Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Voices on Fate of Atlantis

Page: 1 of 1
 toby
12-15-2000, 7:04 AM
I just downloaded FOA from abandonware, and there is no voice sound (music/backgraound works and dialog bubbles appear). Is this normal? Or is there some way to change the options for sound or the DOS settings for the IRC ports for this game? Maybe I just have a rogue download.
Thanks.
 nd
12-16-2000, 9:44 AM
You mean the so-called talkie version of FOA, it's a special "enhanced CD-ROM edition" which was released in 1993.

I assume you've got the normal version of 1992 which only has MIDI music and text dialogues (if there ain't a 150MB file named 'monster.sou' you don't have the talkie version).

If you are an US resident you can still purchase it at Lucasarts' on-line store. Here in Europe it is not available anymore.

Took me half a year to find the talkie version at eBay, payed more than $200 for it, but now I'm a proud owner. Sorry, won't sell it ;-)

Roland
Page: 1 of 1