Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Ultimate SW Question

Page: 1 of 1
 jedispy
09-07-2003, 7:33 AM
O.k. so it comes down to this.
Anyone who is anyone in the Star Wars community knows the core fundamentals of Star Wars. We Star Warriors know the approximate odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field. We know what color eyes Ellors Madak had in SW ANH, and what species he is. We know Jabba the Hutt's full clan name. We know the name of the Bith jazz band in the Mos Eisley cantina, and the actual name of the song that they were playing when Obi-Wan et al entered. We know about the town in central Washington state named "Vader." We get the jokes behind the THX logo and and Leia's holding cell 1138. We are the supreme masters of knowledge, the omniscient immortals of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.

I know the answers to all these things, and yet one thing still escapes me. This one thing is the secret of the ages, the very tome of knowledge that we Star Warriors hunt for like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

This one piece of knowledge? Behold the question for which there may be no answer: What is Yoda's species? :eek: :yodac:

O.k. so maybe I'm a little obsessive, but I can't find any information on the species of Yoda. He is not the only one of his species. In SW:TPM we see Yaddle as a member of the Jedi Council. I know that on starwars.com they say "species: unknown." What I'm wondering is if there was anything ever written that stated his/their species.

Jedispy :yelhelp:
 Lynk Former
09-07-2003, 9:21 AM
That information HAS NOT been revealed yet. Lucas himself doesn't even know.

Oh and can you tell us about those other lil facts you know about? lol
 coupes.
09-07-2003, 4:27 PM
I already answered you in that other SW questions thread. We don't know, nobody knows, not even GL. Also don't expect to know when you come out of the theater in 2005, you still won't know. That information is not important, really, in fact I think it adds to the mistery surrounding Yoda.
 jedispy
09-08-2003, 2:44 AM
.:CoupeS:. Thanks for the info. I forgot which other threads I've posted in. Of course it is important. I'm going insane here. Heh...well maybe not. I suppose so. I just was not sure if there was some old publication (that Lucas would disavow most likely) that mentioned it.

1. We Star Warriors know the approximate odds of successfully navigating an asteroid field.
Approximately 3,720 to 1 according to C-3PO in ESB

We know what color eyes Ellors Madak had in SW ANH, and what species he is.
Ellors Madak is one of the aliens in the Mos Eisley cantina in ANH. He is what is called a Duros. Apparently this is also the same species as the Nemoidians in TPM and AOTC (Trade Federation). Ellors Madak's eyes were red.

We know Jabba the Hutt's full clan name.

Jabba Desilijic Tiure. This is presented in both the Tales from Mos Eisley and in the Han Solo Trilogy.

We know the name of the Bith jazz band in the Mos Eisley cantina, and the actual name of the song that they were playing when Obi-Wan et al entered.

The name of the band is "Figrin Dan and the Model Nodes. The name of the song they were playing is called "Mad About Me." On the Star Wars soundtrack it was called "Cantina Band."

We know about the town in central Washington state named "Vader."

This is true. I have been there.

We get the jokes behind the THX logo and and Leia's holding cell 1138.

One of George Lucas' early science fiction movies was named "THX 1138." I can't remember the plot of the story and I have never really seen it myself. Nevertheless I hear it is of the calibur that makes MST3K canon.

We are the supreme masters of knowledge, the omniscient immortals of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.

I have had friends challenge me to Star Wars Trivial Pursuit with the words "I want a piece of Carlson!!" They all have failed.
(note the name presented has been changed to protect the insane...er...I mean innocent)

Jedispy
 leXX
09-08-2003, 7:14 AM
We do know who his Mum and Dad are however. GL said that he is the illegitimate child of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. ;) So, as I've said in another thread of mine some time ago, I think his species is Oggy. :D
 Lynk Former
09-08-2003, 7:39 AM
oh sweet jebus!!......................... *runs away*
 coupes.
09-08-2003, 12:06 PM
anyone remember that guy claiming Yoda was a really old and used wookiee? He wrote like 2 or 3 pages full of text trying to convince us... that was kinda dufus.

I'll try and find the thread...

mods don't worry about the bumping of old thread, as far as I remember it was locked so it won't happen. ;)

edit: got it! linko (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89838)
The guy put sooo much thought in that as well as sooo much time, so I give him some credit, still pretty funny though.
 Sivy
09-08-2003, 12:36 PM
yoda is a muppet

:D

a trading card once said he was a 'Lannik', but that is of course unofficial.
also 'Whill' did the rounds but that had come from a unreliable website.

i don't think we'll ever find out what species yoda is.

maybe he is a mutation of another species. like gollum's prolonged exposure to the ring turned almost frog-like. maybe yoda's long life and exposure to the force turned him into what we see today.

who knows
 pleto4_ryan
09-08-2003, 3:50 PM
Well, maybe Yoda was never borned and was just made in thin air ;)
 swphreak
09-08-2003, 5:15 PM
I thought leia's holding cell was AA-23... but I haven't watched the OT in like.. forever. Maybe I'll watch them again sometime.

