Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

To the "Raven Dude" or anyone else who has definitive knowlege: got a question...

Page: 1 of 1
 Damar Stiehl
09-29-2003, 1:19 PM
What exactly is the difference between sabermorerealistic, g_dismemberment and g_dismemberprobabilities?
 Andy867
09-29-2003, 2:49 PM
sabermorerealistic xxx= Allows for model dismemberment and higher damage scale xxx representing how high for the scale to happen.

g_dismemberment=Actual command for model dismemberment (1/0)

g_dismemberprobabilities=The probability tat it takes between saber strikes for some limb or part of the body to fall off. Probably lower the #, the more frequently it would happen, or vice versa.

That would be my best guess, especially after seeing how Raven implements certain features for debugging, like the g_saberlockRandomness and g_debugsaberlock. Perhaps james or Mike could comment further?
 Astrotoy7
09-29-2003, 3:41 PM
I find it a huge challenge to play with 'more realistic' and probabilities maxed out. basically it becomes a simulation of what it would be like to wield a saber, even as you dropped an opponent if, you were close enough you'd get sliced too. Check it out, adds a whole new dimension to SP....

MTFBWYA
 Damar Stiehl
09-29-2003, 3:59 PM
Oh, yeah. I play with sabermorerealistic 2 and sometimes my duels end with both me and the opponent collapsing into a pile of body parts. The flipside of this setup is that some boss duels end up being much shorter than normal. I took Tavi down in under five minutes...
 Agen
09-29-2003, 4:21 PM
Originally posted by Damar Stiehl
Oh, yeah. I play with sabermorerealistic 2 and sometimes my duels end with both me and the opponent collapsing into a pile of body parts. The flipside of this setup is that some boss duels end up being much shorter than normal. I took Tavi down in under five minutes...
I took out tavion in under a minute on Jedi Master mode with no sabrealsit blah blah. :p Beat that :D
 Damar Stiehl
09-29-2003, 4:38 PM
Yay. Let's give you a red star. But only a small one. Hooray?..
Page: 1 of 1