Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EB-Australia: Been delayed 3 times now

Page: 1 of 1
 Slyuss
09-17-2003, 5:11 AM
G'day,
I'm one of many who have preordered Jedi Academy from Electronics Boutique in Australia.
I pre-ordered it weeks ago and they said it would be released on the 13th. I thought it was too good to be true, but I took their word for it.
Then I call up today (17th) and the guy says it'll be in later today or early tomorrow morning. :lightning:
Juuuuuust to make sure I called up later... but ooooppppsss... Its been delayed until monday now!!! (22nd):evil6::evil6::evil6:

I've been like a kid on the day before christmas twice now!! What the hell kinda crappy organisation are these guys running.:firemad::firemad::firemad:

I'm wondering if any other Aussies are having the same trouble and are as GOD DAMN FRUSTRATED as me!? :swear: :swear: :swear:
 Shaggy1984
09-17-2003, 6:36 AM
Nope, I picked up my copy a couple of hours ago. It's odd that your EB hasnt got them in, I got it from toombul qld, if your in that area.
 Slyuss
09-17-2003, 6:42 AM
I'm in Melbourne... EB has been screwin me around for a week now!

hehehehe, oh well... looks like its a sign... its telling me... GET THAT ESSAY DONE!!! :laughing:
 Shaggy1984
09-17-2003, 6:48 AM
Yeah true hey, I just got through a bulk of uni essays. My next piece of assessment isnt due for about 4 weeks. Smoooooth :D

But yeah, melbourne. They'd have alot more EB's than qld, maybe you can try another store?
 Deity333
09-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Yeah, picked mine up this afternoon from the EB in Myer centre, Brisbane. Had around 10 or so copies left, and they ran out of another newly released PC game *cough* Homeworld 2 *cough*.
Costs AU$89.95 though, bloody EB, I shoulda ordered it from topshop.com.au where it would $78.70. Grrr.
 aXoe
09-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Not in australia but damn... delayed that long?? Sheesh that must suck i mean i n greece we get it one day before the brits do suckers!!! Dont worry by the time you do get it theyll be servers up and running like no body knows. Speaking of essays thanks for reminding me should get it done before the weekend too :swear: grrr. Sydney is the capital of aussietralia, but shouldnt they get the copy before the rest of the country does? Seems logical
 SlapNut
09-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by aXoe
Sydney is the capital of aussietralia,

um... did i read that right? the capital of australia is canberra idiot, and sydney doesnt even play footy for gods sake.

anyway, when can i go to my local harvey norman (Perth) and get JA?
 defalc
09-17-2003, 12:40 PM
Calm slapnut. At least he spelt Sydney right. Though come on, Aussietralia??

My EB *should* have got it today. If anyone there wants to live. :fett:
 Andy867
09-17-2003, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by defalc
Calm slapnut. At least he spelt Sydney right. Though come on, Aussietralia??

My EB *should* have got it today. If anyone there wants to live. :fett:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if LucasArts sent a little note to the EB around the world saying that they were NOT to distribute ANY copies (although some have) until Sept 19th.
 Astrotoy7
09-17-2003, 2:38 PM
Yeah, Damn that EB ! Those knuckleheads at EB near my place(NW subs) dont know mud from diarrhoea. This EB especially really ires me. You get some fat dude or dippy chick who look it up on their magic computer and obviously dont know s**t, totally unawares of the pain the SW gamer is experiencing.

But, I will survive.

But, if that fat EB dude keeps downin those burgers, he won't be survivin for as much as he would like...

I hope to get it today(the 18th, also my birthday!)

MTFBWYA

**the people caricatured in this post do not exist, any EB that actually has a fat dude working in it is entirely coincidental**
 Astrotoy7
09-18-2003, 8:52 AM
Ha !

This morning, I was woken at about 9.30am, the EB calling me to tell me my copy was in...............
 Sakren
09-18-2003, 9:07 AM
I'm going down to Harvey Norman joondalup (thats in Perth) tomorrow to see if they got it in.. they should do.
 kymosabe
09-18-2003, 9:23 AM
Originally posted by Sakren
I'm going down to Harvey Norman joondalup (thats in Perth) tomorrow to see if they got it in.. they should do.

I don't know when it came out, but EB Perth had it yesterday. Quite a few copies too.
 Slyuss
09-18-2003, 10:57 AM
haha, my story continues!!!

I rang up EBs in Northland and Chadston. They had copies on the shelves and selling like hotcakes.

I call EB in Doncaster (BTW, all these places are shopping centers) and they said they didn't have it in. They thought it was gunna be delivered sometime either in the arvo or mornin.
OK, I took their word for it...
I ring up in the mornin, they say its gunna be in the arvo.
I ring up in the Arvo, they say its gunna be in the mornin...

WHY DID I PREORDER IT FROM GOD DAMN DONCASTER!!!????

If I buy it from Northland I lose $20 and gain a few days... aint worth it... but I'm pullin my damn hair out WAITIN FOR IT!!!

:firemad::firemad::firemad::firemad::firemad:
 Reclaimer
09-18-2003, 11:01 AM
I got mine from Wal-Mart. Me EB Game didn't have anything.

Weird isn't it?
Page: 1 of 1