Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problems with a Zabrak Female's Eyes Not Showing

Page: 1 of 1
 obijonkenobi
09-29-2003, 4:44 AM
I use the 3rd head for the Zabrak female (the one with a single pony tail), and half the time in cutscenes her eyes are just darkgrey/black and inside her mouth is pure white. This is obviously a glitch and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this as well, and also if anyone knows a way to fix this.

The settings I play on are:

Resolution: 800x600
Colour Depth: 32bit
Full Screen: On
Geometric Detail: High
Texture Detail: Very High
Texture Quality: 32bit
Texture Filter: Bilinear
Detailed Shaders: On
Video Sync: Off

I'd like to point out that I've only had this problem with this one particular head. The other heads work 100% fine and its the only glitch I get.
 bwoolf
09-29-2003, 6:27 AM
I've also experienced that problem. Seems like a bug.
 Nemios
09-29-2003, 7:58 AM
I've seen this glitch in JA Demo while you make your charachter. Her eyes blinks constantly, but only with her and her third head. I don't have the full version.

I have a GeForce2 MX 400 and "Normal" Video settings.
 Crow_Nest
09-29-2003, 10:56 AM
Her eyes seems fine to me.:confused:
 Starfire13
09-29-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm using that head without any problems. Video card is a GF4Ti4200 with latest Nvidia drivers.
 Leagle eagle
09-29-2003, 11:57 AM
I have a flash computer -full settings for textures.
 |GG|Carl
09-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Do you have a screenshot of it?
 Crow_Nest
09-29-2003, 1:08 PM
This is just a minor bug, don't worry about it.

Maybe they will fix it in a patch?
 Greymon
09-29-2003, 6:41 PM
To fix the eyes:

Open assets1.pk3 with a zip utility.
Extract the file: models/players/jedi_zf/head_c1.skin
Open the file in a text editor. Wordpad will do. Add the line:
headb_pieces,*off
Add that file into a .zip. It must keep the same name and directory structure: models/players/jedi_zf/head_c1.skin
Rename the .zip to zabrakeyefix.pk3 and place it in your gamedata/base folder.

That will fix the eyes. The reason the eyes would "blink" is because the pieces on the model for both the second and third head were trying to show at the same time. Raven forgot to turn off the headb pieces.

One thing to note: On my computer, at the screen where you choose the head, the third head has been moved to the first spot. Not sure why it does that. It still functions correctly, however.

This will NOT fix the mouth. None of the zabrak heads have a mouth or teeth. I believe the Zabrak model is incomplete. It does not have a mouth. The black or white shows because the animation tells the model to split the head as if to talk but no texture is there. If you look in the jedi_zf folder there is no mouth or teeth texture. Every other player model has them. None of the .skin files even mention a mouth or teeth surface. Those bastards at Raven included an incomplete model so they could claim there were more player choices for us.
 Crow_Nest
09-30-2003, 5:32 AM
That solves their problem...
 obijonkenobi
09-30-2003, 5:07 PM
Thanks for the great info on fixing the eyes! :)

I'll try it out now. The mouth is pure white but its one step closer to having my favourite model/head working right! (the "dark grey" version I got no problem with, its just the white one looks way too unatural. Is there any way to change the white to make it the other colour?
Page: 1 of 1