Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Server Setup

Page: 2 of 2
 jediknight639
09-29-2003, 6:57 PM
ok and what if i have a private server
 TheAphextwin
09-30-2003, 2:02 AM
malinkie,

I got some info from Raven this evening so I'll jump on it tomorrow night. I should have something in a day or two.
 cheapherk
09-30-2003, 2:17 AM
I had a server running on my other computer w/o a flaw, now all of a sudden, it doesn't work. I didn't fool with anything; therefore I don't understand what the problem is.
 jediknight639
09-30-2003, 7:20 PM
When I host a jk3 server and i go to my other computer and bring the game up I cant see my server on the list my clan member couldnt see it ether the only way for my meber to join is by my ip but I aslo can see it in the locals every once inwhile my server will show up in the internet list and if I refreash it it disappears and it is set to dedicated server can any one tell me what wrong.
 escapedturkey
09-30-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm getting this problem with FreeBSD:

-bash-2.05b$ uname -a
FreeBSD srv.escapedturkey.com 4.9-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE #0: Sat Sep 20 04:53:17 GMT 2003 escaped@srv.escapedturkey.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/whatever i386
-bash-2.05b$

Startup:

screen ./linuxjampded +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 69.50.183.227 +set net_port 29070 +set ttycon 0 +set fs_homepath /usr/home/turkey +set com_hunkmegs 64 +set sv_maxclients 16 +exec server.cfg

Using the default server.cfg to test:

// Server Config
seta sv_hostname "my server name"
//seta g_motd "woot"
//rconpassword "my secret password"

seta sv_maxclients 16
set timelimit 20
// gametypes
// 0 = FFA
// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament
// 4 = POWER DUEL
// 6 = TEAM DEATHMATCH
// 7 = SIEGE
// 8 = CTF

// below will rotate through all multiplayer maps
// found in the assets0.pk3 file and use the correct
// gametype for each map
set d1 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa1 ; set nextmap vstr d2"
set d2 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa2 ; set nextmap vstr d3"
set d3 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa3 ; set nextmap vstr d4"
set d4 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa4 ; set nextmap vstr d5"
set d5 "set g_gametype 0; map mp/ffa5 ; set nextmap vstr d6"
set d6 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf1 ; set nextmap vstr d7"
set d7 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5 ; set nextmap vstr d8"
set d8 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5 ; set nextmap vstr d9"
set d9 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5 ; set nextmap vstr d10"
set d10 "set g_gametype 8; map mp/ctf5 ; set nextmap vstr d11"
set d11 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel1 ; set nextmap vstr d12"
set d12 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel2 ; set nextmap vstr d13"
set d13 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel3 ; set nextmap vstr d14"
set d14 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel4 ; set nextmap vstr d15"
set d15 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel5 ; set nextmap vstr d16"
set d16 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel6 ; set nextmap vstr d17"
set d17 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel7 ; set nextmap vstr d18"
set d18 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel8 ; set nextmap vstr d19"
set d19 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel9 ; set nextmap vstr d20"
set d20 "set g_gametype 3; map mp/duel10 ; set nextmap vstr d21"
set d21 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_desert ; set nextmap vstr d22"
set d22 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_hoth ; set nextmap vstr d23"
set d23 "set g_gametype 7; map mp/siege_korriban ; set nextmap vstr d1"

// start the first map
vstr d1

It goes to this and I have to hit CTRL C to stop it:

JAmp: v1.0.1.0 linux-i386 Sep 19 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/usr/home/escaped/base
/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets2.pk3 (62 files)
/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
/usr/home/escaped/ja/base
./linuxjampded/base

----------------------
23728 files in pk3 files
execing mpdefault.cfg
couldn't exec jampserver.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Opening IP socket: 69.50.183.227:29070
Hostname: srv.escapedturkey.com
IP: 216.234.168.7
execing server.cfg
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: mp/ffa1
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/usr/home/escaped/base
/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets2.pk3 (62 files)
/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
/usr/home/escaped/ja/base
./linuxjampded/base

----------------------
47456 files in pk3 files
Loading dll file jampgame.
Sys_LoadDll(/usr/home/escaped/ja/base/jampgamei386.so)...
Sys_LoadDll(jampgame) found **vmMain** at 0x2a0cbbb8
Sys_LoadDll(jampgame) succeeded!
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: basejk
gamedate: Sep 9 2003

That's it, just hangs there. I have JK2 running on the same machine and it's running just fine. I followed the instructions for the FreeBSD install here:

http://forums.ravensoft.com/ib/ikonboard.pl?act=ST;f=21;t=24916)

Hrm. :(
 DarthCobra
10-01-2003, 6:40 PM
OK! I guess i'll post it here also.

