Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Loading root.xsi in Milkshape3D

Page: 1 of 1
 Hamburglar
09-28-2003, 7:13 AM
Someone called $ilk on another JK forum claims to use Milk for his player models but is vague about loading the root.xsi (from the Modelling/Skinning Tutorial pack)... this file is needed for correctly scaling and orienting your model according to the JA animations, and more importantly for weighting your mesh to.

The problem:

I'm using Milk 1.6.6a and everytime I try to load the .xsi file it crashes to desktop. I've tried Corto's new skeleton and it only loads materials (should there even be materials on a skeleton?) for some reason... no bones!

Can anyone confirm that this actually works?

Would it be worth trying an older version of Milk3d or even waiting for a newer version of the .XSI importer plugin?

Surely there has to be someone else whos trying/has successfully made JA models in Milkshape :)

Thanks
 CortoCG
09-28-2003, 5:40 PM
My skeleton has only nulls (small crosses) to represent bones. If it has materials, erase them, cuz you donґt need them for the nulls.
Perhaps Milkshapeґs dotXSI importer does not support nulls, which I seriously doubt.
 Hamburglar
09-29-2003, 7:14 AM
Thanks Corto. Unfortunately, this is as good as it gets :/

http://old.cstrike.co.nz/~hamburg/skeleton.jpg)

Thats with your ja_skeleton.xsi. The root.xsi wont even load. Perhaps I'm flogging a dead horse... or a sleeping dog... or however the saying goes, but I'm a big fan of Milk3D :)
(It loves Half-life models. Though I suppose thats what it was designed for... go figure)

Looks like Max might be the go. Thanks for your help.
 CortoCG
09-29-2003, 12:10 PM
I tried it myself, and no, it doesnґt support nulls as skeleton. I guess Iґll have to make a mesh skeleton. Most of you will feel more comfortable with that anyway.
Page: 1 of 1