c shutt and mr. thrik ..
i'll never leave.. harharhar

the habor wont die because of a STUPID name change.

does anyone notice that names have no further meaning than.. NOTHING??

:dozey:

vive la.. err.. my breakfast??
 Darth Groovy
10-01-2003, 6:21 AM
What difference does a name change make? The look is still the same right? The forum is still in the same spot, right? All the threads are still in the forum right? If they had named it Mount Pleasant, I could care less...

Is it not about the people who populate the community?

You are all too sensitive.
 Jester
10-01-2003, 7:33 AM
Met's a fan of REM?

Or the more obvious conclusion: Swami Vivekananda?
 Yufster
10-01-2003, 7:52 AM
Like one in every five new threads started is "What should I do" or "I'm so sad" or whatever. So that said, I think the name change is pretty relevant. And with THAT said, I also think we should all take part in an internet musical.
 Darth Groovy
10-01-2003, 7:58 AM
Originally posted by Yufster
And with THAT said, I also think we should all take part in an internet musical.

Do we get to wear monkey costumes?
http://www.ppp.org/prod/prods/00-03-eden/animals/monkey.jpg)
 Ray Jones
10-01-2003, 8:28 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
Is it not about the people who populate the community?

hmm.. groovy .. good point..

as long as we are here .. who will be there?

but .. who in this community wanted the name change.. (I REALLY DONT CARE.. I JUST RAISE THE QUESTION) ..???

you have to admit groovy.. THIS one is not about the community. its about that funny little admin&co-kiddies who may have done this... i'll like to say i could be seen as against this community...

oh and C Shutt.. (in case you say some) YES!! you are definitly wrong.
 Branik
10-01-2003, 8:47 AM
Something a little less tacky and a bit more imaginative might have been better.
 Darth Groovy
10-01-2003, 8:53 AM
What you guys should do, is go to the feedback forums, and KINDLY start a thread with name suggestions. I'd imagine if you all agreed on something new and creative, they may listen to you.

Remember to be nice about it though.
 Ray Jones
10-01-2003, 8:59 AM
What you guys should do, is go to the feedback forums, and KINDLY start a thread with name suggestions. I'd imagine if you all agreed on something new and creative, they may listen to you.

Remember to be nice about it though.

nah. "they" never listened before and "they" never will do.

otherwise "they" would have asked us or started a thread by themselfes..

plus .. "WE" (i mean us.. errr me all ;)) are always as nice as others are to "us" ..

:)
 Yufster
10-01-2003, 8:59 AM
NO! How DARE you suggest I be nice! How DARE you!??? If you don't EMMEDIATELY, or possibly IMMEDIATELY, I don't know WHICH, RENAME this place, "The DONKEY Sactuary", I will LEAVE this place FOREVER. And THEN'LL you'll be really SORRY, and WISH I'd come BACK, but I WON'T. Ha Ha HA!

Donkey Sanctuary! Donkey Sanctuary! Donkey Sanctuary!

And yeah, I was thinking about gorilla suits and maybe even giraffe suits, if I can find long enough barge poles.
 Branik
10-01-2003, 9:08 AM
NO! How DARE you suggest I be nice! How DARE you!??? If you don't EMMEDIATELY, or possibly IMMEDIATELY, I don't know WHICH, RENAME this place, "The DONKEY Sactuary", I will LEAVE this place FOREVER. And THEN'LL you'll be really SORRY, and WISH I'd come BACK, but I WON'T. Ha Ha HA!

Donkey Sanctuary! Donkey Sanctuary! Donkey Sanctuary!

And yeah, I was thinking about gorilla suits and maybe even giraffe suits, if I can find long enough barge poles.

Well actually "Donkey Sanctuary" sounds pretty good. At least it's better than "Life and how to live it"
 Natty
10-01-2003, 9:35 AM
I suggest the name be changed to GROG SQUAD.
 Yufster
10-01-2003, 9:36 AM
I resent that last post. I request it be withdrawn on the grounds that I, in fact, resent all posts.
 C Shutt
10-01-2003, 9:38 AM

I can practically guarantee that they won't.
 NiKo
10-01-2003, 9:44 AM
how about calling it "monkeying around"?:p
 Ray Jones
10-01-2003, 9:49 AM
Originally posted by C Shutt

SURPRISE!!!!

i never thought this will happen..

but i'll have to agree with you.. :p

on the other hand..

wait.. what was your point again??

oh yeah.. see me shot.

[edit]
my name suggest for them oddmins..

