Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Knight: Anime Academy

Page: 1 of 1
 Leo Soontar
09-01-2003, 12:15 PM
:cool: hey all, i'm big time anime fan and just thought the engine for the JK series would make great anime mods... imagine all the possible anime games that would come up if someone is willing to do it... :confused: hope hope :o

anime fans, imagine himura kenshin or inu-yasha sword fighting in MP. wouldn't that be so so so cool? :amidala: they could shout out "Ryu Tsui Sen" and "Kuzu Ryuu Sen"!!! like that when you use special moves. just attach a sound sample from the anime to the fighting sounds.... it would be easy to mod it right? sorry i suck i modding. i wish someone would do it though,.... please??? :confused: :(
 Assault3000
09-01-2003, 9:29 PM
No... just... no...
 Nobel Jedi
09-01-2003, 9:40 PM
if someone made it, i think i'd get it, the Swordfighting mod for Jedi outcast was cool 2 :)
 Tinny
09-01-2003, 9:43 PM
i was thinking a ninja turtle mod, leanardo could use the dual sabre animations while using the 2 katanas, and dontatelo can use the saber staff animations while weidling the boa, it'd be pretty cool :D
 TiBo
09-01-2003, 9:56 PM
A ninja turtles mod would be wicked.
 snowman21
09-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Right on!:D
 Leo Soontar
09-01-2003, 11:27 PM
anime mod! anime mod! anime mod! anime mod! .... :p

uhm, what else do i want to say...

ah, of course

rurouni kenshin mod! rurouni kenshin mod! rurouni kenshin mod! rurouni kenshin mod! .... :rolleyes:

okay, enough for now, thanks

*go put anti-flame vest on*
 flabajaba2213
09-02-2003, 12:22 AM
I think that it would be more popular if they made anime character skins that were usuable in MP.

I will begin work on several skins that I have thought of when I get to it. My favorite ideas:

1. A skin of Armitage, from armitage 3 - Dual Matrix. How badass would that be. With the red jacket and the chains.

2. Some eva skins. I know, I know, sacrilige, but it has to be done.

3. I'm not sure if someone has already done this one, but a robocop skin is a must! Need I say more?

4. Finally, a penguin skin. we all know, penguins are some of the most vicious animals in nature, and I would love to see a penguin wall run. Wouldn't you?

last thing, skinning isn't TOO difficult. It just takes a lot of time a patience. Give it a try, you might like it.

later.
 topshot
09-02-2003, 1:22 AM
I support the idea of both an anime mod and Ninja Turtles mod, or maybe a cross-over between the two would be kind of cool. I can always imagine Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho going up against Leo and Saitoh in a 2-on-1 match. :cool:
 Guardian Omega
09-02-2003, 2:07 AM
I've seen a Rurouni Kenshin mod for Jk2, but I can't find it. They did make a WONDERFUL Saito model, it looks just like him!
 Kurgan
09-02-2003, 2:57 AM
If you want, go for it. There was at least one somewhat elaborate Dragonball Z mod that came out RECENTLY for JK1.

Now I'm not a big japanese anime fan, but I am all for more original mods coming out for games I like. ; )

And who says every mod has to be Star Wars based? We will have billions of SW based mods since this is a SW game. But the area of non-SW mods is wide open!
 |GG|Carl
09-02-2003, 5:17 PM
Even a thumb wars (http://www.thumb.com/thumbwars/) mod?
 Obi-Wan X
09-02-2003, 5:51 PM
Im in to Anime as well, but thats really not to big of a point. JA should have some different mod genres, we cant have all mods be Star Wars related can we ? Im all for some sword play and anime style modifications, but it would require whole new weapons and such :)
 txa1265
09-02-2003, 6:02 PM
I'm not a fan of anime, either ... but the recent demo of XIII showed (for me anyway) how a simple change in presentation style (in that case it was comic book) can really alter the flow of gaming.

So the exact same game, in a different style (anime) with different models, would play very differently.

So ... go for it !

Mike
 yolkboy
09-02-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
i was thinking a ninja turtle mod, leanardo could use the dual sabre animations while using the 2 katanas, and dontatelo can use the saber staff animations while weidling the boa, it'd be pretty cool :D
What about Raphael's Sai's and Michaelangelo Nun-Chucks? I remember those days watching TMNT on Sat. Morning. What's up with the new series? Anyways, I would support that. I am getting more into anime so I would also support an anime mod. Sword fights of any kind are always great. Any good animes out there?
 Tinny
09-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by yolkboy
What about Raphael's Sai's and Michaelangelo Nun-Chucks? I remember those days watching TMNT on Sat. Morning. What's up with the new series? Anyways, I would support that. I am getting more into anime so I would also support an anime mod. Sword fights of any kind are always great. Any good animes out there?

it'd be really hard to implement it to balance stuff out, i guess Raphael could have same dual saber animations as leo but smaller range but has the ability to climb walls while sticking his sai's in there or mike could have more projectile weapons, i dunno :/
 Kurgan
09-02-2003, 11:20 PM
See that's the thing, we already have a TON of quality Star Wars mods for JK2.

Since it will be no trouble at all to port those to JA, we essentially already have a big pile of SW stuff! So why not non-SW mods?

