Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Must... fix... saberstaff... "turn-off" animation...

Page: 1 of 1
 Bacon00
09-20-2003, 6:32 AM
It seems that Raven neglected to create a new animation when turning off the saber staff... it clips through the character and looks really ugly.

Anybody have enough modding skill to fix this oh-so-annoying error?
 razorace
09-20-2003, 6:57 AM
Not until we got the source code.
 Crow_Nest
09-20-2003, 6:59 AM
Why does everyone complain about this problem???
 WadeV1589
09-20-2003, 7:06 AM
Yeah, it was there before and overlooked this time, not like it's a new introduced error? Is it really that annoying? Does it really destroy the game for you that much? It may just get patched later, or maybe it won't due to some coding problems, either way I'm sure most of you won't die if it doesn't get fixed! Enjoy the game!

Oh and the bug thread is here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111541), no need for yet another complaints thread.
 Crow_Nest
09-20-2003, 7:07 AM
Maybe Raven will fix it in a patch?
 razorace
09-20-2003, 7:16 AM
Maybe. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.
 Crow_Nest
09-20-2003, 7:21 AM
Originally posted by razorace
Maybe. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

In fact it is hard to fix!

Andy told me.
 razorace
09-20-2003, 7:53 AM
Boy, that clears things up. Exactly which Andy are you talking about?

"Andy" isn't really correct on this. You could swap the switch off animation fairly quickly if you had the source code. I could do it in about 10-15 mins.

Or, if you wanted to keep the same animation, you could back the back blade on the saber staff turn off faster. But, that would probably take a little more time to figure out thou. :)
 Crow_Nest
09-20-2003, 1:24 PM
Exactly which Andy are you talking about?

I mean the moderater Andy867, isn't he the only member with the word "Andy"?
 Tesla
09-20-2003, 1:48 PM
If it bothers you that much, then only turn your Staff saber off when running, that way it doesn't clip through your arm. :p

j/k

Maybe a patch will solve it, who knows ? ;)
 Crow_Nest
09-20-2003, 2:09 PM
Actually i don't really like the turn off for the staff, its the same as the single saber.:mad:
 RSloan76
09-20-2003, 2:30 PM
It doesn't really bother people, but it does show a real lack of polish on Raven's part. We've come to expect better. -The game is great for the most part though. I had always wished they would add some cool animations for saber-on, and off. I never really liked that twirl thing.

I would have liked if you're character switched the saber on, and off rather timidly in the first part of the game, then later on after everything is level 3 force, you would ignite your saber like Mace Windu does right as he pulls his saber to his hand and lops of Jango's head. -Or something similarly baddass.
 ASk
09-20-2003, 4:46 PM
Not until we got the source code.

wrong

You can also create a new animation >_>
 razorace
09-20-2003, 5:39 PM
You mean with the old file hacking technique? Yeah, I suppose that's true. I just didn't want to recommend that because we'd end up with another mod that only fixes that minor problem. :)
 Bacon00
09-20-2003, 7:50 PM
Ya know, I never said that this ruined the game for me, but about 3 of you just outright flamed me for really no good reason. Calm down guys.

I bet they do fix it in a patch, but it DOES look goofy, you have to admit that.
 Crow_Nest
09-21-2003, 3:48 AM
Originally posted by ASk
wrong

You can also create a new animation >_>

hey you're right.:) Just wait for someone to make a mod!
 Pedro The Hutt
09-21-2003, 11:22 AM
That, or untill that time, you can turn off one blade first, and then the other ^.^ very Maul-ish lol.
Page: 1 of 1