Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cutscenes are choppy

Page: 1 of 1
 vekoma
09-27-2003, 12:52 PM
On my new machine cutscenes are choppy and sound is stuttering. Normal play works fine though, but it's a shame for the cutscenes if somebody would know a sollution, right?
thnx
 VampireNaomi
09-28-2003, 5:39 AM
Same problem here.:(
 Sallim
09-28-2003, 6:48 AM
How do you install the game?
Do you use the small or the full install?
I had this problem with the small installation too, because of my CD Drive. He always have to read fast data out, and so it comes.

Or my defrag your harddrive, when your files are spilt up in hundered pieces it isnt good either ;)

edit!
I dont know if you can choose a full installtion at your version. In the German version you havent this option free, and he is always play all data from CD.

The best way is then, to copy all data to the Grim directory and use a no cd crack, of course use this method only if you have trouble with the game, not too crack it! ;)
 ZaXeriaw
09-28-2003, 9:33 AM
Try the patch?
 visidan
09-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by vekoma
On my new machine cutscenes are choppy and sound is stuttering. Normal play works fine though, but it's a shame for the cutscenes if somebody would know a sollution, right?
thnx

I'm guessing your new machine is a Pentium 4 with "Hyper Threading"?

My new computer with a P4 2.4C HT (Hyperthreading) CPU has the same problem, my solution was to disable HyperThreading in my BIOS.

Read your Motherboards manual on how to do that.

Ofcourse, rememeber to turn it back on after you've played Grim Fandango for a couple of days.

Hopefully someone releases a patch to fix this problem in the near future.
 Sallim
09-28-2003, 5:30 PM
Oh the Problem with HP with the P4 is new thing for me!
Nice to know, thanks.
Page: 1 of 1