Off-Topic Discussion
Discuss anything not related to Monkey Island with your fellow MI-Gamers.

would that have been so hard???
:dozey:
 Yufster
10-01-2003, 10:43 AM
How's about we live with it? Does it really make a difference? Does it make it harder to post? Does it really change anything at all?
 RoyTordesLegend
10-01-2003, 11:10 AM

Ooohh, 'them' and 'us'!!!!:p

Do we get to wear monkey costumes?
http://www.ppp.org/prod/prods/00-03-eden/animals/monkey.jpg)

Groovy, you could have at least have wore your monkey costume fo that picture......I don't find a naked pic of you very tasteful;)
 Thrik
10-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Btw Das Mole, if that pic is supposed to represent a Gravestone then it should be something like 2000 - 2003. :P
 Darth Groovy
10-01-2003, 11:44 AM

MUST you take away they're hope?:confused:

Groovy, you could have at least have wore your monkey costume fo that picture......I don't find a naked pic of you very tasteful

Ok... you caught me. Think I need a shave?:confused:
 Ray Jones
10-01-2003, 12:55 PM
How's about we live with it? Does it really make a difference? Does it make it harder to post? Does it really change anything at all?

yeah yufster.. thats my point..

but then again.. why change it if it's so irrelevant? they tried closing, they tried moving, they tried everything and now its a name change.

again. as roy mentioned.. they and us. their game. sitting behind the mons peeing their pants because they think it is apropriate and all that.. :rolleyes: ..plus they are so happy that someone went and posted a thread like this. and the ssadiggers can now say "Yay. Thats what i was waiting for" and the community wonders what the hell is going on. until they "forgot" about it all.

again. we will take it. everyone will take it. as usual.

history repeats itself.

lets wait for the next week or so ..
what gonna be happen? someone disables the quote button??

i dont care what this forum is named..
but i do care WHY it is named like it is named. .. and who did it. but obviosly it is not my JOB. so i just dont care.

now die confused.
 Darth Groovy
10-01-2003, 1:15 PM
 Ray Jones
10-01-2003, 1:27 PM
:D:D:D:D:D
lol groovy. you are always so.. *cough*

*chokes on a bit-o-cheese*
 Thrik
10-01-2003, 2:07 PM
Seriously RayJones, with lack of better words - shut your face. Wow, the name of the Harbour has been changed. Why does it even matter? It was changed because the people who run the forum decided so, not to spite you or piss you off. In fact, you shouldn't flatter yourself by thinking that they give a **** about how it affects you personally.

Jesus, I dread to think how you get on in the real world. "Hey boss, you reorganised my desk! You think you're so better than me!! Screw you man!!!".
 ptdc
10-01-2003, 3:45 PM
I think it sounds a bit poncy, but it won't keep me awake at night. I'll let insomnia do that.
 RoyTordesLegend
10-01-2003, 3:55 PM
Originally posted by Thrik
Seriously RayJones, with lack of better words - shut your face. Wow, the name of the Harbour has been changed. Why does it even matter? It was changed because the people who run the forum decided so, not to spite you or piss you off. In fact, you shouldn't flatter yourself by thinking that they give a **** about how it affects you personally.

Jesus, I dread to think how you get on in the real world. "Hey boss, you reorganised my desk! You think you're so better than me!! Screw you man!!!".

.....and this from the guy with the point collecting fetish...he he....;)
 Ray Jones
10-01-2003, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by Thrik

seriously you lollypoop.. please dont tell me to shut face. or i kindly may ask you to chew on a prick.. preferable your own :xp:

i organize my desk by my own and .. why should my "boss" reorganize my desk?? he would have better things to do..
is that the world YOU live in? DESKTOP REORGs? haha. desktops.. you spoot. i develop software n db's n stuff and dont need to ask anyone about anything.. .. err.. wait.. there is one thing. i have to ask for vacation. :rolleyes: (i am sooo veracious.. )

and i think i said i dont care about the namechange plus i dont think they thought about me by this decision. this never was my point. and i dont care much if anybody cares.

really thrik. who cares if anyone thinks he is better than any other? i dont care about you, shut nor anybody else in "your" posse. youre all just lousy spoots. pah.

seriously. LEARN TO RELAX. get a drink. take a cookie. and my opinion.
 Gabez
10-01-2003, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by RayJones
seriously. LEARN TO RELAX. Good advise. Now you follow it.
 Joshi
10-01-2003, 5:35 PM
A rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

Now kindly shut the **** up. :D
 Yufster
10-01-2003, 5:55 PM
Blah blah blah? Blah huckle blah!!! Blah huckle!??? Huckle-Huckle Blah Blah!!!! Huckle! Huckle of Blahs!!!! Huckle you all! I HUCKLING HATE YOU!!! THE HUCKLE-HARBOR IS MY LIFE! I'LL KILL MYSELF IF YOU HUCKLING CHANGE THE HUCKLING NAME!!!! I HAVE NO HUCKLING FRIENDS IN REAL HUCKING LIFE, AND THE HUCKLING HARBOUR IS LIKE MY HUCKLING HOME, AND I WOULD NOT CALL MY HUCKLING HOUSE "LIFE AND HOW TO HUCKING LIFE IT", YOU HUCKLERS.