Everyone seems to be under the assumption that g_weapondisable 65531 is saber only. It is not! It still leaves trip mines, det pack, ammo an what not.

The correct setttings for SABER ONLY ARE:

g_weapondisable 524279

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SERVERS AND TELL YOUR FREINDS!
 malinkie
10-02-2003, 1:54 PM
Apextwin,

Do u have a list of server config cvars that i could have??
you could email them to me at havenocommonsense@hotmail.com

I need a list of server options in more detailed format. the ones u get with the dedicated download isnt exactly the full list.

I tring to set up a deul server but i want it very specifically set up.

I was actually started writing a program like yours before i read your post but i didnt have enough info for the server setup cvars.

I may just write it for practice anyway. well see.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 DelSol
10-02-2003, 11:38 PM
Anyone know why the ip is showing up as 10.10.10.100 which is my router ip thing, I got DMZ on and stuff what else do i need to do?
 gevurgazi
10-03-2003, 11:12 AM
First I want to thank everyone for this great thread.Creating such a community is not easy.

I will run a JA server and i don't want to disable voting system but i want to disable a specific part of it.For instance I don't want players to vote for gametypes.Is there a way to do this?

there is one more thing I want to ask.Is there anyway limit the ranks of the force.For example I don't want anybody to give grip 3 ranks.Can i forbid it?
 Inskipp
10-03-2003, 5:08 PM
Originally posted by gevurgazi
First I want to thank everyone for this great thread.Creating such a community is not easy.

I will run a JA server and i don't want to disable voting system but i want to disable a specific part of it.For instance I don't want players to vote for gametypes.Is there a way to do this?

there is one more thing I want to ask.Is there anyway limit the ranks of the force.For example I don't want anybody to give grip 3 ranks.Can i forbid it?

None of this can currently be done without a mod, as far as I know.
 DelSol
10-03-2003, 5:09 PM
inskip help me dude, how do i get thru a linksys router, i got dmz on and the ports opened, HELP
 Andy867
10-03-2003, 5:10 PM
yea, I think it would be nice to be able to change the kind of vote and enable/disable parts, like disable the ability of voting people off (THIS ISN"T SURVIVOR PEOPLE), and disable gametype changes, but keep map voting on since obviously if the map just drags on and on, people can vote to have it changed.
 Inskipp
10-03-2003, 5:14 PM
Originally posted by DelSol
inskip help me dude, how do i get thru a linksys router, i got dmz on and the ports opened, HELP

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that type of router. I have a netgear, and it seems to work by itself.
 Andy867
10-03-2003, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by DelSol

I can help ya, first after getting into the Advanced screen, go to the very bottom portion and where it says BLOCK WAN REQUEST (ENABLED by Default)... DISABLE it... Then apply for the changes to take affect. Then go to forwarding and forward ports 29070~29079 and set it for either UDP or BOTh, and then put in your IP (can be obtained by going to start => run+ cmd and typing ipconfig it will look something like 192.168.1.102 or whatever.. then click apply.. that SHOULD get your ports opened to allow for dedicated server play
 jediknight639
10-03-2003, 6:02 PM
Can somone help me on this when i do a server and 4 ppl comes in when they press k and accepts a dual the me and the other person press k for me and him is said only 2 is there a code where you can do k any time no matter if theres 2 ppl duel or not
 Prime
10-03-2003, 9:37 PM
Any tips on how to make the server as "unlaggy" as possible? I am running it off my home machine and I am playing on it as well. Are there certain things that I should set/not set that would help?

P.S. My server is called "Prime's Server". Can anyone see it in the JA duel server list? It would be nice to know if people can get on :)
 Cwell420
10-04-2003, 5:20 AM
Ok does anyone have a dlink 614 wireless dedicated server working? i had J.O. running on a linksys before but am having toubles with dlink. Also does jedi runner (Great Program by the way!) work for jedi academy?

