Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't figure out how to skin a swoop!

Page: 1 of 1
 sights0d
09-21-2003, 6:44 PM
I've unpacked everything, rewritten the .skin file, editted the textures, but when I go into modviewer, all I get is a blank white bike. I keep getting an error about compiling. HELP!!!
 sights0d
10-06-2003, 12:49 AM
Solved that problem... but now I can't get the swoop to show up in the game. I get something about a qpath... so all swoops show up without texture and I can't even enter the request for my skin in particular. Any help out there?
 ShovelHead
10-15-2003, 7:12 PM
Yeah I pulled on my hair for a couple days till I figured it out.
In my packed .pk3 I have 3 folders.
The "ext_data folder" which holds the" npcs" folder and .npc file and the "vehicles folder" which holds the .veh file.
The second folder is the "models"which holds the "players" and, *new model* folder which holds your .jpgs and .skin files.
The third folder is the "shaders" folder which holds the .shader file.
The one thing I found is that you need to make sure that the new model name is in all the right places in the .npc and the .veh files just like in the .skin file.
After that you can skin just about any npc.
Hell I made an all red rancor just to see if I could yesterday.
If you know all this already thats cool I'm putting all this info in here in case someone reads the thread that dosen't know.
Hope it helps.
 sights0d
10-15-2003, 10:09 PM
I'll try it out. Thx.
Page: 1 of 1