Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dismemberment PLEASE!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Papersbish
09-18-2003, 11:13 PM
I have been looking for hours and tried many things to enable a dismemberment feature with no luck. I want the good old JK2 lightsaber action not this nerfsaber of Jedi Academy full version.

If you have solid info on how to enable dismemberment like in JK2 please post. Spare us all codes unless you know for sure it works.
 AnArKey
09-19-2003, 12:43 AM
As far as I know, it's g_sabermorerealistic 1, but I can't activate it. Says "write protected" even with devmapall or helpusobi 1.

I can get it to work by editing the main CFG file, but the second I load a level, it switches it back to 0.
 Chuahtemoc
09-19-2003, 12:51 AM
lolol

g_dismemberment 1 is the new command.

the old comand is accesible by typing /hash g_saberrealisticcombat 1

as far as i know they are the same thing, i mean you can scale them, if you type in g_dismemberment 5 then itll be more often than g_dismemberment 1. in fact i think 1 is the default value.
 Kurgan
09-19-2003, 7:00 AM
It would be nice to know which is the exact one to use when.

I spent hours fiddling with it and don't even remember anymore...

I do know that when I play SP now (Full version) I can only cut off hands and legs or arms occasionly. But in MP I cut off heads, torsos, etc 9 out of every 10 saber kills.

So I must have the MP one right, but not the SP one.. hmm..
 geddiesburg
09-19-2003, 12:15 PM
You boys are going to have to fool with the .cfg files to turn up dismemberment. If you feel comfortable doing this than I'll tell you how, but while you are in there, you can change the way enemies fight (defence/offence changes, saberlock chances, etc.) If you want to know how than I'll tell you.

Andrew
 Wintercrazy
09-19-2003, 3:51 PM
Please do tell, because I've been trying unsucessfully to figure out how to do it via the console for two days. Many thanks.
 Kurgan
09-19-2003, 7:16 PM
Ah, sort of like the enyak_mutilate mod eh?

Speaking of which, I wonder if that will run in JA (goes off to try)... though I theorize that it may only work with the JK2 enemies that are in JA.
 Lord Storm
09-20-2003, 12:26 AM
I enabled dismemberment through the options within the game. Just about everytime I kill something with the saber a body part falls off. Pretty cool.
 Tsunami231
09-20-2003, 12:33 AM
hope fully after the first patch this problem and may other including the mp ones are fix
 Rassick
09-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Look no further than this thread for all your dismemberment needs. :) http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111853)
Page: 1 of 1