Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

.NPC files and full version sound file in demo? **SPOILERS**

Page: 1 of 1
 shukrallah
09-16-2003, 1:18 AM
NOTE: All of this came from the demo! For some reason, they included all the full version NPC files, without the models. To look at them go to your folder where the demo is, and find the assets0.pk3 file, open it with winzip (most people know this) and everything im talking about is there.

**BIG SPOILERS** I hope no one has posted this already.. or im wasting a lot of time.

Boba Fett

I know, he has been talked about, but im going to add to what has already been said

If you look at his NPC file, it appears that he has 4 weapons! Melee, rocket launcher, disrupter rifle, and a blaster. Sounds like a good opponent, but ive never seen a NPC switch weapons. Another thing, why not just pull the weapons away from him?

Monsters (rancors, wampas, etc)

You can ride on rancors, wampas, and other "things" If you look at the npc files, there are some called "rancor_vehicle" things like that. Also, if you load the Rancor.npc file up, (NPC files can be loaded in Notepad) you see theres a mutated rancor with 10,000 health!

Reborn Aliens?

if you look, theres a few NPCs called reborntrandoshan, rebornweequay, and rebornrodian. The model is the alen's model, but look, their weapon is a lightsaber! Cool :D

ships

Theres also the NPC files for ships/rideable things (vehicles)

Xwing
Z-95
YT-1300
Taun Taun
Wild Taun Taun (whats the difference?)
ATST
Rancor
Wampa
Tie Fighter!!!
Tie Bomber!!!
Swoop (if you load its files, you see there are different colors, Gold, Blue, Green, etc...)

Think thats all

Jedi

Different Jedi, kool. The normal Jedi (with the beard) has a single blade lightsaber, while the Jedi Trainer (the model with the hair thing on his head) has 2 purple lightsabers, and even a Jedi Master, who has a green 2 handed saber. Nothing special

Ok, as for that sound file (not sure, i might have just missed this in the demo, but load up the 1.mp3 file, it has kyle talking about something, but i didnt hear it in the demo) Could they have forgotten to take it out?

I could be wrong about some of this info, but if you look at the .NPC files, this sure looks right... sorry if it was already posted.
 JarJarBinks
09-16-2003, 1:30 AM
Already knew about this.

I wonder how you're going to ride the wampa though.

And I think you mean 2.mp3, 1.mp3 is just luke talking about the acadamy.

But 2.mp3 is kyle talking about how something tore apart some shuttle.
 kel-dor male
09-16-2003, 1:37 AM
Where did you find these?
 JarJarBinks
09-16-2003, 1:38 AM
Read the begining of his post...
 kel-dor male
09-16-2003, 2:18 AM
I did what you said, but all that happend was it locking my computer up, maybe can you PM it to me.
 Sam
09-16-2003, 2:25 AM
Whats a wampa......
 JarJarBinks
09-16-2003, 2:26 AM
Originally posted by Sam
Whats a wampa......

http://www.starwars.jp/creature/image/wampa.jpg)
http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/wampa/index.html)

Ever see Empire Strikes Back?
 StormHammer
09-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I've already looked in the assets pak. :p

As I've said in another thread, just keep in mind that not everything that is listed will be in the full game. Some of it they may have started coding in, then ditched, and other stuff is a hangover from Jedi Outcast.

Other than that, there are some tasty morsels of information in there. I can't wait to play this game. :D
Page: 1 of 1