:compcry:
 malinkie
10-04-2003, 8:34 PM
Any tips on how to make the server as "unlaggy" as possible? I am running it off my home machine and I am playing on it as well. Are there certain things that I should set/not set that would help?

P.S. My server is called "Prime's Server". Can anyone see it in the JA duel server list? It would be nice to know if people can get on

the best way to run a ded server on the same machine as playing is to make a copy of your base folder and put it somewhere else with the dedicated server executable. I'll use that one instead and allow the game you play on to use the original copy. (less laggy)

You will have to also change the port that your server uses on your machine

..\Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +set net_port 29071 +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

set the server to run on prot 29071 while your game runs on 29070.

use that for your shortcut to the dedicated server exe.
 malinkie
10-04-2003, 8:36 PM
Jedi Runner is in the process of being updated as we speak to work for JKA
 Prime
10-05-2003, 1:57 AM
Originally posted by malinkie
the best way to run a ded server on the same machine as playing is to make a copy of your base folder and put it somewhere else with the dedicated server executable. I'll use that one instead and allow the game you play on to use the original copy. (less laggy)

You will have to also change the port that your server uses on your machine

..\Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +set net_port 29071 +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

set the server to run on prot 29071 while your game runs on 29070.

use that for your shortcut to the dedicated server exe. Thanks for the tip :)
 Scythefall
10-05-2003, 3:28 PM
Jedi Academy servers simply do not show up most of the time. You have to have Gamespy Arcade to see 90% of the servers for JA. I'm shocked Raven has not moved more quickly to correct this.

Have people download Gamespy Arcade and they should be able to see your server fine. They can enter through Gamespy or they can just grab your IP and go in manually. It's free software.
 eliteone
10-05-2003, 4:04 PM
So by reading this post I'm assuming there is no way to keep one bot in the Game ? In our JK2 server I have a custom personality bot (it's a actual pk3 files) SO when I try to add it the same way to our Jedi Academy Server It gets kicked out when someone joins. Kinda defeats the purpose of a training bot if it get kicked out of the server
 Kurgan
10-05-2003, 5:48 PM
I've re-launched the Dedicated Servers help forum, and I'm moving this thread as a sticky there...
 Andy867
10-06-2003, 2:30 AM
Originally posted by Scythefall
Jedi Academy servers simply do not show up most of the time. You have to have Gamespy Arcade to see 90% of the servers for JA. I'm shocked Raven has not moved more quickly to correct this.

Have people download Gamespy Arcade and they should be able to see your server fine. They can enter through Gamespy or they can just grab your IP and go in manually. It's free software.

From my understanding on the Raven Forums, according to Kenn Hoekstra, there is a patch In the works since they are very aware of the problem of very few servers showing up, but do not email Raven asking when the patch will be out since they don't know yet.
 willeekinz
10-06-2003, 1:57 PM
 malinkie
10-07-2003, 7:45 AM
dam, now that what i call hate mail! :rolleyes:

I can see why people are angry about the in game server list being faulty but if people were just patient, then a patch will be out to fix the problem soon.

True that reaven should have fixed the problem pre-release but most of you dont understand that these companies are under great stress to release on the chosen date (or around about that). Most of the money spend developing the product will go into in the last month or so to get a release candidate. I've been under that sort of pressure before and its NOT nice!

I for one feel sympathy for Raven in that aspect.

NOW for some news relating to the topic...:thumbs1:

Before i saw the Apextwin's post about JK Runner, i was in the middle of creating a program that does just about the same thing. Its about 33% complete at the moment so i'll be trying to complete it by the end of the week.

Could you give me any idea of if u guys would be interested in this sort of program once its finished.

You MUST understand, even though Apextwin has written this stuff before, i'm a Computer Geek and i write these sort of programs just for fun. Its not going to be some amazing program, but it will do exactly wat it says on the tin. (thanks Ronseal Advert heh :) )
 TheAphextwin
10-10-2003, 11:41 PM
I have a question.

