Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

using 3ds max 5 to model

Page: 1 of 1
 maaaaark
09-29-2003, 10:16 AM
i've got 3d studio max 5, how do i inport the models into it from jk:ja what plugins can i use or how else can i get them in 3ds max 5.:confused:
 Cosmos Jack
09-29-2003, 11:35 AM
Hmm you have a $3,000+ 3D modeling program, and you don't know how to use it? ODD :rolleyes:
 CortoCG
09-29-2003, 12:20 PM
Youґll need the dotXSI Importer/Exporter provided by Raven on the first jk2 editing tools for a start.

You might also wanna grab the ghoul2 models importer from Bobo Fett at http://jedidreams.codealliance.ca/cgi/news.pl).

And register at www.softimage.com) to download this another dotXSI plugins for MAX from here http://www.softimage.com/download/xsi/converters/).

Making new models or modifying existing ones and re insert them into the game is completely up to you.
 WadeV1589
09-29-2003, 8:09 PM
Hmm you have a $3,000+ 3D modeling program, and you don't know how to use it? ODD3DS Max 5 (surprisingly) comes with no MD3/GLM plugins....which is odd considering GMax (free alternative for those of you who want to model in something better than Milkshape BTW)...he may have the legal version tho :rolleyes:
 CortoCG
09-29-2003, 8:28 PM
Just ignore Cosmosґcomments for you sake =).
 Cosmos Jack
09-30-2003, 1:31 AM
Originally posted by CortoCG
Just ignore Cosmosґcomments for you sake =). Errrrr what do you mean by that? I have never said anything bad to you. :o Or have I.:rolleyes:
 CortoCG
09-30-2003, 2:53 AM
I didnґt say they were bad, just some of them are a little off-topic/non helpfull, that's all. See that I didnґt told you not to post anymore, just adviced other ppl.
 maaaaark
09-30-2003, 7:04 AM
didn't say i didn't know how to use it either just said i needed importer or someother way to get the MD3 and GLM files into 3ds max, cus i couldn't find a plugin anywhere for it and the jk2 version is only for 3ds version 4 not 5

:)
 maaaaark
09-30-2003, 7:45 AM
thanks CortoCG its all good now :) got the xsi import/export working.
 Cosmos Jack
09-30-2003, 8:14 AM
Originally posted by CortoCG
I didnґt say they were bad, just some of them are a little off-topic/non helpfull, that's all. See that I didnґt told you not to post anymore, just adviced other ppl. I can be helpful sometimes.....:rolleyes: Err I had to dig up the plugins and stuff myself he should too..... :p
 CortoCG
09-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Lol, after all we all knew everything, =).
 Karvo
10-05-2003, 4:44 AM
I found a newer Max import plugin on softimages website. Unfortunately, the bones are imported as nulls with this new plugin. They can still work, but for now I'm just using the old JO skeleton since that works.

I didnt try, but the bones showing up as nulls shouldnt cause any problems with the skin modifier or exporting. It just makes the bone structure alot less intuitive.
 CortoCG
10-05-2003, 3:43 PM
You're rigth Karvo, if you check the clean JA skeleton at my website's forums you'll see that the bones are nulls =).
Page: 1 of 1