Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What kind of duels are you hoping for?

Page: 1 of 1
 shmacdonald's
09-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Just wondering what everyone hopes dueling will be like in JA. Basically I'm hoping every style of play will be balanced. If I decide to use one saber I'd like matches against dual saberists to be fair. I'd like to be able to win matches against kickers with the saber instead of being forced to resort to kicking as well. I know it took a certain amount of skill to win kicking matches but it took a lot more to win with sabers in JO. Am I the only one who thought it was unfair for those of us who chose to use the saber to have no chance against decent kickers?
 Kurgan
09-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Well, there are some excellent anti-kicking guides posted on Outcast Strategy, so people had no excuse about that one really.
; )

I think some people complained about stuff that they hadn't learned to counter. I don't think JA will be any more whiner friendly... in fact, it should have many more things to whine about.

Don't get me wrong, I think it will be balanced, it will just require people to learn the counters to moves.

No offense!

I think the duels will be great.. much closer to the Bushido Blade games.... and I really enjoyed those.
 Kagami
09-07-2003, 1:01 AM
Gee I never realised that were guides on saber combat..better go have a lookie....time to have revenge....:D
 TiBo
09-07-2003, 1:04 AM
Well its not that easy to hit guys with kicking with the staff, so maybe it is the only kind of kicking in the game now. I have noticed the wall-backflip is exectued differently.
 Andy867
09-07-2003, 6:18 AM
I want a duel that will last long.. like this one duel I had with a guy that lasted like 15 minutes and there really wasn't much we could do since we were equally matched since we fought each other so much in previous duels... Finally he ended up catching me after I tried the yellow stance twirl move and he stuck his saber in and took away the rest of my 20 health... Let's just say a lot of people were glad to see me die... lol

I just hope for the same caliber in JA MP that I had with RavenSoul in Outcast.
 Luc Solar
09-07-2003, 7:36 AM
I hope duels will be fast and furious. I hope you'll pay for your mistakes. I hope ff duels won't become draining/healing-marathons. My mouse hopes saber locks will be different.

When two equally skilled people fight, duels *will* take a long time. Still sabers/gun/force can and should be deadly enough to destroy a newbie opponent in 0.2 seconds. :)
Page: 1 of 1