I don't see any reason why people shouldn't pursue this. ; )
 Assault3000
09-02-2003, 11:25 PM
A ninja turtles mod would be very difficult, but not impossible when in the hands of skilled programmers and modders. Dual sabers could easily be switched to Leonardo's dual katanas, but other weapons could also be switched to melee weapons for the other characters.
 BloodRiot
09-02-2003, 11:46 PM
Ninja Scrool!

Samurai Showdow 4!

Into Anime..those are my 2 most wanted.
 Leo Soontar
09-02-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Kurgan
See that's the thing, we already have a TON of quality Star Wars mods for JK2.

Since it will be no trouble at all to port those to JA, we essentially already have a big pile of SW stuff! So why not non-SW mods?

I don't see any reason why people shouldn't pursue this. ; )

Exactly, Kurgan! :D Love you! lol
 Rumor
09-03-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by flabajaba2213
I think that it would be more popular if they made anime character skins that were usuable in MP.

I will begin work on several skins that I have thought of when I get to it. My favorite ideas:

1. A skin of Armitage, from armitage 3 - Dual Matrix. How badass would that be. With the red jacket and the chains.

2. Some eva skins. I know, I know, sacrilige, but it has to be done.

3. I'm not sure if someone has already done this one, but a robocop skin is a must! Need I say more?

4. Finally, a penguin skin. we all know, penguins are some of the most vicious animals in nature, and I would love to see a penguin wall run. Wouldn't you?

last thing, skinning isn't TOO difficult. It just takes a lot of time a patience. Give it a try, you might like it.

later.

yeah but the models would be a pain in the ass
 Leo Soontar
09-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Guardian Omega
I've seen a Rurouni Kenshin mod for Jk2, but I can't find it. They did make a WONDERFUL Saito model, it looks just like him!

wow o.O, very interesting... can you find the link to it again? i've been looking but no luck yet.
 Blademaster_109
09-03-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Assault3000
No... just... no... i agree. some people are just idiots.
 Leo Soontar
09-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Blademaster_109
i agree. some people are just idiots.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!
care to explain? please?
 HaruGlory89
09-03-2003, 12:40 AM
They're are tons of mods out there, it might just come out.
 Obi-Wan X
09-03-2003, 1:38 AM
Oh, i'd bet my life that some sword related mods would come out during JA's lifespan, but seriously well done Anime mods im not to sure about : ). Ive yet to see to many other things aside from BFP for Quake 3. But im sure we'll see a lot of skins, models, and weapons.
 Guardian Omega
09-03-2003, 2:12 AM
AH, I found it!
http://rkr.ravencommunity.net/)

Not done yet though.
 flabajaba2213
09-03-2003, 3:15 AM
Thats ok. I have some experience modeling, and I am sure to get more during my "career". =) Also, I am a college student, so I will have PLENTY of time for fun and games. College students don't actually GO to class, we just download our papers online and hand them in. We don't need to pay attention, all of the notes are on the teachers web page anyway, so why even go to college? Do college online!

(That was MAJOR sarcasm right there, except for the online college thing. online college can be a great supplement to your exhisting courses, and you choose when you want to attend class, to a degree.)

later all.
 BloodRiot
09-03-2003, 12:12 PM
Blademaster: Not intending to start anything even remotely offensive... If everyone had the exact same taste... we'd all be wearing yellow (and that's a scary idea mind you).

And before you start calling people idiots... I'd just like to point out that i've seen many of your threads and for most of them I found those questions totally pointless... but that's just me.

No please live with the fact that tastes come in all shapes and sizes... and as stated above... we got tons of SW related mods out there... a few non SW wouldn't really hurt.

Believe me when I say I wouldn't loose any sleeping hours if no Anime mod was ever made... but if it's good...heck I would surelly give it a try.

Some mods are that good and have nothing to do with the original game... I've heard of people buying UT2k3 for the SW mod.

The Gladiators (not sure if it's this name) TC had great reviews by Raven's Staff themselves.

I know there are alot of Anime fans out there... so the mod has all the potential to find it's players... those who are not interested.. no one is forcing you to get it.

Cheers.
 Leo Soontar
09-03-2003, 7:01 PM
Originally posted by BloodRiot
Blademaster: Not intending to start anything even remotely offensive... If everyone had the exact same taste... we'd all be wearing yellow (and that's a scary idea mind you).

And before you start calling people idiots... I'd just like to point out that i've seen many of your threads and for most of them I found those questions totally pointless... but that's just me.

No please live with the fact that tastes come in all shapes and sizes... and as stated above... we got tons of SW related mods out there... a few non SW wouldn't really hurt.

Believe me when I say I wouldn't loose any sleeping hours if no Anime mod was ever made... but if it's good...heck I would surelly give it a try.

Some mods are that good and have nothing to do with the original game... I've heard of people buying UT2k3 for the SW mod.

The Gladiators (not sure if it's this name) TC had great reviews by Raven's Staff themselves.

I know there are alot of Anime fans out there... so the mod has all the potential to find it's players... those who are not interested.. no one is forcing you to get it.

Cheers.

Thank you. :D

And to G-Omega, you rock! It looks like a pretty serious, elaborate mod. Hope it'll be easy for those devs to convert what they're working on to the JA engine.
 Pedro The Hutt
09-04-2003, 1:07 PM
hm, a KoF mod would be neat >.> tossing purple flame instead of laser bolts mwahaha. Asobi wa owarida, nake sakabe sosh|te.. shine!

And the RK mod looks spiffy so far. I hope that Kenshin goes "Oro!" when he loses XD
Page: 1 of 1