Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How many of you picked the purple saber?

Page: 1 of 1
 Bacon00
09-20-2003, 6:17 AM
During the character selection process, I couldn't decide on a color. I tried orange, and didn't like it. I tried yellow, disliked it. Blue and green as overused, and purple seemed "girly." But then I saw a picture of Mace Windu, and decided to be a bit "adventurous" and pick the purple.

I now love the purple saber... it looks SO much cooler than the other ones. Maybe because Mace uses it (and I love Mace), or maybe it's my inner-girl... whatever the case, I'm curious - am I one of few to pick a male and use a purple saber?
 JarJarBinks
09-20-2003, 6:25 AM
The only problem I have with the default purple saber is that it looks more like a mix of pink and purple, I like pink but I don't want a pink lightsaber. I changed it to dark purple and it looks alot cooler except the blur and the glow it gives off (on the walls and floor) is still pinkish so...I would probably pick purple if green wasen't available but I love green, its my favorite color.
 Bacon00
09-20-2003, 6:26 AM
Mine doesn't have any hint of pink it it... looks just like Mace's.

As an update, I have also selected a purple saber staff as my 2nd saber... My name is Bacon, and I have a problem.
 Kurgan
09-20-2003, 8:53 AM
I've always just liked red. Of the choices its the best (although you can have some nice combinations of colors with the dual saber/saberstaff). In the SP game I'm still running around with the single saber yet, so I'll have to decide if I want to go both red or one red, one other color (like blue or green). I will probably be going with Dual Sabers at least the first time through.
 ShannonKnight
09-20-2003, 9:22 AM
I used the purple saber since JK2 came out. I haven't even seen EP1 back then. :D
 Sam
09-20-2003, 9:48 AM
Just add a rainbow on your lightsaber hilt then your good to go.:rolleyes:
 EvilKnick
09-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Besides the classic blue, green, and red, Ive always liked purple the best.

Orange and yellow are cool, but the purple always seemed cool to me, reminded me of the glowing mutagen in the ninja turtles cartoons or something :D

Remember, only the TMNT movies had green ooze ( and the comics):p

It never struck me as pink or girly until I saw some people mention it on the internet.

Your all insane homophobes !!!!!!!!!:amidala:

Purple is a stealthy jedi ninja color I say !!!!:ewok:
 cayqel
09-20-2003, 12:57 PM
I started out with green, but somewhere druing teer 2, I got board with it. for decades the only lightsabers you could use were either blue or green, why stay with that? So I switch to orange, but didn't really like it, so I switched to purple. It's just feels so much more unique than the other colors.
 Damar Stiehl
09-20-2003, 1:10 PM
Excerpt from the Jedi Archives, Article 253, "Jedi Classes":

"Purple is the color of Jedi Pimp. Equip it and remove your shirt to gain the new Force power, "Force Pimp Slap""

These ain't no droids you be lookin' for, muthaf#cka!

(Yeah, I like purple)
Page: 1 of 1