Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This game was hard?

Page: 1 of 1
 GrimDan
09-27-2003, 12:14 AM
Did anyone else notice that after you finished the game once you can go through a second time in 30 min?

P.S.
I have done this game like 100 times.:drop2: :drop2:
 Thrik
09-27-2003, 9:54 AM
Yes, that's generally the case with most adventure games - the puzzles become lodged in your head and you don't really forget how to do most of them. It's exactly the same with the MI games.

Although if you're replaying it 100 times and only playing it for about 30 minutes then I fail to see the fun since you're obviously skipping most of the cut-scenes and such. I tend to only replay about once a year so it's not all fresh in my head.
 GrimDan
09-28-2003, 8:50 PM
I only play the game when I am board with a lot of time. I havn't played the game for a few weeks for two reasons. One I have a new game that I am trying to get through. Two I have a game editor now and I am trying tomake a good game.

P.S.
Look for a new thread about my game editor.
 Anomonous Guy
09-29-2003, 7:47 PM
I really cant see ANYONE completing Grim Fandango in 30 mins, coz it takes longer than that to do everything even if u know what ur doing...
Maybe in a couple of hours or so...
 Mantrid
09-30-2003, 3:42 AM
Wanna know something even creepier? I played the game all the way through twice, and now I can play the game in my head whenever I want. I can even remember some of the dialouge. So, whenever I'm bored: "Sorry for the wait Mr. Florez, I'm ready to take you now..."
 pleto4_ryan
09-30-2003, 11:30 AM
It's impossible to really play the game in just 30 minutes, i had plaied the game over a dozen times and it takes somewhere off 5 to 6 hours to truly play it all. The better time is 6 hours.
 Sally J Limones
09-30-2003, 10:46 PM
You can't do it in 30 min. Period.
Yeah, I hear Manny and Hector in my head all the time (read sig).
~Sal
 Mantrid
10-01-2003, 4:39 AM
Its worse than that. I can recite the entire game. And do bad character accents.
 MeddlingMonk
10-01-2003, 7:23 AM
Originally posted by Mantrid
Wanna know something even creepier? I played the game all the way through twice, and now I can play the game in my head whenever I want.

You don't even come close to my creepiness. :p
 Sally J Limones
10-01-2003, 10:21 PM
You don't even come close to my creepiness.
That's right, darlin'- EAGLES! ON! POGO STICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *seeing images of bald eagles pouncing on pogo sticks down the halls of her school* ;b
~Sal
 Tall Guy
10-02-2003, 9:33 AM
Originally posted by GrimDan
Did anyone else notice that after you finished the game once you can go through a second time in 30 min?

P.S.
I have done this game like 100 times.:drop2: :drop2: yeah u might find that now you've completed it, ya might have to wait a while until u forget all the puzzles :) heh
 Dawidos
10-03-2003, 7:29 PM
Originally posted by GrimDan

It's impossible ;). I finished the game and when I played again , it takes me somewhere 4 hours. This is my record :D
 Bushmeister
10-04-2003, 5:39 PM
I could never think of being able to complete the game in thirty minutes, although I can do it in a few hours,except for the fact that the puzzle with the wheelbarrow and tree still eludes me. I only ever pass it through sheer luck!
 Anomonous Guy
10-04-2003, 10:37 PM
i dunno if u want me to tell u but i will so dont rewad if u dont wanna know...

Well, i was playing GF the other day and like, wehn i completed it 2 times before it was through sheer luck...
But i realised that Glottis said something about throwing it off blance... So i had a look to see if the wires changed anything when u ran over them, and it turned out that certain 'pogo stick' got turned off when u ran over them, so i figured that if u had 2 on one side going at the same time and 2 on the other sidfe going at the same time it wud throw it off balance... and it did :)
I was so happy i had solved another puzzle in the game even though i had completed it twice!
 Lemon Head
10-05-2003, 9:48 AM
I've heard so many people having trouble with that pump puzzle before and it always makes me feel like a braniac cos i figured it out first time....mind you, i got absolutely buggered on most of the other puzzles
 amadeus
10-05-2003, 2:44 PM
Did any of you ever use a walkthrough during the game? I might be really adventure game deficient, but there were a few puzzles where I had to go to the walkthrough for advice. I don't know. The reason I play it over and over again is for the story. It's so captivating. I have played it over and over again and timed myself and as so many people have said on this thread, thirty minutes is impossible. That's about all the way to Rubacava, I think. And that's even a stretch.
 GendoTheGreat
10-06-2003, 5:17 AM
I guess it would be possible to complete the game in half an hour if I memorized the puzzles beforehand, but there's one problem; once I walk into the Blue Casket I spend easily twice that long enjoying the ambience and reciting poetry. In fact, I love the Blue Casket so much I'm going to make it one of my goals in life to own a home with a basement so I can set it up with a wet bar, deep azure mood lighting and piped jazz music. Naturally you're all invited for drinks.
 Lemon Head
10-06-2003, 11:38 AM
i'd be willing to bet that even by skipping all the text and cut scenes, it wouldn't be possible to complete this game in half an hour, or an hour in fact!

who's up for the challenge?
 amadeus
10-06-2003, 6:50 PM
I'm not taking you up on that challenge. Way too hard. I will bet you that no one on this forum can beat the game in less than forty five minutes.
 Dawidos
10-07-2003, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by amadeus
Did any of you ever use a walkthrough during the game?
Rarely , it depends for game. But if you finish game without walkthrought, you'll have more satisfaction. But sometimes I have problem with difficult puzzles. I had this situation with Schizm- a very, very difficult adventure game :). I had to use walkthrought.
 Lemon Head
10-07-2003, 6:20 PM
i had to use a walkthrough for a significant part of Discworld. Now THAT was hard...good game though
 amadeus
10-07-2003, 7:28 PM
Sometimes I just get so stuck they I need it. Sometimes I hold off for the principal of the thing, but after being stuck for a year in GF(wow, I guess I must be really dumb), I decided that there was no use in buying the game if you weren't going to finish it, and since I was dying to know what happened next, I used it.
 Lemon Head
10-07-2003, 8:15 PM
you waited for a year before resorting to a walkthrough?

See, i am now in a quandry as to whether you deserve some sort of medal or a frontal lobotomy
 amadeus
10-07-2003, 8:29 PM
I used to have EXTREMELY strong game morals. Why? I don't know. I guess Grim Fandango was so real, it seemed sort of like cheating at life....:rolleyes:
 Lemon Head
10-07-2003, 8:32 PM
Originally posted by amadeus
it seemed sort of like cheating at life....:rolleyes:
:barf: now you really do deserve a frontal lobotomy for that one
Page: 1 of 1