Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A sequel? (Spoilers!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Uber_Saber
09-20-2003, 1:20 AM
This is if you've seen the Dark Side ending...

Kyle just strides off, off to find Jaden? That's not an ending, that's kind of a cliffhanger. What's going to happen?

I get the feeling that Kyle may be returning for another game, involving tracking down a certain rogue Jedi. And just wondering if I'm nuts or not, but can anyone else see this happening?
 wassup
09-20-2003, 2:14 AM
Bah, it would be like JK2 story all over again, except Jaden (you) would be replacing Desann as antagonist. JK4 needs a fresher story, something Star Wars fans haven't seen before.
 A Big Fat CoW
09-20-2003, 5:19 AM
Vong.

'Nuff said.
 NITEMARE
09-20-2003, 6:15 AM
actually i would like to see the story go on. BUT only if i could play jaden!

wouldn't it be cool to be the other side just for once? it isn't even clear what jaden ist exactly into. is he realy going for the remnants of the empire? or did he just take over the ISD for a safe ride? mabe he has plans on gettin real powerfull for some reason. he could be fed up with the weaklings at the jedi academy. they don't realy act to change anything but wait for the next evil power who tries to take over the gallyxie. and then? they just react to it. so jaden could be the one who changes all that. mabe he wants to kill all dark force users and destroy the remaining empire forces.

however it would be a real challange for story writer and game designer. the traditional fast paced and very compact/short concept like in other raven games (and hal-life and so on) wouldn't do it this time. who ever gets the chance to do this has the opportunity to make a unique starwars 3d action game, hopefully mixed with some other genres i hope.
 Vsync
09-20-2003, 8:24 AM
Originally posted by NITEMARE
actually i would like to see the story go on. BUT only if i could play jaden!

wouldn't it be cool to be the other side just for once? it isn't even clear what jaden ist exactly into. is he realy going for the remnants of the empire? or did he just take over the ISD for a safe ride? mabe he has plans on gettin real powerfull for some reason. he could be fed up with the weaklings at the jedi academy. they don't realy act to change anything but wait for the next evil power who tries to take over the gallyxie. and then? they just react to it. so jaden could be the one who changes all that. mabe he wants to kill all dark force users and destroy the remaining empire forces.

however it would be a real challange for story writer and game designer. the traditional fast paced and very compact/short concept like in other raven games (and hal-life and so on) wouldn't do it this time. who ever gets the chance to do this has the opportunity to make a unique starwars 3d action game, hopefully mixed with some other genres i hope.

Seeing how Raven did such a good job with both JKO and JKA they probably will pickup the next game. Knowing them and how they love the ID software engines they probably might use the Doom 3 engine though I would prefer the Half-life 2 engine because the physics pontential that it has (imagine lifting an explosive container in the air, throwing and watching as it blows up causing a bridge full of stormtroopers to fall to their doom) but of course its up to raven. I think both endings were boring, but the light side one, which was the first time I finished it, really made me want shoot both luke and kyle.
 NITEMARE
09-20-2003, 8:38 AM
well i foung the light side endinge to be very unoriginal and boring. the darkside ending has much more potential for a sequel. the conflict between master and his former padawan can deliver a deep and dark story. i don't realy want to be the standart evil biatch who works with the imperium because they are not "weak" and all.

however, raven had a solid image as a 3d action pro but not realy exciting for people like me anymore. i've grown up from doom and quake games. but with jk2-3 they manages to surprise me. although not that much...if they get another chance at the jk series, i hope they'll be able to cross their limits again. like they did with jk2, they crossed their solid fps limits to be the new melee action masters they are now.

and why do people keep on reffering to hl2 and its video demo? i was not impressed that much. it is possible that doom3 will feature similar physics. who knows. ok hl2 will be especially made for this and doom3 will just be a modern version of its predecessors. but i don't think that the hl2 engine or the doom3 engine are worth the discussion about which is better suited for what, until their release date...
Page: 1 of 1