Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to convert Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast maps into Jedi Academy

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Vader III
09-19-2003, 2:49 PM
1. One must have a program to be able to modify the assets*.pk3 Pkspace or Winzip
and much of free diskspace (about 1GB)

2.With winzip rename the assets*.pk3 -s from both of the games to assets*.zip -s

3. Find your map (for example ffa_deathstar.bsp)

4. Extract it.

5. Put it into assets1.zip of JA where other .bsp files are

6.Copy folders shaders; textures; ext_data (if you want rebornfencers etc.) ; music; sounds to assets0.zip of JA

7. Rename to *.pk3 -s (don't delete the files you copied yet, in case something went wrong)

8. Try it out. Start JA and bring down the console (shift and ~) type in devmap ffa_deathstar.

9. Enjoy...
 Prime
09-19-2003, 2:56 PM
Excellent! Thanks for the tip.

I don't know if you have tried this yet, but I suspect you do not need to alter the assets0 and 1 pk3 at all. You should be able to create another .pk3 with the same directory structure as the assets0 and 1 and it should work okay. I haven't tried it though, but that is how JO worked for the most part.
 WadeV1589
09-19-2003, 10:44 PM
That's how all the Q3 engine games work I know of, no need to modify current pk3's, in fact it can cause problems on pure servers if you start modifying PK3's.
Page: 1 of 1