Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK:JA@Giga Games

Page: 1 of 1
 WickedClown
09-04-2003, 5:14 PM
I've just checked www.giga.de) and saw something really interesting while looking at the Games section (remember eddie wan kenobi?):

It says that Obi-Wan'd be proud of them because they control the force...

Maybe they're going to just show some pics or a trailer, but it doesn't sound like that to me...
I plan to watch it (about 1 or 2 takes pc), so I'll see if they really play the demo (if it came with the friday update, they could be playing it today...).
Thought that was interesting and most of you probably don't look at that site.

Please don't kill me if it ain't the demo :D
 Kurgan
09-04-2003, 5:36 PM
If they do another show like they did for JK2, hopefully they'll turn the SW geek atmosphere up just as high with the costumes and jokes.

Ah memories... ; )
 WickedClown
09-04-2003, 5:59 PM
Hm, let's hope so...

btw: anybody has a movie of that Eddie Wan-action or knows where to dl it?
Didn't see it, unfortunately...

edit: ok, it's on...Carsten showed the game and said it'd be on the show from 22.00h (dьsseldorf-time....)

Good chance for the demo to come tomorrow -.-
 Kurgan
09-05-2003, 9:23 AM
We're all hoping. Either this Friday (today, it's 5am here) or next Friday.

Anyway, I would love to see what they're putting out, but here's a crapstatic (babel fish) translation of their posted preview.

Sounds like they're not using the final version of the game though, sadly.

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy @ GIGA GAMES (Etienne) I feels a vibration of power. That is not because of my rather moderate lunch, but rather at the operational readiness level of the newest "Jedi of Knight" part. In "Jedi Academy" meet you as beginning Jedi knights on so some old acquaintance. Today we have a nearly finished version of "star Wars - Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy "receive. I could play unfortunately only very briefly, therefore a completely short Ersteindruck. Differently than with the predecessors there is a new main character in "Jedi Academy": Instead of striking itself with Kyle Katarn by hordes/hurdles from storm troops to, slips you in the newest "Jedi Knight" part into the role of a young Padawans, which would like to be trained at the Jedi academy as a Jedi knight. An easy task, because its teacher is not personal no smaller than hatch Skywalker, which sends its Padawan on in or other dangerous mission. Which already announced itself on the basis the numerous Previews and Screenshots, proves to be true also in the play: The focus is less on shootings and search mysteries, because on violent laser sword duels and jump passages. However "Jedi Academy" is still a Egoshooter. Friends of hot fire fights and thick Wummen come naturally at their expense. But the Macher wanted to increase probably above all the long-term motivation. Thus "Jedi Academy" surprises with a relatively Non linear expiration of play. As beginning Jedi knights can you from numerous missions select, which are strongly different both from the degree of difficulty and from level Design. Times must fight to it with Chewbacca against a smuggler ring, another time applies it a wild-become Rancor (the fat Ungetuem, against hatch the Skywalker in "backhonour the Jedi knight" fights) to calm. After an final mission master hatch gives you new Tipps, teaches to you new moves and brieft you for further missions. You distributed "points of power" and form your Padawan ever more to a powerful Jedi knight. Apropos move: Here there is to report to most new. Apart from the standard movements (at walls along, specially highly jump etc. run.) there is a number of new moves now. Depending upon laser sword (beside the standard laser sword, your hero can use also two laser swords or the famous double light sword of Darth muzzle) your hero can implement different maneuvers. Participates from spectacular round around attacks up to all destroying Salto attacks everything, which lets the Jedi Ritterherz strike more highly. Short result so far only really briefly played I the play, is this result there naturally with caution to be enjoyed. Graphically me "Jedi Academy" has from the stool does not gehauen, however nevertheless still is in the green range. Spielerisch however pleases me the third part even still better than the predecessor. The power abilities are integrated finally correctly in the play happening and the light sword duels are owing to new moves still spectacular and more variedly. Also the mission system and the new light swords provide for a good Ersteindruck. By distributing points of power after the fulfilled mission the play an easy RPG Touch even gets. But only an easy...; -) Over the technical weaknesses I see also gladly away if owing to original voice of hatch Skywalker so correctly beautiful "star Wars" Flair arises. On 18 September the play comes into the shops. Up to then must you you still in patience practice, my young Padawans...