And Here's a Lannik (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/evenpiell/)
 coupes.
09-09-2003, 3:10 AM
I think you're right. If I remember correctly, it's luke or han that sais something like : "prisonner transfer from cell block 1138."

but still, it was in there somewhere.
 jedispy
09-10-2003, 4:42 AM
The detention block was AA-23. Luke said that Chewie was a prisoner transfer from detention clock AA-23. After the shoot out, Han (disguised as stormtrooper TK-422) looked at the detention block roster and saw that Leia was in cell 1138.

StarWarsPhreak, that is a good source. As it says in the behind the scenes note:
Though there are superficial resemblances to Yoda (small build, long ears), Piell was not intended to be the same species as the centuries old Jedi Master.

Jedispy
 Shado Vorn
10-03-2003, 2:05 PM
In the Knights Of the Old Republic game for Xbox and the PC. There is a character from the same race as Yoda but came before his time. Since Yoda lived for so long, I wonder if the character was his daddy? I think Yoda's just a cross breed of a gammorrian and E.T. who knows ... Lucas knows ... but he aint telling!

Maybe Yoda is just the materialization of the Force. They just made him look funny in the process.

I give props ahead of time to anyone who can find out his race before everyone else, if it is possible that is.
 Sivy
10-03-2003, 2:26 PM
you know the biggest question about star wars for me isn't what yoda's species is.. but what the hell do jawas look like?

:jawa
 Shado Vorn
10-03-2003, 4:02 PM
Or Sand people for that matter ...
 Jedi_Monk
10-04-2003, 5:09 AM
My pet theory is that Yoda is a freakishly-giant midi-chlorian. Yes, people, there are tens-of-thousands of little teeny-tiny Yodas living in Anakin's cells and telling him stuff like, "Mmm... Wars not make one great!" and "Ooo, good cook, am I!"

Anyway, I knew the answer to five of your seven questions, and I can breat the snot out of all of my friends at SW Trivial Pursuit, as well.

And I believe I read in an SWI that Jawas look like giant rodents.
 Katarn07
10-04-2003, 9:24 PM
Originally posted by jedispy
The detention block was AA-23. Luke said that Chewie was a prisoner transfer from detention clock AA-23. After the shoot out, Han (disguised as stormtrooper TK-422) looked at the detention block roster and saw that Leia was in cell 1138.

StarWarsPhreak, that is a good source. As it says in the behind the scenes note:

Jedispy

Reverse your facts there ;) Prisoner transfer from cell block 1138. The princess was in AA-23. The actual cell was 2187. No, I am not proud I know stuff like that. Fortunately it is limited to OT. The other song the Cantina Band plays is called 'Girl From Mars' (not in the SW universe of course ;))

Yoda should never have his species revealed. Yaddle and the Yoda-like Jedi master in KotOR were bad ideas, also, IMO. And if his species ever must be told, it'd better be 'Whill' just because the meaning of it is so cool :cool:
 Akin
10-12-2003, 4:28 AM
I've read somewhere that,and i qoute:
"Yoda is a Whill from a planet called Grentarik"
But since Lucas has not given out that information it's probably just bulls**t.
But hey,just thougt i would share ;)
 LDB_modeski
10-13-2003, 11:22 AM
Here's a theory....

In the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it says that the Jatravatid people of Viltvodel VI believe that the entire universe was sneezed out of the nose of a being they called "The Great Green Arkleseizure"

(excuse any spelling errors, I'm reciting from memory).

I postulate that Yoda is the last remnant of the GGA, which was destroyed by the coming of the Great White Handkerchief.

Next time you blow your nose and examine the contents, feel the force and ask "what if?..."

Yoda: Speaking Clock (lol) (http://www.limmy.com/speakingclocks/yoda/)
 Darth Rythe
10-18-2003, 6:53 AM
I doubt we will ever know for sure.
 Miko_lover
10-22-2003, 4:14 PM
After much intense research, I have concluded Yoda doesn't even know his own specise.

Spelling error. Too bad.
 MennoniteHobbit
11-17-2003, 6:47 PM
yoda is a Force mum- or dad. he monitors and knows all. he is of the species "muppetus omniscientius."
yoda is a muppet
 Hermie
12-03-2003, 2:46 PM
never-before-seen clip from ESB, script follows:

Luke: why do you talk so weird?
Yoda: talk weird, you would too, if you had Frank Oz'es hand up your arse :rhett:
 Doomie
04-25-2004, 4:45 PM
In the beginning, Yoda's bame was Whill. when it became known to the outside world, people started thinking yoda's species is a whill. and perhaps it is.
 SkullHW™
04-25-2004, 4:49 PM
He looks like a green type morphobian.
 Deeo
04-26-2004, 5:32 AM
Yes.

