Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New review (Gamespot) *spoilers*

Page: 1 of 1
 BuRn
09-16-2003, 1:07 AM
new review at gamespot. they gave it an 8.4 (which would mean a 9 for other sites). they give it a pretty good review saying it was better than outcast in almost every category. one thing disconcerted me

If you choose the fast stance, as previously mentioned, you can't learn the strong stance. You can only learn all three stances if you stick with the single saber.

there are alot of spoilers so be careful while reading it
 Dark Lord Vader
09-16-2003, 1:20 AM
Wait a second... Aren't all 3 stances with the single saber?

So you're saying you can't learn all 3 if you start with fast? But then you said you CAN learn all 3 with single saber? :confused:
 xtrazx75
09-16-2003, 1:27 AM
A very good Review. Gamespot did a good job summing up JA's good and bad points. Their main concern was that the graphics are considered "dated" if you compare them to the games coming out now - but this voids itself because they go on to say that it may be a plus because you don't need a super-high end computer to enjoy this great game. They said the single-player game is outstanding and the Multiplayer will keep you coming back for more. They highly recommend it to ALL action gamers, not just Star Wars fans.
 mariners2001
09-16-2003, 1:30 AM
One thing I liked:

Even if you manage to throw someone off a ledge, you aren't rewarded for the kill.

That should help stop the push/grip whores. And I'm all for that.
 Leo Soontar
09-16-2003, 1:43 AM
Yes, Gamespot did a pretty good job but they should pay more attention to details such as "Force Grip", not Grab.

Only minor quirks, nothing to dish about, though would be better if avoided.

Good job to Gamspot, IGN, and all the other early reviewers giving us heightened excitements to the already climaxed tension.
 Leo Soontar
09-16-2003, 1:44 AM
whoa, what did i just say? why do i sound so poetic today?

:confused:
 BuRn
09-16-2003, 1:52 AM
no, what they were saying is that you cant pick all 3 single saber stances unless you stay with the single saber over dual and lightstaff
 mariners2001
09-16-2003, 2:00 AM
Originally posted by BuRn
no, what they were saying is that you cant pick all 3 single saber stances unless you stay with the single saber over dual and lightstaff

and i think that's more than fair...hopefully it'll be balanced like that in MP too
 StormHammer
09-16-2003, 9:48 AM
That's a good review. A few more tasty spoilers to whet the appetite. ;)
Page: 1 of 1