Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

# Of Models Limitation

Page: 1 of 1
 Umbilicycle
09-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Is there any way to add additional models to use in Multi-Player without overwriting the ones that come prepackaged with JA? I am a man who likes his options. And the same question regarding the create your own jedi portion. Can I add onto it without overwriting what is already in the game.

Any assitance/insight is appreciated

Thanks
 Duncan_10158
09-27-2003, 10:30 PM
first, it is posible to add new models without overwriting the existing. you simply need to download these models and put the pk3 files in the base directory. the models will show up like for ex. Boba Fett already does in JA multiplayer. by now i haven seen any purely JA models jet, but the models for JO should work too as i heard.

second, to get a mod or something like this for more heads, torsos and legs in the costum model creation is very unlikely. these body parts are not in single files, they are all together in one model file. if you want to add a new head to the human male, then you need to have the original model with all parts in xsi format, add the head and recompile it. this new file would need to replace the original one. its to much work and it would be needed to do for every new body part from different source.
 Umbilicycle
10-02-2003, 12:28 AM
"... it is posible to add new models without overwriting the existing. you simply need to download these models and put the pk3 files in the base directory. the models will show up like for ex. Boba Fett already does in JA multiplayer."

Yeah I just dropped the pk3 files in the directory, however, it was my experience that the default models (not the create your own, the stand alones) that are available in multiplayer are no longer available. Instead of expanding the list of choices, it merely overwrites the available models starting with the top and working its way down. There just seems to be a finite number of available models.

"second, to get a mod or something like this for more heads, torsos and legs in the costum model creation is very unlikely."

I figured as much... but it would be cool...

Thanks for the reply, any one have a different experience
Page: 1 of 1