That was so productive. Do you think the admins will care?
 ptdc
10-01-2003, 6:23 PM
You think ANYBODY cares? I know I don't.
 Yufster
10-01-2003, 8:03 PM
I could explain mockery, who I am mocking and why... but that would be like, a whole bunch of words.
 Ernil
10-01-2003, 8:14 PM
I wrote about 5 different post's and deleted them after I finished this one.

Ok...here's what they said, in the very short version.

I don't like the name. The Harbor was a good name, was not hurting, killing, or maiming anyone, and it had to do with Monkey Island. The Name "The Harbor" was witty. It tied in our Piratey side and the fact that it was an offtopic forum, where people meet and discuss. I loved the Harbor. Perhaps it was lacking at times, but so Is my Grandmother, and she's still a very enjoyable lass.

The new name we've been given lacks "wit." It would be perfectly satisfactory if someone had a name SO GOOD that it would be necessary to change "The Harbor" at that exact moment. The one we've been given, in my opinion, seems as if we were forced to get a new name, and had to think up one on the spot. It could be funner, bouncier, Monkey Islander, and make it seem like it is actually a place where fun loving humans get together to chat about their lives.

That is my opinion. I am very open to criticism, changes, opinions, and cursing. Lay it on me if you feel the need.

With Love,
Ernil
 Thrik
10-01-2003, 8:56 PM
Originally posted by RoyTordesLegend
.....and this from the guy with the point collecting fetish...he he....;)

Okay, so firstly how does points fit into what I said at all? You implied that I was being a hypocrite or something, so please.. explain. Plus the points were donated to me, I had no part or influence in it man!!11
 Das Mole
10-01-2003, 11:38 PM
anyway...i just came back here and now there's another 40 posts or whatever in here....so i'll reply to a post that i would like to...

Btw Das Mole, if that pic is supposed to represent a Gravestone then it should be something like 2000 - 2003. :P

actually...it's not a gravestone...it was a drawing i did earlier...and if you remember my thread about that picture...then you'll know it wasn't a gravestone.

i don't really have a problem with the name change myself, i just think that it was a little unexpected...and really unneeded...

but whatever. i still have this as "the harbor" under my list of favorites, so it's still the harbor to me, not life and how to live it. does that really count as a title? i know it has a noun in it, but all the adjectives and adverbs and verbs....and prepostitional phrases...and infintives and gerund phrases...?

and i don't think anybody will start a thread in the feedback forum because it's not that big of a deal...only to some people maybe...

i wonder what captain andy is going to say when she gets back...:eek:
 Ernil
10-02-2003, 1:36 AM
i wonder what captain andy is going to say when she gets back...

I've thought about that. Many times.

I miss the Andykins. She made good in all situations.
 Natty
10-02-2003, 8:07 AM
How about Monkeying Around? (is monkeying spelt right? for some reason it doesn't look right to me) I just honestly think Life and How To Live it sounds too serious and depressing, it could turn more people away- is that what we want? By all means we should be having fun and if I was a first time visitor here and saw a forum called "Life and how to live it" I'd be turned off straight away. I think the description is fine, just the name of it sounds a little off-putting. Of course that's just me.
 Ray Jones
10-02-2003, 9:04 AM
*steps in*

reads the title of the subforum.

Feedback Center
:confused: :indif: :) :p :D

.. Monk..
eeeeeheheheheheeheheeeeey
..Isl...
aaaahhhahahahahahahahahaaaa
...nd
oohhhohohohohohohohohohohooo
..fee..
iiiihhhhhhihihihihihihihihihi
..dbac
krrrhhrhhrhhhhhuuuuhuhuhu..

*wipes away tears*

feedback... hihihihihieieieieihheheyeye

FEEDBACK..
prrrrffffffftttftftttffttttt..

aahahahaha.

*pees his pants*

:eek:
THAT is not funny.
*walks off quickly*
 ptdc
10-02-2003, 12:31 PM
I think you should all see this :
http://shattered.adventuredevelopers.com/wtf.html)
Well I thought it was good ....
 Ray Jones
10-02-2003, 1:14 PM
WOW.

looks like LeChuck is makin dem kiss de ground. watch diz y'admins!!!

Gabez
10-02-2003, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by RayJones
*steps in*

reads the title of the subforum.

[b]Feedback Center
:confused: :indif: :) :p :D

:eek:
THAT is not funny.
*walks off quickly* Yes, I moved it. Thanks for TELLING US.
 Ray Jones
10-02-2003, 6:26 PM
hehe. no gabez.. it wasnt about you moving it to the fbc.. actually i think it would belong to the fbc.. if the fbc only would fulfill its purpose only one time..

:rolleyes:

ps. i dont think idiots babble like this.. this sort of labalaba can only come from me.. the complete creep. but perhabs it maybee contain a deeper sense .. :dozey:
Page: 1 of 2