Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JO skins and custom taunts

Page: 1 of 1
 ReadyMan
09-19-2003, 4:01 PM
In JO, many of the user created skins had custom taunts/sounds (Jar Jar skin for example).
However in JA, those sounds do not work, but the skins work just fine.
Is there a way to convert the sounds for particular skins from JO to JA?

thanks!
 rut-wa jodar
09-19-2003, 6:17 PM
I have noticed that some JO models become corrupted when they respawn,if they have the "surf" command in the models pk3 file
 Comm539
09-19-2003, 10:16 PM
How come some JO models have had their unique taunts (like chiss stormtrooper swamptrooper etc) replaced by a 'universal taunt'?
 [fk]mediablitz
09-19-2003, 10:19 PM
HWO DO I GET MAH DARTH MAUL SKINZ 2 SHOW UP WITH MAH CUZTOM TAUNT?????????///////
 ReadyMan
09-19-2003, 11:01 PM
anyone?
 ReadyMan
09-21-2003, 3:12 PM
someone's gotta know about the custom taunts...
 Comm539
09-21-2003, 3:19 PM
Isn't just:

/model <skin name>

or in a team game:

/team_model <skin name>
 ReadyMan
09-22-2003, 10:05 PM
no, it's a file that's not being adjusted or something.
the sounds work in jk2, but not in JA.
wierd.

anyone have a fix for this?
 peloquin
09-23-2003, 1:32 AM
I don't know how to get the taunt to work....as in bind t +taunt which playes an audio file in JO wont work for me in JA. However, I have changed the new reborns over to maul in JA and changed the misc sound files to maul ones which will work. Among them there are several pushfail taunts for the reborn which can be changed to any taunt you want and they seem to be activated 'in game' quite often.

The only other thing I can think of to help ya out is changing the weapon select sounds over to the taunts you want. If you look in the sound folders you'll find the sounds for when you cycle through weapons and select different ones, each has its own sound (weaopon_select_blaster.wav or something like that). So for eg: when you select the blaster you hear a little "bleep" sound which you can change to a taunt by renaming it.

just a temp solution really but it also gives you the option to have 5 taunts or so that you can use in game.
 ReadyMan
09-23-2003, 2:49 AM
hmmm. So how do I access these sound files?
I'm assuming that it's contained in the pk3 files?
I tried opening one up with notepad, but it didnt work.

thanks for the information btw! :)
 peloquin
09-23-2003, 3:18 AM
the sound files are in one of the assets.pk3. open it with winzip and extract all the sound files you want to a folder somewhere. I'll just mention that a .pk3 file is just a zip file renamed, so basically a .pk3 is a zip file. So if you want to change a pushfail taunt to one of your own just rename your taunt to pushfail.wav and place it in the sound folder. use winzip to pack it back up, change the .zip to .pk3 (ignoring the windows warning that it may not work if you rename it) pop it back into your base folder and the next time you push the character you changed the sound for it will play your own taunt. Same with anysound you care to change.
 kingdomwinds
09-23-2003, 12:48 PM
also in jk2, the custom chars made a sound when they jumped. Like jar jar would always make a stupid cry when he jumped. Now i cant even hear any of the sounds.
Page: 1 of 1