Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MP Lightning - Maximum of 2?

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Sokar
09-30-2003, 5:26 AM
Uber-lightning level 3 encompases to much area, so... Anyone know if there is a way to limit lightning so you can only set it to level 2?

If there isn't, then there's a suggestion for a mod (plus I vote for the aforementioned gag mod to quiet troublemakers suggested in another thread).

Also, there is a 'force power calculator' out there somewhere but I can't seem to find it, anyone got a link they can share?
 t3rr0r
09-30-2003, 3:36 PM
just set it to level 2 in force selection...
 King Jezuz Pie
09-30-2003, 3:57 PM
I think he wants to limit force lightning on his server to level 2, so that no one is able to choose lightning on level 3.
 nabroc
09-30-2003, 4:04 PM
Just read the link to a force & weapons calculator on this board myself yesterday or so, to bad search is off, you'll find one at: http://www2.farbot.com:81/games/jo/jo_disable.html)
 Amidala from Chop Shop
09-30-2003, 4:06 PM
You can limit the total number of Force points available to players with g_maxForceRank, or you can disable a force power totally with g_forcepowerDisable, but you can't selectively limit one Force power.

There are several force disable calculators out there, my favorite one is provided by our server host here:
http://www.jediservers.com/help_articles_force.asp)
 Agen
09-30-2003, 4:13 PM
I know you don't care what I think, but it's unfair if lightning is disabled and Lighties have everything available, lightning can be easily dodged by using abosrb or pulling them down to the ground and using lightning on them yourself/ grip and throw off cliff etc.
 Lord Sokar
09-30-2003, 5:17 PM
Thanx for the input all. I assumed limiting a force power to a 'certain level' would be impossible.

I think the best strategy to fixing this is to slow down Force regen time. I played with it a little bit and it seemed to help. The whole map flip-flopped and the true saberests starting hacking people to death when I increased it while the force junkies started running. Pretty funny actually.

My g_forceRegenTime was set to '100' in my configs. I increased it to the default '200' and may consider increasing it on the fly if I have problems.
 Kurgan
09-30-2003, 7:08 PM
I agree. Out of fairness, if Dark Jedi don't get Drain, then Light Jedi shouldn't get Heal. If Rage is gone, so should Protect be.

Etc. Otherwise you just end up biasing a certain playing style. That's your choice, but I think it's a little unfair in these cases.
Page: 1 of 1