Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JA clothing colors

Page: 1 of 1
 Jevathan
09-29-2003, 7:14 PM
Well, after fooling around with it for a whole day, I've managed to add two modified heads to JA, as well as a reskinned torso and pants.

The problem is, neither the pants or torso has the color information so that colors can be chosen for them ingame. After quite a bit of hair pulling, I managed to "save" the greyscale "underneath" layer that comes with the .png files, but since I can't open it to edit it, it remains greyscale. That in itself is not a problem, looks pretty good in my model and I could always cover it up and convert to tga. The problem is, I'd like to keep the color selection functionality in the skin, and I have as of yet no friggin' clue how to do this, much less actualy make new skins with new color areas.

Has anyone managed to get past this? I have a feeling the main problem is that my version of photoshop (6.0) with its current plugins just isn't up to the task. Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, etc?

BTW, I've just started skinning, but this crap is fun! I'm gonna reskin everything in sight...
 JevTaliz
09-29-2003, 7:48 PM
Guest indeed!

Guess theres some problem with that username, so now I'm over here... Jevathan=JevTaliz.
 =CNR=Preacher
10-02-2003, 11:49 AM
Download a trial of macromedia's Fireworks and see if that solves your problem....

I have not been able to fool around with theses skins, but had a glance at them by opening them in Fireworks at work. All the transparant parts (selectable regions for the color) were actually transparant and could be saved as transparent... so I guess this is what you need?
Page: 1 of 1