There was also that character in Knights of the Old Republic. The Jedi Master guy. Haha. Funny lil' guy. His left eye would blink first and then his right eye. Haha.
 ET Warrior
04-28-2004, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by Shado Vorn
I think Yoda's just a cross breed of a gammorrian and E.T.

I have never, EVER had sex witha Gammorean, thank you very much.
 dark jedi 8
04-28-2004, 8:50 PM
i think you misunderstood, it was the gammorrian that had sex with you... gese, whats the big deal?:D gotta lay off the parties....:p
 BobaJango
04-29-2004, 12:59 AM
T'was jedi master Vandar from Knights of the Old Republic. He was a senile (insert species name that nobody has a clue wtf it actually is here) who is related to yoda.
 Darth Rythe
04-29-2004, 6:48 AM
Originally posted by Siv
you know the biggest question about star wars for me isn't what yoda's species is.. but what the hell do jawas look like?

:jawa

I have a book here called: Star Wars THE VISUAL DICTIONARY. (many probably have it.)

I qoute on page 55 about Jawas

Their glowing eyes help them see in the dark crevices where they hide, and their rodent-like faces are remarkable ugly.

Their you go Siv, eat you heart out:D
 LukeKatarn
04-29-2004, 7:37 AM
Originally posted by Siv

:D

maybe he is a mutation of another species. like gollum's prolonged exposure to the ring turned almost frog-like. maybe yoda's long life and exposure to the force turned him into what we see today.

who knows I think Kirmet went to endor and marryed a Ewok but Kirmet absorbed Genes feom the Ewok then marryed Piggy.

(Yeah I know that will never happen )
 Sabretooth
04-30-2004, 8:35 AM
Yoda's species is called Whill. I've heard it everywhere. GL knows it too, but he's holding it back for some stupid reason. Perhaps the secrets shall be revealed in EP3?
 Darth Rythe
04-30-2004, 9:01 AM
Whill?

Never heard that before.
 ET Warrior
05-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by sabretooth
Yoda's species is called Whill. I've heard it everywhere. GL knows it too, but he's holding it back for some stupid reason. Perhaps the secrets shall be revealed in EP3?

Won't you feel silly when Lucas releases the info and it's not Whill, and you'll be like, crap, i'm wrong. And then you'll cry yourself to sleep.
 El Sitherino
05-04-2004, 1:07 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Won't you feel silly when Lucas releases the info and it's not Whill, and you'll be like, crap, i'm wrong. And then you'll cry yourself to sleep. :rofl:
 Doomie
05-05-2004, 5:08 AM
Ellors Madak is one of the aliens in the Mos Eisley cantina in ANH. He is what is called a Duros. Apparently this is also the same species as the Nemoidians in TPM and AOTC (Trade Federation). Ellors Madak's eyes were red.

Those trade federation guys where Neimodians, but i agree they look a bit like Duros. But they aren't the same. And, if we're getting picky anyway, i think it's Figrin D'an, not Dan. But that could be a mistake...

And now, for a new ultimate question: What do Tusken raiders look like without their masks?
 Darth Rythe
05-05-2004, 5:32 AM
My book doesn't say.
NEXT QUESTION!
 swphreak
05-05-2004, 6:31 AM
Tuskens are actually mutated sacks of rags and towels.
 Darth Rythe
05-05-2004, 6:47 AM
*Hits phreak with wet fish*

Next question.
 Deeo
05-05-2004, 4:39 PM
Actually, you see them without their mask in Dark Forces: Jedi Knight I believe. On the 3rd level all you fight are Tuskens and a random Rodian out of nowhere.
 Darth Rythe
05-06-2004, 3:30 AM
No, the thermal detonator people are a different species.
(If that is who your talking about)
 Deeo
05-06-2004, 9:41 PM
Well, I read somewhere that Tuskens are what Sand People really are. Sand People are just Sand Tuskens and so forth.
 Doomie
05-09-2004, 3:25 PM
Actually, you see them without their mask in Dark Forces: Jedi Knight I believe. On the 3rd level all you fight are Tuskens and a random Rodian out of nowhere.
WEll, JK 1's graphics are so blocky and pixely that you can hardly recognize anything in it. Compare 'real life' Kyle to game Kyle. look nothing alike.

And if i'm right, the 'thermal detonator people' are Gran, you mean those three-eyed goatfaces right?
Page: 1 of 1