Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saber hit detection still the buggy JKII 1.04 system

Page: 1 of 1
 Destino
09-18-2003, 1:05 PM
I finally found a server where I didn't ping 500 and noticed the same old saber issues.

- Blocking thru your back
- Saber goes thru people with no effect at time

etc etc

Can they reduce the defense and increase the detection please. Saber duels should be an exact science not a guessing game! In the first version of JKII you couldn't block anything but at least you knew when you hit or didn't. In this game it seems random.

Raven please fix this!
 NITEMARE
09-18-2003, 2:19 PM
that is a serious issue. what ping did you have while testing? everything above 90ms is to laggy to make such statements. i know what you are talking about, we had 80-100 ping and sometimes the saber did not have the right effect while hitting. that was a big problem for our duel league. without fair fights there can be no sport.

i will have a better connection installed soon, and then i should have pings like 30-50. that should be optimal...
 Rad Blackrose
09-18-2003, 2:24 PM
Also, are the ghoul2 engine commands still leftover from JKII? If so, try using those and see what you can come up with.
 Kurgan
09-18-2003, 4:30 PM
Lag is a big factor in this, but there are console commands to adjust the hit detection, locational damage, blocking, and saber damage.

I suggest you check those out and experiment. You just might be able to fix it yourself without having to beg for a patch from Raven....

; )
Page: 1 of 1