Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A couple of questions :)

Page: 1 of 1
 Silent_Thunder
09-21-2003, 11:35 PM
First, what is the url to the Dark Forces mod, I can't seem to find it anymore, hehe...

Second, in JA they had flying stormtroopers. Can the mod team now easily extract that 'flying code' and put it into the DF mod? Or does it not work that way? I remember the mod's developers saying how they weren't sure if they would be able to make flying Dark troopers, and if they DID it would take longer to complete the game.

Last question, what is an estimate release date of this mod? I'm really egerly anticipating this, so I hope it doesn't get canned... Is the December release still on schedule?

Thanks! :)

[Edit - Stormy - Spoiler tags]
 txa1265
09-23-2003, 6:49 PM
Originally posted by Silent_Thunder
First, what is the url to the Dark Forces mod, I can't seem to find it anymore, hehe...

The mod is located here. (http://darkforces.jediknight.net/)

Second, in JA they had flying stormtroopers.

Awww, man ... can't I go anywhere in the forums without getting spoiled !?!?!? :mad: Seriously, the game has been out less than a week, don't assume that everyone here, let alone a majority, know stuff that isn't in the LucasArts public screens ...

Last question, what is an estimate release date of this mod? I'm really egerly anticipating this, so I hope it doesn't get canned... Is the December release still on schedule?
Check the site ...

Arggghhhhh ..... another surprise ruined, thanks! :mad:

Mike

[Edit: thanks Silent_Thunder for putting up the spoiler tags!]
 StormHammer
09-24-2003, 4:53 PM
Silent_Thunder...please remember to use spoiler tags when posting things about Jedi Academy, at least for the time being. Thanks. ;)

And to answer your questions...the presence of that code I would imagine would be a great help to the team members who will be working on the Dark Troopers. ;)

And the target date is still Christmas 2003 - even if the Mod is not completed in it's entirety, I'm pretty sure something will be released. Jedi Academy appears to have quite a few assets and features that should make the Mod's development somewhat easier.
 Silent_Thunder
09-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Sorry about not goiving a warning about the *SPOILER* Flying stormtroopers END SPOILER*

I was pretty sure that they were in a screen shot before, just like the rancors, so I thought it was alright to discuss them :(.

Also, they aren't really that big of a deal... It's not like it is any surprise or anything.

But I apollogize anyway :(.

Thanks for the answers though! :).
 Silent_Thunder
09-24-2003, 11:13 PM
I just checked the website...

It's been at around 30% for so long... now there isn't even a release date :(.

I was really looking forward to this mod... I hope it doesn't go the same way as all the other mods with such a grand plan :(.

Honestly, I was looking forward to this mod for than Jedi Academy, hehe...
 StormHammer
10-01-2003, 3:46 AM
Don't despair. ;)

Both mods are still in progress. I should know...because I recently got accepted as a skinner onto the team.

And I don't think anyone from either Mod would mind me saying that they are now collaborating on certain areas - the two teams are basically helping each other out, and trying to fill in some gaps to get a better workflow going.

The Mods are still in progress...so keep up your spirits. ;)
Page: 1 of 1