Original:

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy @ GIGA GAMES
(Etienne) Ich spьre eine Erschьtterung der Macht. Das liegt nicht etwa an meinem eher mдЯigen Mittagessen, sondern vielmehr an der Prдsenz des neusten "Jedi Knight"-Teils. In "Jedi Academy" trefft Ihr als angehender Jedi-Ritter auf so manchen alten Bekannten.

Heute haben wir eine fast fertige Version von "Star Wars - Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy" erhalten. Ich habe leider nur sehr kurz spielen kцnnen, daher ein ganz kurzer Ersteindruck.

Anders als bei den Vorgдngern gibt es in "Jedi Academy" einen neuen Hauptcharakter: Anstatt sich mit Kyle Katarn durch Horden von Sturmtruppen zu schlagen, schlьpft Ihr im neuesten "Jedi Knight"-Teil in die Rolle eines jungen Padawans, der an der Jedi Akademie zu einem Jedi-Ritter ausgebildet werden mцchte. Keine leichte Aufgabe, denn sein Ausbilder ist kein geringerer als Luke Skywalker persцnlich, der seinen Padawan auf die ein oder andere gefдhrliche Mission schickt.
Was sich anhand der zahlreichen Previews und Screenshots schon angekьndigt hat, bewahrheitet sich auch im Spiel: Der Fokus liegt weniger auf Schusswechseln und Suchrдtseln, denn auf heftigen Laserschwert-Duellen und Sprungpassagen. Allerdings ist "Jedi Academy" immer noch ein Egoshooter. Freunde von heiЯen Feuergefechten und dicken Wummen kommen natьrlich auf ihre Kosten.
Doch die Macher wollten wohl vor allem die Langzeitmotivation erhцhen. So ьberrascht "Jedi Academy" mit einem relativ Non-Linearen Spielablauf. Als angehender Jedi-Ritter kцnnt Ihr aus zahlreichen Missionen auswдhlen, die sowohl vom Schwierigkeitsgrad als auch von Leveldesign stark unterschiedlich sind. Mal mьsst Ihr mit Chewbacca gegen einen Schmugglerring kдmpfen, ein anderes Mal gilt es einen wildgewordenen Rancor (das fette Ungetьm, gegen das Luke Skywalker in "Rьckehr der Jedi-Ritter" kдmpft) zu besдnftigen.
Nach einer abgeschlossenen Mission gibt Euch Meister Luke neue Tipps, bringt Euch neue Moves bei und brieft Euch fьr weitere Missionen. Ihr verteilt "Machtpunkte" und formt Euren Padawan immer mehr zu einem mдchtigen Jedi-Ritter.
Apropos Moves: Hier gibt es am meisten Neues zu berichten. Neben den Standardbewegungen (an Wдnden entlang laufen, extra hoch springen etc.) gibt es jetzt eine Reihe neuer Moves. Je nach Laserschwert (neben dem Standardlaserschwert, kann Euer Held auch zwei Laserschwerter oder das berьhmte Doppellichtschwert von Darth Maul benutzen) kann Euer Held unterschiedliche Manцver ausfьhren. Von spektakulдren Rundum-Angriffen bis hin zu alles vernichtenden Salto-Attacken ist alles dabei, was das Jedi-Ritterherz hцher schlagen lдsst.

Kurzfazit
Da ich das Spiel bislang nur wirklich kurz gespielt habe, ist dieses Fazit natьrlich mit Vorsicht zu genieЯen. Grafisch hat mich "Jedi Academy" zwar nicht vom Hocker gehauen, ist aber trotzdem noch im grьnen Bereich. Spielerisch hingegen gefдllt mir der dritte Teil sogar noch besser als der Vorgдnger. Die Macht-Fдhigkeiten werden endlich richtig ins Spielgeschehen integriert und die Lichtschwert-Duelle sind dank neuer Moves noch spektakulдrer und abwechslungsreicher. Auch das Missionssystem und die neuen Lichtschwerter sorgen fьr einen guten Ersteindruck. Durch das Verteilen der Machtpunkte nach den erfьllten Mission bekommt das Spiel sogar einen leichten RPG-Touch. Aber nur einen leichten... ;-)
Ьber die technischen Schwдchen sehe ich dann auch gerne hinweg, wenn dank Originalstimme von Luke Skywalker so richtig schцnes "Star Wars"-Flair aufkommt.
Am 18. September kommt das Spiel in die Lдden. Bis dahin mьsst Ihr Euch noch in Geduld ьben, meine jungen Padawans...
 WickedClown
09-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Now what did I say?
Good chance for today...aite.

Hope y'all'll enjoy it...I will -.-
Page: 1 of 1