Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My friend and i can't create our own server to fight in! It worked in JK2!

Page: 1 of 1
 Paladyn42
09-29-2003, 11:07 PM
:confused:

One of the best things about JK2 was able to make a one-on-one duel game just for me and friend to battle it out in. Play for hours, great time, so on and so on. Only thing is, we can't get it to work for the life of us in JK:JA.

This works(or dosen't) the same regardless of which one of us tries to create the game, so I'll just say he's making it. So he makes a game, duel, password, rules, etc, cool. Starts it up, tells me he's in. So... I go to duels and search for his game. Dosen't exist. I flip between internet, local, whatever, dosen't exist. I do a search for his player name.. dosen't exist. Try adding his IP to favorites then searching for favorites... dosen't exist. IT'S LIKE THE GAME JUST DOSEN'T EXIST!

The thing is, I think I remember having a similer problem with JK2 and we got it all worked otu somehow, but I can't remember what the deal was because it was a good while ago. Anyone have any idea what I could be doing?:confused:
 Wheelchairboy
09-29-2003, 11:49 PM
if it's just you and your bud connect by ip address....just pull down the console shift ~ and then type connect (ip address) and hit enter....you go directly to his game.
 DungeonShade
09-30-2003, 2:39 AM
Does he have a firewall? If so he probably doesn't have the right ports open for clients to access the server through the firewall. Connect using the method listed by wheelchairboy - the in-game browser is really messed up and doesn't list half the servers anyway.
 Paladyn42
09-30-2003, 12:37 PM
So just type connect then space then the IP then enter?(or do I use the brackets?)

like "connect 232.23.343.yaddyaddawhatever.72" ENTER?

Cool, never did know what to use that consol for. Thanks, I'll try it out next time I get a hold of him.
Page: 1 of 1