The mutliplayer maps in the game are in mp/maps but I have found a number of 3rd party maps are in /maps no mp folder. This causes a problem with my map scanner, I can add some code to handle this but want to know if all 3rd party maps will be in just /maps or can they be in either, mp/maps or /maps? Anyone care to fill me in?
 Andy867
10-11-2003, 2:20 AM
If anything, you just re-pack the custom maps so that they will load into the MP folder like

FileName Content Size Folder
duality.bsp 2,330,021b maps\MP

instead of just having it load into the base folder for maps. or something like that so that it follows the JA order of things
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-11-2003, 4:43 AM
Originally posted by eliteone
So by reading this post I'm assuming there is no way to keep one bot in the Game ? In our JK2 server I have a custom personality bot (it's a actual pk3 files) SO when I try to add it the same way to our Jedi Academy Server It gets kicked out when someone joins. Kinda defeats the purpose of a training bot if it get kicked out of the server

If you just want to have a 1 or more bots to keep a human company until more humans arrive, set bot_minplayers 2 or higher. If it is 2, the first human to join will kick 1 of the two bots, leaving one to practice with. The next human to join will kick the remaining bot, leaving two humans on the server. If one of the humans leaves, the server will add a bot to keep the total players 2 (1 human, 1 bot). It works the same for higher numbers, the server will add or kick bots to keep the number of players at the number set until the number of humans equals or exceeds bot_minplayer.

If you want to keep a particular bot on the server at all times set bot_minplayers 0, then addbot <botname>. The server will not kick the bot, no matter how many humans join.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-11-2003, 4:46 AM
Originally posted by TheAphextwin
I have a question.

The mutliplayer maps in the game are in mp/maps but I have found a number of 3rd party maps are in /maps no mp folder. This causes a problem with my map scanner, I can add some code to handle this but want to know if all 3rd party maps will be in just /maps or can they be in either, mp/maps or /maps? Anyone care to fill me in?

3rd-party map .pk3 files are usually put in the \GameData\base folder.
 malinkie
10-13-2003, 7:37 AM
yeah, wouldn't you just leave out the \maps or the \mp\maps
and just call teh pk3 file directly for d/l maps
 |GG|Carl
10-18-2003, 10:14 AM
Here is my server.cfg:

// |GG|Carl's Server Config
seta g_motd "^3Welcome to the official ^4|^2GlobensGeng^4|^3Server!"
sets "Config File" "^4|^2GG^4|^7"
seta sv_hostname "^4|^2GlobensGeng^4|^3Server"
sets "Admin" "^4|^2GG^4|^3Carl^7"
sets "Clan" "^4|^2GlobensGeng^4|"
sets ".Configured By" "^4|^2GG^4|^3Carl^7, Gothenburg, Sweden"
seta sv_maxclients "13"
seta sv_privateClients "2"
seta sv_privatePassword "****"
seta rconPassword "****"
seta sv_maxPing "800"
seta com_HunkMegs "32"
seta sv_minclients "2"
seta sv_maxRate "10000"
seta sv_minPing "0"
seta g_forcerespawn "3"
seta sv_fps "50"
seta com_zoneMegs "16"
seta com_SoundMegs "16"
seta sv_reconnectlimit "3"
seta g_warmup "0"
seta sv_zombietime "30"
seta g_dismember "100"
seta g_maxForceRank "7"
seta g_allowvote "0" // 0=no vote, 1=vote
seta sv_allowDownload "1" // 1 turns this on, 0 turns it off
seta sv_allowAnonymous "0"
seta g_doWarmup "0"
seta sv_floodProtect "1"
seta g_friendlyfire "0"
seta sv_pure "0"
seta g_synchronousclients "0"
seta g_privateDuel "1"
seta g_saberLocking "1"
seta g_weaponDisable "0" // 0 = play with weapons
seta g_forcePowerDisable "0"
seta g_ForceRegenTime "1"
seta g_debugmelee "1" // debug melee
seta g_saberLockFactor "6"
seta sv_timeout "100"

// gametypes
// 0 = FFA
// 3 = DUEL one on one tournament
// 4 = POWER DUEL
// 6 = TEAM DEATHMATCH
// 7 = SIEGE
// 8 = CTF

set g_gametype 0

set timelimit 0
set fraglimit 50
set capturelimit 10
set g_autoMapCycle 0

//MAPS:

