Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MP Exploit or is the game already hacked?

Page: 1 of 1
 garret42
09-20-2003, 6:01 AM
Was in a server just now, and a couple of people apparently had figured out how to make it so their "absorb" force power automatically turned on if you tried to use push, pull, grip, etc. on them and then immediately turned off when the move was finished.

Is this a hack or is it some kind of exploit? I just pissed cuz I can't push a guy off a ledge and watch him plummet to his death...whichI think we all enjoy. :)
 Sam
09-20-2003, 6:03 AM
Did you see blue? or did he just not fall?
 Rad Blackrose
09-20-2003, 6:06 AM
... Eh?

Sounds more like a standard keybind to me... Interesting though.

(BTW, the console command is /bind (key) "force_absorb")
 Jello123
09-20-2003, 6:39 AM
rad..i think u lost it on this one hahaa

remember..absorb..u see blue only when someone gives u force ...

drunk again?
 Lightsaberboy
09-20-2003, 6:50 AM
jello's right. even if you dont see blue, the person could have absorb on, it only turns blue when force is acted on it. one way to check if someone has absorb is by listening carefully to the distinct sound.
 Rad Blackrose
09-20-2003, 6:59 AM
I just got done playing JA, Absorb does have the blue effect from 1.02, not 1.03 / 1.04.

And no, I'm not drunk again, bastard.
 Lightsaberboy
09-20-2003, 7:40 AM
depends what were you playing i guess. i know in sp it stays blue, was that what you were playing? perhaps mp is different
 Kurgan
09-20-2003, 9:02 AM
Hmm, I could have sworn it only turned blue when force was used on you in MP.

I will have to test it again... I'm not drunk, but I'm a little tired.

Mind plays tricks on you sometimes... even JEDI MIND TRICKS!

okay, that was bad....

Update: Okay, I stand corrected, the blue effect (level 3) is always on. So either that person had a fast hand, it was lag, or you're right, it was some kind of cheat.

I prefer to think it wasn't, but that's just me. Btw, Saberdamagescale 3 rocks! ; )
 ShannonKnight
09-20-2003, 9:15 AM
Nope it apears blue to you but all other see just your normal skin. So absorb works the same as in 1.04 but you will see if you have turned it on or not.
 Kurgan
09-20-2003, 9:35 AM
Ah, interesting!

So just like Mind Trick... neat.

Well that explains the confusion! I'll have to note that on my site...
Page: 1 of 1