//map mp/CTF1 //Imperial Drop Zone
//map mp/CTF2 //Hoth Wasteland
//map mp/CTF3 //Yavin Hilltops
//map mp/CTF4 //Coruscant Streets
//map mp/CTF5 //Factory

//map mp/duel1 //Bespin Courtyard
//map mp/duel2 //Generator Room
//map mp/duel3 //Imperial Shaft
//map mp/duel4 //Imperial Control Room
//map mp/duel5 //Taspir Landing
//map mp/duel6 //Yavin Training Area
//map mp/duel7 //Rancor Pit
//map mp/duel8 //Abandoned City
//map mp/duel9 //Hoth Canyon
//map mp/duel10 //Vjun Fuel Processing

//map kotor_flight_school //the kotor_flight_school map
//map wampajoust //the wampajoust map
//map rancormad //the arena of the rancor map
map matrix_reloaded //matrix reloaded map
//map mp/FFA1 //Vjun Sentinel
//map mp/FFA2 //Korriban Tombs
//map mp/FFA3 //Totooine City
//map mp/FFA4 //Rift Sanctuary
//map mp/FFA5 //Taspir

//map mp/Siege_hoth //Hoth Attack
//map mp/Siege_desert //Desert Rescue
//map mp/Siege_korriban //Korriban Valley

//EOF

It might help someone.
 majortom1969
10-23-2003, 5:49 PM
hey
we got our own clan server
but it was public for a while
now its like 3 weeks running continually
any 1 know how to reset it ?

we got the rcon of course

thx in advance
 Kamikaze Gerbil
10-23-2003, 9:25 PM
Anyone now how to set the maps to rotate after a set time has passed even if no players are on ther server?
 Amidala from Chop Shop
10-24-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Kamikaze Gerbil
Anyone now how to set the maps to rotate after a set time has passed even if no players are on ther server?

That's not possible. You can always change the map manually using rcon.
 young Obi-Wan
10-24-2003, 9:58 AM
I got following problem: when I type /status or /map_restart, it says "server is not running" ... what to do?
(I logged in with RCON on our clanserver)
 Andy867
10-24-2003, 2:03 PM
Originally posted by young Obi-Wan
I got following problem: when I type /status or /map_restart, it says "server is not running" ... what to do?
(I logged in with RCON on our clanserver)

After using the /rconpassword *password* for every command you issue, you need to have the /rcon in front of the command or the game wont know what you are trying to do (in your view)
 Kamikaze Gerbil
10-24-2003, 7:33 PM
Is there away to after once side has lost/won a siege game have everyone switch sides and play the map again then after that game move on to the next map in the list?
 dood
10-24-2003, 7:35 PM
I got guestion:

I wont disable a forces but not every one. For exacly I wont desable only: grip, speed and seeing- how can I do that? ... and I wont change level some forces, is it posible?
 |GG|Carl
11-18-2003, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by Kamikaze Gerbil
Is there away to after once side has lost/won a siege game have everyone switch sides and play the map again then after that game move on to the next map in the list?
That's the default setting, so you don't have to do anything.
 Andy867
11-19-2003, 5:41 PM
Originally posted by dood
I got guestion:

I wont disable a forces but not every one. For exacly I wont desable only: grip, speed and seeing- how can I do that? ... and I wont change level some forces, is it posible?

i think the command you use if forcetoggle and it lists which numerical value represents the force power, and just use PageUp and down and individually disable/enable the ones ya want.
 Catscratch
08-20-2004, 1:07 PM
what about the server is not able to show W/L in game when you press TAB ?

I thought it was related to the frag_limit, duel_fraglimit settings but it doesn't help if i change them.
 RDX1
08-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Catscratch
what about the server is not able to show W/L in game when you press TAB ?

It's not possible
 Botch
10-29-2005, 4:27 PM
I've got a question.

I have a router and I've set up the ports 29069-29071 to come to my computer's IP. When I start a dedicated server with +set net_port 29071 +set dedicated 2 I see it in the local list (which is right I guess). But, is it ok to see my computer's internal IP in the list? Not the external?
 princessa
11-01-2006, 6:49 PM
I started a dedicated server on my computer and I connect to it fine and all...but others don't. They can't see it. ...Please help.
Page: 2 of 2